Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bristol City v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Scoham said:

Glad you're ok Jordan but, as others say above, that just shows how totally threadbare we are. Playing 4 strikers, because we haven't enough midfielders, because we haven't enough defenders!

An absolute shambles, with no leadership on the pitch (even Jacko can't drag this lot along every bloody week), none on the touch line and absolutely none in the boardroom, whether that's in SE7 or Belgium!
  • Scoham said:

cafctom said:

Sarr came on and did very well, Ba was man of the match bringing some pace, aggression and quick passing to the midfield

Were we at the same game?!
    Ba was also praised on the commentary.
    Ba did ok, Sarr was poor, all the defenders were to be fair

Definitely not the first time, and almost certainly won't be the last, that we hear those 3 words!
  • That was a truly awful performance, keep that up and we're in league one next season.
    When I heard the lineup on the way into the ground I thought, flipping heck, that's a bit attacking, this games going to have goals aplenty.

Too say our attacking prowess and intent was pathetic was an overstatement.
    I didn't go to Burnley and witness what went on, but today we got out of jail against a very wasteful side, they could have been 4 or 5 up at half time with a bit more nous in front of goal, & with some inspired saves from Henderson.

Got to be one of the most inept uninspiring performances I've seen from a Charlton side for years, Karel is so off the pace with his bizarre decisions, we are going to get hammered by Wolves if we play like this at the Valley, or any half decent team who are useful in front of goal.

I simply can't identify with this club or team at the moment, they look beaten, the manager is too weak or clueless to get them playing to their max, we didn't deserve a point to be honest.

I wasn't there today although we had tickets and it's now 2 away games on the trot without the Fanackapans.

As I posted on the Match Thread, I haven't been feeling great for over a week now and after a low key Christmas Day yesterday with the family, made the decision to have a pj one here on our own and forego the trip West.

Maybe I've been deluding myself in saying I'll be ever present at matches but I truly felt that was the case.

But if I'm really honest, there was a part of me today that felt relieved at missing out - and it hurts to admit that.

When I read MIA's comments just now, I could identify with the way he feels....To watch the team going through the motions - to witness players like JJ giving their all to no avail - saddens me more than I can say.

And to know , clearly now, that little, if anything will change in the owner's deranged vision for our Club, the bleakest of pictures is conjured up. And hope is just a meaningless word.

My 2015 has been one of ups & downs ...in fact Henry's bumpy ride in a nutshell. And of course, it's been worse for many Addicks. But in the past, the difficult times have been pushed aside every Saturday between August & May , at least for a couple of hours or more. However, of late, those Saturdays have been the DIFFICULT times & the lure of The Valley or a distant away ground has started to lose its attraction and become more of a chore than a pleasure.

When I lost my Mum back in September, I knew it was her time & mourning her loss was countered by the thoughts of " a better place". But feeling "down" & emotional last night, I shed a few belated tears as the first Christmas Day without her ended.

This afternoon, in a similar manner, I shed more tears but this time for the loss of our Football Club as we knew & loved it and the emptiness I experienced yesterday widened.

IF boycotting home games is one of the most significant ways we can demonstrate to the current regime that we won't stand by to watch our Club die without a fight, then I've now made the decision to join the thousands who are already voting with their feet. But there would have to be a significant number of absentees at a specific game - enough as others have stated to make the media sit up and take notice. This is a huge step for me but one I am determined to take if it will make a difference.

Apologies for repeating myself ( and that's one of my current health issues !) but we HAVE to fight for our Club before it's too late and if that means making sacrifices, so be it.

But we need a Leader...someone with the time, energy, determination & ability to bring such course of actions together, away from the prying eyes of those who report back to KM. Alas, it's not enough for individuals to make their own protest - it needs to be orchestrated on a larger scale as Lifers have suggested before ....Today was the breaking point for me for various reasons and I believe the performance this afternoon under the ineptitude of KF was the last straw for others too. The time is ripe for action.

We're calling out for a hero.....

Is there anybody there ?
    sorry to hear that you're under the weather Fanny .. today was a game where we were awful and lacking everything .. EXCEPT ... bottle .. we got a point away from home .. to read the 'fans' comments on here you'd think that we'd got stuffed 25-0 .. cliché time .. 'look at the scoreboard' ..
    Wolves on Monday, I won't be there, I think we're gonna win it ..
    I hope you're feeling more like yourself soon .... I know when my mum died, I was cheesed off and morbid for ages .. you'll get over it .. all the best to you and yours in 2016
  • Nothing changes, lucky point thanks move on
  • This is the first game for many many years that I haven't either gone to or followed live on the match thread. I'm in the Virgin Islands for Christmas/New Year and there was no way I was going to let the Charlton train wreck spoil my beach time. And, I have never felt like that before. I've been to some pretty exotic places over the years but I have always made sure to follow the game live. Not today though. I just didn't want to. No "protest statement". No "matter of principle". No "cutting my nose to spite my face". Whatever you want to call it. I just didn't want to. Full stop.

I did eventually read the match thread from start to finish to find out the result and I'm pleased to say that I feel justified in my decision. It sounds like we were absolutely dire which is nothing less than I was expecting. The only surprise was us getting the equalizer near the end but even then I expected us to concede again as there was still 2 minutes left.

RD and KM - you two should be ashamed of yourselves. Either get professional and responsible, stop being incompetent, start doing a competent job, or piss off back under the rock that you've crawled out from and leave us to pick up the pieces. That is preferable to what you two are doing to our club at the moment.

• I'd love to compare this post match thread to the one when we beat them 2-0 a few years back.

Great away day that one, a real sense of connection with the side.

Ah dear.
  • edited December 2015

I'd love to compare this post match thread to the one when we beat them 2-0 a few years back.

Great away day that one, a real sense of connection with the side.

Ah dear.

And the Manager! Here you go mate, five pages worth, happy reading :wink:
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/51564/bristol-city-v-charlton-post-match-news-and-views-2012
  • I know JBG has been poor for months and may even be injured, but can't help but think his exclusion today was because he will join Watt in leaving in January. These idiots will use the fees for them and maybe others to pay for a few new cheap gambles.
  • JBG is too lightweight and not up for the fight. His last game for us was shocking. Won't shed a tear if we sold him.
  • Sponsored links:

• 1StevieG said:

JBG is too lightweight and not up for the fight. His last game for us was shocking. Won't shed a tear if we sold him.

He may not be great, but he gives us a bit of creativity. The difficulty is who would replace him?
  • Daggs said:

1StevieG said:

JBG is too lightweight and not up for the fight. His last game for us was shocking. Won't shed a tear if we sold him.

He may not be great, but he gives us a bit of creativity. The difficulty is who would replace him?
    I think he's assisted alot less than people think. I can remember one assist for sm
  • This season
  • I'm totally wrong he's assisted 6

Still not on the Bradley Prichard level of assists though
  • you can't write this shit. Player's now fainting in the dressing room. Criminal that our 'academy model' that KM keeps banging on about is so over exploited that we now have products of said academy at the point of suffering burnout and serious injury.

Fuck off Roland (these 3 words are the words I take into 2016 in my heart)
  • A point here won't save Fraye's bacon. They will have lined-up the next Alex Ferguson already and defeat on Monday in front of an angry but small Quid-for-a-Kid crowd will see Fraye become the fifth 'manager' sacked in less than two years. With relegation looking odds-on, the sixth manager of the Duchatelet debacle can look forward to his four or five months in the spotlight before we rebuild for next season. Feels like Groundhog Day doesn't it?

I am under the age of 40 and have two kids plus 2 young nephews. I must be the perfect person for KM and her drive for a younger audience. I hadn't even noticed that it was kids for a quid until this post. I have always take my older nephew along to these games and would be sorely tempted to take my oldest boy now, but won't be doing either.

• Nicholas said:

We need to give Freye Meire and Roland loads of stick on Monday for full 90minutes. We really need to crank the pressure up before it's too late. These scum bags are on the brink of killing our club. We can't just sit there anymore and take it.

This is exactly right. Although, all I can think of in relation to where I sit is walk in front of the director's seating area with one of the black and white leaflets saying Roland Out and just hold it up standing there in front of KM. I'm very close, the row before the area so it won't be hard for me to do it.

I'm not into even engaging her or shouting etc, I will just try and make a point of it
  • Sponsored links:

• Nicholas said:

We need to give Freye Meire and Roland loads of stick on Monday for full 90minutes. We really need to crank the pressure up before it's too late. These scum bags are on the brink of killing our club. We can't just sit there anymore and take it.

We need to support the team for 90 minutes ffs
  • The teams around us results didn't help , the only shining light in our footballing lives is the scum being such turd

35% Championship footy next season 65% League One

100% Roland Out
  • At the beginning of the season Watt and JBG were probably our biggest saleable assets, although you may argue that Cousins could be included as well.

I was surprised when JBG signed a new contract, he probably could have engineered a move in the Summer. However he was given a few guarantees that made him sign up and they have not born fruit, so he looks demotivated and listless. The whole squad, other than the exuberant youngsters, look shell shocked. How can this great business model work if it seemingly devalues it's assets?

• cfgs said:

At the beginning of the season Watt and JBG were probably our biggest saleable assets, although you may argue that Cousins could be included as well.

I was surprised when JBG signed a new contract, he probably could have engineered a move in the Summer. However he was given a few guarantees that made him sign up and they have not born fruit, so he looks demotivated and listless. The whole squad, other than the exuberant youngsters, look shell shocked. How can this great business model work if it seemingly devalues it's assets?

We can all see it doesn't work. It needs adapting! I suspect that RD isn't the same man who made his fortune though. He is likely to fiddle as Charlton burns with his incompetent CEO by his side, losing even more established fans, searching for shinier better replacements, who won't come without success!

• Seriously, it's Sunday league stuff. 'Dave's turned up pissed but we've only got 10 so stick him up top and just let him win a few flick ons'.

Is there any chance the club can borrow Dave