Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cardiff (H) Feb 2016: Pinnochio Day!

167891012»

Comments

• That's fine. Would the club leave the turnstiles open ? It's something they would have to consider doing. The club would not want fans stuck outside whilst the game is being played. At the moment it's a game of cat and mouse. The regime are not flinching. YET. Once the game is finished have a mass sit in. The policing bills will be vast. It's the only way to hit the club. That's in the pocket.
  • That's fine. Would the club leave the turnstiles open ? It's something they would have to consider doing. The club would not want fans stuck outside whilst the game is being played. At the moment it's a game of cat and mouse. The regime are not flinching. YET. Once the game is finished have a mass sit in. The policing bills will be vast. It's the only way to hit the club. That's in the pocket.
  • We can agree to do it. Club will have to staff it and then at 12 o'clock. Pull it. It costs zilch.
  • @markmc68 good ideas but maybe not such a good idea to put them on the public forum where the club can read them in advance,.
  • I know what you are saying but it keeps the club guessing. CARD are doing a wonderful job but have seen negative comments on here. I'm thinking more national exposure without trouble. We have to agree to disagree and not all fans will agree with certain types of action. But we have to remain united.
    I saw first hand last week what carnage can be caused when the black cab drivers converged on Whitehall en mass at the same time.
  • If the plan was to turn up at half time the club can just close the turnstiles leaving everyone outside until they open the exit gates.

I think that's exactly what they'd do.

The last game I attended at The Valley - Blackburn FA Cup 3rd round last year - I arrived 10 mins before half time. No turnstiles open whatsoever, and had to go in to reception to ask if I could actually buy a ticket to go in. It then took about 10 mins for someone to "sort something out"
  • If they shut the turnstiles it becomes a boycott. Well. sort of.
  • edited February 2016
    Perhaps an idea would be to arrange a 5pm protest after the next game and then, at 5.15, EVERYONE pile in to the 'meet and greet the Charlton Legends' event that the Club will arrange to counter the demo.

Exodus from the car park to the lounge en masse.

Or then we could threaten to do this and then not do it. Keep them on their toes. They wouldn't know what to do.

Difficult to arrange?

Just a thought.
  • I thought it was a success, a bit of harmless fun, that further humiliates our incompetant CEO and kept the message alive in the media that we are still fighting for our club.

I would personally support any measures that make the club less viable to run for the current regime, including match disruption tactics but I understand why some are reluctant as I don't wish to see us relegated either.
  • the fellas dressed up as pinnochio wouldnt of looked out of place on a stag do to blackpool, just thought it looked v odd to wear to a football match.

Blimey I didn't think I looked like a 'fella'. Maybe it was the red shorts?
  • Sponsored links:

• For goodness sake make sure whatever action taken is lawful. Pinocchio is a lawyer, anyone identified doing anything which costs the club money, especially causing a game to be abandoned, can expect not only Criminal proceedings, but to be cleaned out in the Civil courts to recompense the owners for losses incurred.
  • shine166 said:

Can anyone point me in the direction of getting some custom paper masks made ?

That was a genuine question :) i have an upcoming project that i need to use them for.
  • A palace fan on Twitter. The message spreading once again.
  • Writer, used to do Palace's main fanzine
  • shine166 said:

shine166 said:

Can anyone point me in the direction of getting some custom paper masks made ?

That was a genuine question :) i have an upcoming project that i need to use them for.
    @shine166 I have PMd you.
  • I think you need to:

1. Get a life

2. Stop yawning

3. Find someone else to stalk

4. Get a life
  • Sponsored links:

• PL54 said:

I think you need to:

1. Get a life

2. Stop yawning

3. Find someone else to stalk