Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bristol City v Charlton - Post Match Views

1235»

Comments

• Can't believe I made my family trudge down to Bristol on Boxing Day for that steaming pile of cow dung. Ive never seen us play so badly and get a point. Glad the police were there at the end as they have investigating with regards to a robbery that happened right under their noses. Karel Fraeye was so unanimated and the back drop of a big puddle and mud suited this Sunday League manager. I can hardly blame him for this but Diarra went down three times before he brought on Sarr, that sort of reluctance can't be good for Nabys confidence, although admittedly in his position id probably show the same reluctance
  • edited December 2015
    SMW28 said:

Can't believe I made my family trudge down to Bristol on Boxing Day for that steaming pile of cow dung. Ive never seen us play so badly and get a point. Glad the police were there at the end as they have investigating with regards to a robbery that happened right under their noses. Karel Fraeye was so unanimated and the back drop of a big puddle and mud suited this Sunday League manager. I can hardly blame him for this but Diarra went down three times before he brought on Sarr, that sort of reluctance can't be good for Nabys confidence, although admittedly in his position id probably show the same reluctance

Not to mention the increasing risk of Diarra being out injured even longer. Yet another example of the lack of experience on the bench and pushing players (cue Cousins) beyond their physical limit.

Felt for you hardy souls who made the trip, fair play to you and at least there was a little something to show for your efforts at the end.
  • JBG doant want to get injured said it months ago he is only 60% comited --his aim is the Euros.
  • JBG doant want to get injured said it months ago he is only 60% comited --his aim is the Euros.

You do have to wonder about that, he has been nowhere near as effective as I expected.
  • Leuth said:

Nicholas said:

We need to give Freye Meire and Roland loads of stick on Monday for full 90minutes. We really need to crank the pressure up before it's too late. These scum bags are on the brink of killing our club. We can't just sit there anymore and take it.

We need to support the team for 90 minutes ffs

1StevieG said:

JBG is too lightweight and not up for the fight. His last game for us was shocking. Won't shed a tear if we sold him.

I've watched most of his games for Iceland in the qualifiers ( they were in the Czech group.) he is a key player in a team which has 320,000 people from which to generate a football team. The Ajax stadium is not for players not up for a fight. It's far more intimidating than Wembley.

JBG is as up for a fight as anyone. The problem is that if all your gang want to do is win a pub brawl, you really don't need to recruit a guy from the special forces. Nor would he want to be recruited.
    Ajax's stadium is like the Emirates.

Feyenoord - intimidating, but not Ajax.

• vffvff
    edited December 2015

JBG doant want to get injured said it months ago he is only 60% comited --his aim is the Euros.

Being that Duchatelet will want to sell JBG for maximum value after exposure at the Euros. I would be surprised to see JBG being sold in January, 16 for that reason. I can't see that JBG starting for the Sept 16/17 season, whatever division Charlton are in. Until the end of the season, not quite sure what kind of player Charlton will have with him. Probably not one up for a gritty relegation fight, unfortunately.
  • edited December 2015

1StevieG said:

JBG is too lightweight and not up for the fight. His last game for us was shocking. Won't shed a tear if we sold him.

I've watched most of his games for Iceland in the qualifiers ( they were in the Czech group.) he is a key player in a team which has 320,000 people from which to generate a football team. The Ajax stadium is not for players not up for a fight. It's far more intimidating than Wembley.

JBG is as up for a fight as anyone. The problem is that if all your gang want to do is win a pub brawl, you really don't need to recruit a guy from the special forces. Nor would he want to be recruited.
    I know what JBG is capable of as I have watched him enough since he has been with us. I have also been to the Amsterdam Arena so I know what it's like for atmosphere having seen Rommedhal tear Ajax a new one. Anyway I digress, JBG has plenty of of skill but recently hasn't been effective. Some of his shooting has been poor, giving the ball away cheaply ( not the only one ) and when he has not ben getting the rub of the green from referees has thrown his toys out the pram too easily. Maybe I was being a bit harsh when I said I would not be sad to see him go if sold but that last game against Bolton was awful. And it's not as if it was a one off as his performances have been gradually getting worse. Thing is we can't drop him to the bench as we don't have a big enough squad to have the luxury of making an example to one player who thinks he is too good to be dropped.
  • Sponsored links:

• grateful for the point but just watched the Sky highlights, looks like we were under siege for most of the match which is not really a good sign for future matches. What seemed to me to be significent was that our "interim head coach" virtually admitted that the post match talk was conducted by his skipper.Maybe the skipper should have his job, certainly someone else needs to have it and quickly
  • grateful for the point but just watched the Sky highlights, looks like we were under siege for most of the match which is not really a good sign for future matches. What seemed to me to be significent was that our "interim head coach" virtually admitted that the post match talk was conducted by his skipper.Maybe the skipper should have his job, certainly someone else needs to have it and quickly

We were, from about 30 mins to 89 mins - how City didnt have 4/5 goals min by 60 mins was beyond me. That is probably the poorest i've seen us play since the Parky era.
    Fraeye did nothing whilst standing on side on pitch - absolutely nothing. Euell was the only one trying to advise and tactics.
  • edited December 2015
    After letting CAFC ruin last Easter after the goodbad Friday loss at the Den, i decided to give this Boxing day game a miss.

I don't know what is sadder ?

That Good Charlton People/Supporters/fans/critics are disappointed when
    we score a late goal in an away match; or for the first time from the soapbox
    I'm beginning to understand your points of view !

I can't do that myself because i still want a new owner to take over a championship side, or Roland has a "On the road to Damascus Moment"

After Diarra went off and Adrian Mole, who is nearly 14, came on,
    our team is so young and inexperience,
    It's not a case of not winning anything with kids, but can they finish at least 21st and stay up ?

The young players deserve our support because in most teams they would be introduced a couple at a times with 24 to 32 year olds to help them.

We only have JJ and Diarra and they shouldn't be playing every game as both of them have injury issues when they play too many games.

You must keep believing that tomorrow will bring hope ?

Well OK, maybe the day after ?
  • edited December 2015
  • JBG does seem to be suffering from the same condition as Reza did before his big summer tournament, Gudmundsson just gets away with it as he has last seasons performances to fall back on for good will from us fans.

I can't really blame him too much though, he must be as fed up almost as much as us fans.
  • Joint top scorer last season...
  • Scoham said:
    Giving how crap the team was in the first half, I'm not surprised.

Hope you're all right by the way Jordan, I did the same when we lost 5-0 away to West Ham on Boxing Day.
    Ha ha, me too mate, I was in the West Ham end that day!
  • cafctom said:

Leuth said:

Nicholas said:

We need to give Freye Meire and Roland loads of stick on Monday for full 90minutes. We really need to crank the pressure up before it's too late. These scum bags are on the brink of killing our club. We can't just sit there anymore and take it.

1StevieG said:

Well I'm talking about international games. Maybe you'll tell me that you can't tell from TV but for sure there was an edge there that you dont get at Prawn Sandwich Central, and furthermore they kept going even when their team had - yet again - let them down.

I cant blame JBG anyway. What on earth did they sell him in close season?
  • Leuth said:

Nicholas said:

It's not about the football any more.

What goes on in 90 minutes is a sideshow for the chaos off it.
  • First away game for me this year – thought I’d sample some of the Charlton magic over the xmas period.!
    Thought we held our own for first 30 – no real danger from Brizzle, however, not one shot from us either. However, that all changed about 30 mins in when Bristol obviously realised that we had nothing to scare them. All of their attacks tended to come from our left had side (strange how teams have noticed that , innit ?). Bristol were shocking in front of goal – abosoultely shocking , with their black guy up front guilty of squandering multiple , multiple chances, including even heading one from his striking partner over the bar when it was going in anyway!
    Anyway, for us, Jacko and Solly huffed and puffed as usual, though making many block tackles when it seemed City were about to score….
    Henderson – did ok, though might be at fault with the goal, but maybe not with the swirling wind.
    Solly – solid, normal perfromance you would expect fron Chris.
    Fox – hmmmm, think we might have been better off with 10 men – at least we could have maybe had a plan to counter their tricky right-winger – Fox seemed scared whenever he had the ball, and just resorted to hoofing it up (mainly unsuccessfully) to Mak, or miscuing and ending up in the crowd, was always allowing their right-winger loads of space.Poor – very poor.
    Jacko – usual solid, talismanic performance from Jacko – ended up playing at the back for the last 10 mins while Sarr and Lennon tried to get upfront as much as poss.
    Sarr – phew, I know I’ve said it before, but I get so nervous and cringy when he gets to the ball or near the ball – summed up in the second half when he decided to give the ball away to their attacker when 2 on 2 instead of just hoofing it – a liability.
    Diarra – thought he played well, always intercepting – can imagine him and Bauer making a very solid partnership at the back.
    Lennon – again looked a liability – nervous on the ball, continually exposed by their attackers – however, he took his goal well !
    Lookman – looked a bit tired, was always surrounded by at least 2 players – showed a couple of sparks, including one sublime bit in second half where he turned one way then the other, and lost all the defenders around him to find acres of space. Overall though, quiet.
    Mak – won most of the high balls hoofed up to him – did little else- but had little support.
    Vaz Te – had to look on several occasions to see he was still on pitch – anonymous.
    Reza – chased/hurried – fell over. Had one good shot on target.
    Ba – thought he played well – only player who was able to find space and try to drive us forward in the second half

Horrible pernicious little club that Bristol – ball boys slack on returning the ball(ahem), announcer deliberately announcing just as Lookman was taking a corner, and also Solly catapulted head first into the dug-out (no idea how he didn’t have a serious head injury) – oh, and 30 quid to get in !

What a shambles we have become under Duchatelet, discards Kermogant,Stephens,Morro, players I used to love watching – only to be replaced with the likes of Makienok,Reza and Sarr
    The only plus for me, was there was an obvious desire from all on the field to try to get equaliser in the last 5 mins – they gave a lot in that period, and that I admire and maybe shows there is no divisive factor within the team, and maybe some togetherness.
    This was a total and utter steal by us – never known us to play that badly but get something from the game – normally happens against us – Norwich at home a few seasons ago springs to mind.

I keep thinking that if we had Bauer,THD,Kashi,Vetokele,JBG in the team, then maybe we could have a half decent team – a team that might not be relegated – which quite clearly we are based on yesterdays performance.

I doubt whether Vetokele, Kashi and Gudmundson will play another 30 games between them in a Charlton shirt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Essex_Al said:

Scoham said:
    Giving how crap the team was in the first half, I'm not surprised.

Hope you're all right by the way Jordan, I did the same when we lost 5-0 away to West Ham on Boxing Day.
    Ha ha, me too mate, I was in the West Ham end that day!
    Bet that was fun Alan!
    (Happy new year by the way amigo).
  • cafctom said:

Leuth said:

Nicholas said:

1StevieG said:

Well I'm talking about international games. Maybe you'll tell me that you can't tell from TV but for sure there was an edge there that you dont get at Prawn Sandwich Central, and furthermore they kept going even when their team had - yet again - let them down.

I cant blame JBG anyway. What on earth did they sell him in close season?
    The majority of our wage budget I suspect....
  • Dallas, with this lot in charge where the f***k do you think we are heading then? F*****g Champions League!?