Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bristol City v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• At last some luck .. of the good variety .. we should have been carried out the ring after an hour or so .. yet again we concede from a corner just before 1/2 time, they miss a (very dubiously awarded) penalty and at least three not just good but golden chances .. the experienced men Diarra and Vaz Te limp off, Cousins does not appear for the second 1/2 , we are pretty clueless .. BUT .. VERY importantly, we did not chuck it in and got a goal at the last gasp . we nicked one here .. the Bristol players almost to a man sunk to their knees when we equalised, they knew they'd blown it ... the Addicks players were ecstatic ..

The team ?.. Sarr came on and did very well, Ba was man of the match bringing some pace, aggression and quick passing to the midfield ..
    Lookman found out what it's all about, he was bullied and bruised by the tough Bristol defenders and got no protection from a poor referee, booked for moaning about it .. Solly is still off the pace .. Fox ? .. well he never gave up .. Lennon .. solid and GOAL .. Jackson, calm composed but a little off the pace, stuck it out well.. Holmes-Dennis. neat and tidy out on the left .. Bigmak .. won a lot in the air and got stuck in .. best game for quite a while .. Reza.. skilful and did OK ..Henderson .. himself as always ..

However, we were second best to a not very good team .. Freeman (ex CAFC Junior) ran the midfield .. we need consistent selection, fewer injuries (yes I know, beyond control) .. you cant expect a new look team every game to gel right away .. I repeat we were poor but stuck it out and got a point for our bravery and persistence .. hoped we'd get a point, I am not TOOOOO disheartened ..
  • A point here won't save Fraye's bacon. They will have lined-up the next Alex Ferguson already and defeat on Monday in front of an angry but small Quid-for-a-Kid crowd will see Fraye become the fifth 'manager' sacked in less than two years. With relegation looking odds-on, the sixth manager of the Duchatelet debacle can look forward to his four or five months in the spotlight before we rebuild for next season. Feels like Groundhog Day doesn't it?
  • edited December 2015

Sarr came on and did very well, Ba was man of the match bringing some pace, aggression and quick passing to the midfield

Were we at the same game?!
  • edited December 2015
    cafctom said:

Sarr came on and did very well, Ba was man of the match bringing some pace, aggression and quick passing to the midfield

Ba was also praised on the commentary.
  • cafctom said:

thing is .. there are none so blind as those that will not see .. your 'remark' is a little sketchy .. that all you have to type ? .. Ba and Sarr did OK .. over to you Blind Tom
    Kind of ironic reply seeing as you've described the penalty as very dubious. Only seen the lowlights but it's clearly a pen.
  • edited December 2015

cafctom said:

thing is .. there are none so blind as those that will not see .. your 'remark' is a little sketchy .. that all you have to type ? .. Ba and Sarr did OK .. over to you Blind Tom
    Did you have your eyes closed when Sarr was dallying with the ball on the edge of our box, in a seemingly unthreatening situation, and their striker nicked it off him and he fell on his arse?

Or the attempted clearance which he completely mishit and it just deflected off his shin. Inside the area.

I know everyone sees the game differently....but Naby Sarr played well!? Sorry Lincs, I can't have that!
  • Scoham said:

cafctom said:

Ba was also praised on the commentary.
    Ba did ok, Sarr was poor, all the defenders were to be fair
  • edited December 2015
    That was a truly awful performance, keep that up and we're in league one next season.
    When I heard the lineup on the way into the ground I thought, flipping heck, that's a bit attacking, this games going to have goals aplenty.

Too say our attacking prowess and intent was pathetic was an overstatement.
    I didn't go to Burnley and witness what went on, but today we got out of jail against a very wasteful side, they could have been 4 or 5 up at half time with a bit more nous in front of goal, & with some inspired saves from Henderson.

Got to be one of the most inept uninspiring performances I've seen from a Charlton side for years, Karel is so off the pace with his bizarre decisions, we are going to get hammered by Wolves if we play like this at the Valley, or any half decent team who are useful in front of goal.

I simply can't identify with this club or team at the moment, they look beaten, the manager is too weak or clueless to get them playing to their max, we didn't deserve a point to be honest.

Apologies to anyone on here around me for shouting my usual missssss at the top of my voice when the penalty was taken.
  • Sponsored links:

• A point here won't save Fraye's bacon. They will have lined-up the next Alex Ferguson already and defeat on Monday in front of an angry but small Quid-for-a-Kid crowd will see Fraye become the fifth 'manager' sacked in less than two years. With relegation looking odds-on, the sixth manager of the Duchatelet debacle can look forward to his four or five months in the spotlight before we rebuild for next season. Feels like Groundhog Day doesn't it?

I suspect his name may be .....Riga.
  • I wasn't there so maybe should shut up, but reports seem to betray a familiar pattern...... Fox incredibly awful, markers not marking, zero creativity and far too easy to play against. We've suffered far more than most over a period going back to 2007. The present incumbents offer nothing and have proven to be incompetent beyond any imagination. Unfortunately, they also look likely to stick around unless subjected to a lot more pressure than is currently being applied......Why can't we (instead of so much talking) organise a mass boycott of impending home matches? This is not a betrayal but would represent a level of discontent they've not witnessed to date. The publicity value is also huge and I would anticipate much support among sports writers and other supporters. It needs a few thousand leaflets, a collective will and I promise I'll walk away from that turnstile against Wolves on Monday.
  • I've heard several posters suggest a mass boycot or some other form of protest to really hit the current regime hard. I know it's easy for me to say given my situation and relative distance from the Valley but I really think this is the only way these buffoons will listen.

Does anyone have any good contacts in the media we can utilize? I think it would really help to get them onside.
  • Just watched the highlights. Amazed we got anything at all. Currently trying to persuade my daughter to come on Monday, not succeeding :-(
  • Got tickets for Monday, even dragging my 10 year old sons friend along.....must be mad!
  • Nug said:

Got tickets for Monday, even dragging my 10 year old sons friend along.....must be mad!

leave orrrffffff .. you LOVE it ((:>) ..
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2015
    Scoham said:
    Giving how crap the team was in the first half, I'm not surprised.

Hope you're all right by the way Jordan, I did the same when we lost 5-0 away to West Ham on Boxing Day.
  • The main consolation about today is that our equaliser deprived Bristol 2 points which could be crucial...
  • Fanny - understand your feelings, the hero has to be The Supporters Trust but do they have the "balls" to organise it?
  • Fanny - understand your feelings, the hero has to be The Supporters Trust but do they have the "balls" to organise it?

They're still prioritising 'dialogue', and have been ever since the Woolwich Town Hall meeting.
  • edited December 2015

So it's now got to the stage where our owners are such tight c*nts that our midfielders are risking their own health to play cos our squad is so thin.

Complete farce.

Seriously, it's Sunday league stuff. 'Dave's turned up pissed but we've only got 10 so stick him up top and just let him win a few flick ons'.

Two bob outfit.

Roland does things his way and the fans have to accept that