Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jose Riga

Comments

• Options

Tonight's selection and subs confirm to me that this mob actually want us relegated and that Riga is as much a puppet as Fraye.

This, he just hides it better.
  • Options
    Said it when he came back, just another network lacky. Tonight's decisions were pathetic, team selection, substitutions, inability to motivate a team in a must win game. Needs to go with the rest of the pathetic Belgiums at our club.
  • Options
    Substituting Harriott was lunacy as was leaving Poyet on the pitch. Hopeless display in a must win game.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Riga, Peeters, Luzon, Fraeye, Riga.

Not serious, competitive appointments.

Warnock, Lennon, Johnson, Robinson.

Managers put in place and kept in place by owners looking to take their clubs to the next level.

The fact Lennon's Bolton are below us is irrelevant. He was put in place for all the right reasons.
  • Options
    3 wins in his last 26 Championship games - Jose Riga Baby
  • Options
    A complete and utter wanker, about as useful as a fart in a space suit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A diabolical performance the players huffed and puffed no fucking guile or tactical nouse, the substitution of Harriot was bewildering it left the team totally exposed on their right hand side and it took Riga 15 minutes to realise the stupidity of his action and bring Bergditch (if that's how you spell his name) to balance the side. I wont, on this occasion berate the players they are simply either not up to perform at this level and are not coached/managed well enough to compete. We will be the Leyton Orient of Sarf London, a generation of fans bypassed with a club in a spiraling downward decline. I thought Riga just, just, might be able to stage a remarkable turnaround but I now think he got lucky last time. That initial substitution tonight was the mark of yet another man from the fucking regime who is totally out of his depth.
  • Options
    RIGA..stands for Relegation Is Guaranteed Addicks fans
  • Options
    As others have said, last time he inherited "proper" players, had Dyer and Matthews beside him and a decent backroom staff, esp Chappel. Roly won't even pay Euell sufficient to help him out. This time round he is winging it until the next Belgian arrives. Boycott until RD gone.
  • Options
    That's fine if that's what you believe.The football and team set up were different from Powell to Riga so no I don't believe Powell would of kept us up just like he wasn't a success at Huddersfield.Cant knock what he did in League One but then he had plenty of money to spend certainly more than other clubs so was he lucky to have that opportunity then? Yes he is a great bloke and has Charlton in his blood.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Regardless of what he did 2 years ago the bloke had no idea last night with his team selection. He cost us the Reading game with his 3 at the back that left massive gaps between the slow paced, Johnson, Fanni and Texiera.

After getting a good win against Brentford then barring injuries and suspensions then you leave the side as it is. To drop Sanogo made no sense to me when we was crying out for goals in a must win game.

The final straw last night was taking the only bloke who looked like beating a defender in young Harriott and leave on the fella who looks like he does not want to be there, in Makienok. Most people who watch football know what's right and wrong. That decision was plainly idiotic.

As the Reading game Riga's decision making as cost us vital points.
  • Options

That's fine if that's what you believe.The football and team set up were different from Powell to Riga so no I don't believe Powell would of kept us up just like he wasn't a success at Huddersfield.Cant knock what he did in League One but then he had plenty of money to spend certainly more than other clubs so was he lucky to have that opportunity then? Yes he is a great bloke and has Charlton in his blood.

Agree that Powell might not have kept us up. He wasn't a regime puppet though. All Riga dis was delay the inevitable - he's come back to finish the job off this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd rather have Frank Spencer in charge than any of the mugs that Roly has installed.
  • Options
    The Valley is a toxic mix these days. Never has the club been so divided. I think Riga is on a hiding to nothing with the current group of players but his decision making last night was bizarre and the Lookman situation smacks of being told not to play him and this at a time when we are desperate to win a game. He's too close to the regime. No confidence he has what it takes to stand up to RD or understand just how tough League One will be.
  • Options

Lookman must be off. No other explanation for his brief appearance.

Yea they don't want him to get injured! If he does it would delay them selling him in June. Grrrr he could have kept us up!!! RD you twat
  • Options

Hopefully this season will bury the 'Riga saved us before' bollocks.

He is a fraud, who (just once) was in the right place at the right time. His reputation was built by his predecessor and the non - network staff and players he inherited.

I hope we stop singing his name. only last week at Brentford many sang the Jose Riga baby song. If the problem is you just like the song then sing the original lyrics.
  • Options
    IA said:

He is a fraud, who (just once) was in the right place at the right time. His reputation was built by his predecessor and the non - network staff and players he inherited.

I hope we stop singing his name. only last week at Brentford many sang the Jose Riga baby song. If the problem is you just like the song then sing the original lyrics.
    The original lyrics suit better to Karel Fraeye. Maybe we can bring him back.

"You were working as a waitress in a cocktail bar when I met you..."
    Scratch that. I just realised later lyrics mention "Success has been so easy for you", which isn't true for Fraeye.
  • Options

The Valley is a toxic mix these days. Never has the club been so divided. I think Riga is on a hiding to nothing with the current group of players but his decision making last night was bizarre and the Lookman situation smacks of being told not to play him and this at a time when we are desperate to win a game. He's too close to the regime. No confidence he has what it takes to stand up to RD or understand just how tough League One will be.

Riga admitted in his interview that he got it wrong and should have brought him on 10 minutes earlier. Not the first manager to have got something wrong! But Lookman has hardly set the world alight in his last couple of outings.
    He also stated that he would have liked to have started with Sanogo, but that he can't manage 2 games 3 days. This is what he is having to contend with. He gets Vetokele back for a game, he then disappears, same with Diarra. He's constantly having to rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic. The truth is that the iceberg was hit long before Riga arrived. I believe the bloke really cares and is doing his utmost. Whether he is too close to RD or not, I don't know.
  • Options
    Agree with you mate, all of the tinkering in the world isn't going to save us now.

Managers live and die by decisions, and if Mak had scored the winner, or Sanogo had come on and scored the winner, then Riga is a genius, but they didn't so he is labelled a twat - such is the life of a manager.

We are buggered because the strategy and ideas of the people running the club, are fundamentally flawed, which is why we have had three managers this season, and have won 6 games out of 36 (I think).

The very fact that many on here, are looking at an 18 year old Lookman as our saviour, tells you all that you need to know about the level of ability in our team - hopeless.

Our recruitment has been shocking, RJ and Poyet have made us weaker and not stronger, and on the point of those two, it smacks of desperation that we settled for two of our old boys, when surely a decent scouting network could have found better options (they could hardly have found worse).
  • Options

Susan Anne Sulley is a very attractive lady.