Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks v's Cardiff match thread 13/2/16 (now forever known as Pinocchio Day)

Comments

• I know we've not really been able to rely on our bench all season but even less so today... Only Lookman and Sanogo if we're behind can be relied upon
  • Nurse.The screens, nurse!
  • What a shit lineup
  • eug72 said:

Why play Reza. I would have stuck Sanogo in. Clueless.

But you haven't seen Sanogo in training.

Clueless.

;o)
  • edited February 2016
    No Fanni, no Motta, Sanogo only on the bench.

Seems like they're not Riga signings, whereas Teixeira has been in the team since day 1.
  • Where's Fanni?
  • That team makes me glad I'm not there. Thanks for the thread RM. will be following avidly. Boycott decision overtaken by a bout of gastro-wotsit itis. It's a blessing for the west upper that I'm absent.
  • We have a small squad already ((c) RD) but it's made smaller when you exclude the players who Riga doesn't want to play.....
  • Some thoughts from Twitter just now-:
    José Riga's #cafc team selections are not doing anything to convince the doubters that he isn't just yet another puppet.

That team we've put out is so uninspiring it's ridiculous. How can there only be 1 change after struggling past bristol city?!?! Joke
  • Sponsored links:

• Where's Fanni?

Sorry can't tell you my 'lips' are closed................
  • Ridiculous line up.These horrible belgians really want us relegated dont they.Reza huh!! Huh!! Huh !!
  • I am always positive. However, I don't believe that team can win. The lad Fox needs a rest. Reza isn't good enough. We desperately need Poyet playing well so he needs to start, as does Sanogo.
    Sorry Jose, I suspect this time it's too much to ask.
  • More comments from Twitter-:

Such a weak team for #cafc today. Reza and Mak will be completely ineffective.

• I hope there's a wider context there or I'll be cancelling my Trust membership.
  • I hope there's a wider context there or I'll be cancelling my Trust membership.
    To be fair he goes on to say he didn't read the article so there could be
  • Can imagine the piece is probably refuting the statement. It's not in the programme, it's in the trust mag.
  • Sponsored links:

• Can I just say , Red Mid is a hero providing this service when it's so bloody depressing.

Thank you Red

I would like to say its my pleasure...and for everyone following on here it is...but the club really are stretching my patience.
  • More comments from Twitter-:

Such a weak team for #cafc today. Reza and Mak will be completely ineffective.

Just to add to that, can see just a complete roll over for Cardiff today. Nothing about that lineup suggests we are going to fight for it.
  • Jacko still in midfield and Harriot not even on the bench. What has Harriot done this time around to get totally ignored after his terrific performance against Forest?
  • Wow, why don't we have more left back cover?

That said I don't think the team is as weak as many are saying.

Fortunately I am going to be on a plane to France taking off not long after kick off and arriving after full time.

I wish the team and manager the best of luck, I hope we win.

I wish the regime and all their minions an extended period in the nether regions of hell.
  • masicat said:

I am always positive. However, I don't believe that team can win. The lad Fox needs a rest. Reza isn't good enough. We desperately need Poyet playing well so he needs to start, as does Sanogo.
    Sorry Jose, I suspect this time it's too much to ask.

Oh, bloody hell. Masicat never wrong.

;o)
  • I considered breaking my amnesty today; glad I didn't . COYA anyway !
  • CHARLTON | Henderson, Solly, Teixeira, Lennon, Fox, Gudmundsson, Cousins, Jackson, Bergdich, Makienok, Reza.

Do I not like that!
  • Vetokele - current injury sustained in training
    Kashi - ditto
    Bauer - ditto

Numerous other injuries, Lookman's for example, sustained in the first half of games.

Among the many other questions, we need to know how our fitness and medical budget and resources matchs up to those at our competitors. Third lowest in the league I imagine, like the playing budget. The trouble is that there was a twisted rationale to a low playing budget. Are we also using medical school trainees to run our fitness and medical side?

Cant remember a season in recent memory where we've had this many injuries. I know you cant account for on the field actions always but really seems like the medical team are completely ineffective in any prevention and rehabilitation. (Not a medical expert)