Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cardiff (H) Feb 2016: Pinnochio Day!

Comments

• Options

Surprised KM is still travelling on the train and wandering around on her own on match days as evidenced by this picture. Not saying she shouldn't be able to, but it does show some balls. I'll reluctantly give her that.

F*** squirrel face, she's showing total contempt and taking the outright p***.

Where is the 'Watford' dude when you want him?!
  • Options

Prince you do talk the biggest load of unadulterated garbage
    Results on the pitch is what will help us survive
    Not silly Pinocchio face masks

A lot of people will make him/her right.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

So then, who gave it to her "both barrels"

She even had to create a conversation with The Oracle.

What have you got against Everitt?
  • Options
    Great pics Rich.

The Companies House cut out was great. A real proper piss take of the morons running out club.

In it for the long haul I guess.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

I just Chucked a few Charlton Pinocchio beer mats Down in the dial arch and spoke to one of the bar men telling him how bad things are. His reply was "I don't really care!"

Well Ian's response was "Well you're a fucking wanker"!

I was crying with laughter as we marched out the pub with Ian shouting a few choice words as we went!

Happy Valentines Day!!

Well, what can you expect from a pub that advertises the Rugby so wholeheartedly.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

What was her main gripe with Rick?

She really had nothing to say except a rather strange idea that I might be worried about speaking to her face to face. I'm guessing that the background to this is that I don't routinely cross the road, stand in her way or shout at her when she arrives at work four hours after her staff, which is quite true. I usually ignore her, indeed I don't always notice her.

The reason I don't confront her is that I think it both could and would appear aggressive - and provide the opportunity for her to play the victim, which she's very good at. I'm not playing that game, thanks.

She did exactly the right thing today by embracing the protest (accepting a sticker and a mask) and approaching me was no doubt also part of showing she wasn't affected by it. I'm sure she'd given it a lot of thought, but ask yourself why she was coming over to me when she actually had nothing to say.

I asked her some questions about why she will only speak to handpicked fans and cannot appear in front of them without surrounding herself with other staff, which she didn't answer. I asked her why she has never been willing to engage with the people who ran the club for 15 years and why she is so frightened of speaking to Varney, who she sneered at.

At that point two of the hovering goons intervened and indicated I wasn't allowed to continue, although as it was the street it was nothing to do with them. With hindsight I'd probably have played it differently, but then unlike Katrien I hadn't spent the last hour planning it.
    Hero
    Why is he?
  • Options
    rikofold said:

Some pics, including the legendary @ME14addick

The first time in my life I've been called legendary!!!!!
  • Options
    You are though. Every little chip. Well as 10 have been shown this week, never mind this week's three major PR disasters, then it's just one more away from 14....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2016

PL54 said:

So then, who gave it to her "both barrels"

She even had to create a conversation with The Oracle.

What have you got against Everitt?
    I can only assume it is because Rick gets more attention.
  • Options
    I'm with you @boggzy but you can see by how many people who complain that a 15 second chant of 'stand up if you want them out' is disrupting the team / games that it is such a difficult path to find actions that the majority (it will never be all) of people will go along with.
  • Options

I'm with you @boggzy but you can see by how many people who complain that a 15 second chant of 'stand up if you want them out' is disrupting the team / games that it is such a difficult path to find actions that the majority (it will never be all) of people will go along with.

Yep. I do think it's nigh-on impossible with our fanbase.

If a few of us mobilised to disrupt a game (which is something that would gain a lot of press attention, and actually really piss the regime off), I could easily see scrapping amongst ourselves in the ground! We're a strange bunch.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    I agree re avoiding disruption of a match unless or until we are relegated. I even have serious concerns re season ticket boycott, as once fans get out of the habit of regular attendance, it is hard to get them back - even under different owners in future, however well - intentioned such an organised action may be.

We need to keep all our anger focused on the regime and not on other CAFC fans (though no problem with the odd deserved dig back at @PL54)...last bit is a joke, for clarity.

Above all, the fans should not become complicit in hastening the long term decline of the club. RD is achieving that as it is, and that is what we must fight.
  • Options
    I thought the Pinocchio idea was fine - we need to keep fresh ideas coming. Eventually these protests need to move inside the ground. If the players cannot keep playing while the fans chant abuse at KM ande RD, what will they do at Leeds or Millwall when the home fans go after them? I disagree with pitch invasions, as it is detrimental to the club (and will get people into serious trouble) and I still dream we might win a game or two more and make a fight of it, but the protests are important, and we need them to keep coming.
    The Liverpool 'walk out' was a great idea, but the problem is, it'll look silly if we score five minutes before the announced time, and the fans all decide to stick around. KM to me sounds rattled, and it would feed her the chance to revert to her 2% mindset. If we can guarantee the numbers, the walk out would be great, but how do you do that?
    As for a boycott, it's happening anyway.
  • Options
    Think you are doing a great job Curb_It so apologies if any offence taken.

Some people wont like every idea but a load of them have been superb.
  • Options
    I think if we were to do a walk out it would have to be very well orchestrated to look good. At Liverpool the stands were full and it looked really good. (Real) Attendance at The Valley is now below the 50% mark at the start of games. So it has the danger of looking like people just going home early 'cos they've had enough. I think if we were to do this people should make an effort to sit at the front of the stands where they'll be seen leaving.
  • Options
    Stig said:

I think if we were to do a walk out it would have to be very well orchestrated to look good. At Liverpool the stands were full and it looked really good. (Real) Attendance at The Valley is now below the 50% mark at the start of games. So it has the danger of looking like people just going home early 'cos they've had enough. I think if we were to do this people should make an effort to sit at the front of the stands where they'll be seen leaving.

Agree. I think a pre-match demo followed by delayed walk-in (just 10 minutes or so) might work better - but then very loud support, to make the contrast.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How did the Arsenal v Leicester late walk-in go? Stadium looked pretty full at the start from what I saw on TV highlights. It is very difficult to ensure these have any impact unless we get a large majority to participate, and even then, there are loads of empty seats anyway, which dilutes it.
  • Options
    the football for a fiver game is when to do a walkin walkout - i would imagine the attendances will be a bit higher.

im sure card have thought of this.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    the fellas dressed up as pinnochio wouldnt of looked out of place on a stag do to blackpool, just thought it looked v odd to wear to a football match.
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

When a late score comes though on the television the presenter normally explains why there has been a stoppage ie. Floodlight failure. Coach arrived late. Transport problems. I think it would be a good idea for everybody to turn up for a 4 o'clock kick off and watch the second half only. The second half would be delayed as I'm sure health and safety would not allow large groups of supporters to enter all at the same time. Turnstile staff and stewards would have to stay later hitting Roland in the pocket and police staffing costs would escalate also. Playing the first half in a near empty stadium and then ramping the atmosphere up for the second half. This will gain national exposure I'm sure.
    No violence. No tennis balls.
    Just an idea.

It's a good idea but I don't think enough fans will partake to make it work.
    Most of the East stand can't even be bothered to stand up when the "stand up if you want them out" song is sung.
  • Options
    Even if 4 thousand turn up late it will cause a lot of problems. More importantly it will be mentioned on all the sports channels. Just a suggestion. We can announce it and then pull it last minute. Will keep the club on their toes.
  • Options
    Even if 4 thousand turn up late it will cause a lot of problems. More importantly it will be mentioned on all the sports channels. Just a suggestion. We can announce it and then pull it last minute. Will keep the club on their toes.
  • Options
    I don't think it would work like that. If there was an accident blocking traffic, or several trains delayed, they may do something, but if everyone just stays in the pub until 5 minutes before the game, they'll just kick off without them.
  • Options
    If the plan was to turn up at half time the club can just close the turnstiles leaving everyone outside until they open the exit gates.