Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bristol City v Charlton - Post Match Views

Can't beat a bit of daylight robbery!

Sounds like another poor outing, but could be a vital point.

Look forward to the views of those who travelled.

Comments

• Sounded like more shizer from us but a point is a point. Respect to those that travelled.
  • Terrible performance, how we scored ill never know. No movement, no creativity and morgan fox wouldnt get in a sunday league team he is that bad. Ba only one who had an okay game. Ref was very poor also
  • cabbles said:

Just got back on the coach. Shit performance. Had Bristol City been any other side this post match views thread would be full of bitterness and anger. We're joke of a club with an incompetent prat as an owner!!!!

Echo what @flyingkiwiDK said. Get these tossers out

Normal service will be resumed on Monday.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2015
    Lennon gives away the pen they miss and then scored an equalizer. Not really poetic justice but will take that after what sounded like Custer's last stand. Come up short against a team like Wolves, who are in a poor run, they won't be so merciful and we will get hammered.
  • Sounds like Bristol City did a perfect Charlton Athletic impersonation.

Fraeye out. Belgians out.
  • Smithy said:

Never reacted so little to a last minute equaliser

Likewise. I was more shocked than anything else.

Cheers Roly.
  • There is absolutely no doubt that our travelling fans deserved a point, even if the team didn't.
    I would have been an early start and a long journey from the West Kent area, and an over 500 mile round trip. I bet there are Addicks who travelled further too.
    However this time I an going to watch the Fraeye post match stuff to see what part of the delusional spectrum he occupies today, because from the Bristol City commentary we sounded abject.
    Maybe fans who were there can enlighten us, it certainly sounds as if Lennon was our man of the match, not only for his equaliser.
    All purple kit tho', how can there be an excuse for that kind of look even with a clash of colours?
  • PS.
    Although we got away with it, note to Bristol City, you're supposed to score your penalties so blame yourselves.
  • As much as I hate to say that could be a valuable point stopping Bristol from moving up
    That point could mean us staying up them going down
  • cabbles said:

Just got back on the coach. Shit performance. Had Bristol City been any other side this post match views thread would be full of bitterness and anger. We're joke of a club with an incompetent prat as an owner!!!!

Hello Cabbles, I'm on the coach as well!
  • I have been out at a chimney fire since five to three, just got back to station to clean up and then back home. I didn't even have to try and avoid the score, for once. Fair play to Roly, Kat and Carol you have achieved a great thing in making us abject beyond any of our wildest dreams.
  • Sponsored links:

• Many times in the past it's been us on the receiving end of conceding a late goal against the run of play so I will enjoy the moment. That said the stats say we were dominated by a poor side again and it's hard not to fear for our championship survival. Add to that yet more injury woes and it doesn't look good!! Say what you like about the size of squad but lady luck certainly is against us in the injury dept. always seems to be Key players going down. Even a sizeable squad would suffer losing so many key players
  • cabbles said:

Football friend alert (:
  • edited December 2015
    seth plum said:

There is absolutely no doubt that our travelling fans deserved a point, even if the team didn't.
    I would have been an early start and a long journey from the West Kent area, and an over 500 mile round trip. I bet there are Addicks who travelled further too.
    However this time I an going to watch the Fraeye post match stuff to see what part of the delusional spectrum he occupies today, because from the Bristol City commentary we sounded abject.
    Maybe fans who were there can enlighten us, it certainly sounds as if Lennon was our man of the match, not only for his equaliser.
    All purple kit tho', how can there be an excuse for that kind of look even with a clash of colours?

Even further from East Kent ...

We were shocking, they were very poor. But how they weren't three or four up before we scored God only knows. They had at least three really good chances in addition to the penalty.

Plus points- Ba did OK when he came on, Makienok winning headers in the box gives us something against poor opposition.

Lennon error led to the goal, but he was better than Sarr. Had no idea he had scored from our viewpoint.

• Roland has broken me. I didn't react at all to that equaliser. Yet again I find myself looking at a train ticket (Hull) and wondering how I can palm it off.

Sounded like a horror show.

As for it being a good point, in what context? We go down in April instead of March?

Fraeye out. Roland out. Meire out.

This. Despite following match all game, I didn't cheer, didn't react, just accepted it as a minor unexpected event. All felt a bit hollow.

Please can all those in charge leave the keys under the mat and go quietly. Sadly and shamefully none of you will be missed.
  • Pleased for youngest son and granddaughter ( who apparently went mad when we scored!), otherwise my interest is at a 54 year low.

Monday should be fun.
  • cabbles said:

ha! I've never met a fellow lifer before :smiley: I'm up the back left hand side. One seat from the back row.

• Son was at the game just spoke to him said we deserved to lose 4-0. We were awful.
  • We congered, round the pub, like we cared.then laughed as we all know it's all irrelevant. We are shit and getting relegated with a whimper, with a team, owner and entire club management structure, that has no idea, and does not care. Why the fuck should we !