Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bristol City v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• edited December 2015
    dallas said:

all you people keeping moaning about the manager and the owner, you lot that write on here have short memories because when Slater and Jimenez owned the club we would now be playing in the conference.

Have an LOL for that one.

If the current nonsense continues we will be heading that way anyway.
  • City fans seem to want Cotterill out. Oh how'd we love him at The Valley in our current position.

But seriously, he tore up L1 last season with them. Why would they want him out?!
  • We were absolutely awful. So powderpuff up front and our defending was clown like at times - particularly Sarr and Fox.

Bristols shooting practice in front of our fans before the game was a sign of things to come. They really cannot finish.

I've stopped short of condemning our fate so far - but after today I genuinely think we will go down.
  • I just want a half decent manager with a bit of championship experience someone I can relate to and get behind
    Surely that's not much to ask is it
  • Nice finish for the equaliser.
  • edited December 2015
    Just showed the highights on Sky sports. Makienok heads on to Reza who can't get his shot off and the ball gets poked out by Brizzle back to Lookman on edge of the area and his shot cannons off a defenders knee into the path of Lennon and from 8 yards out slams in the volley. Bristol City had a chance when a deflected shot goes to Kodjia directly in front of goal and sends his header way over the bar but on closer inspection Lennon nudges him in the back as he goes for the header. Looks like Jacko ( No 4 ) loses his man for their goal.
  • 1StevieG said:

Just showed the highights on Sky sports. Makienok heads on to Reza who can't get his shot off and the ball bounces back to Lookman on edge of the area and his shot cannons off a defenders knee into the path of Lennon and from 8 yards out slams in the volley right place to volley. Bristol City had a chance when a deflected shot goes to Kodjia with a header directly in front of goal and sends it way over the bar but on closer inspection Lennon nudges him in the back as he goes for the header. Looks like Jacko ( No 4 ) loses his man for their goal.

Looks like Henderson is in a bit of no-mans land for their goal.
  • Sponsored links:

• We need Fraeye out, this point will surely prolong his stay, therefore this is a disappointing result for me. I've never been so underwhelmed by a Charlton goal.

I hate myself for saying so but this is how I feel too.
  • edited December 2015
    It is not logical to treat this fortunate draw as anything but a disapointing defeat in relation to the manager's future. Something it should have been had Bristol City been even a quarter decent. Hang on, when does logic ever play a part in the owner's decisions?
  • We need Fraeye out, this point will surely prolong his stay, therefore this is a disappointing result for me. I've never been so underwhelmed by a Charlton goal.

I hate myself for saying so but this is how I feel too.
    If felt the same.

I suppose we have to be pleased with the point no matter how despondent we are feeling.

If we don't believe that the players coming in in January dont make us more competitive and give us a shout of staying up then we might as well just pack it in.

• It is fixable in January, but with our owner the odds are he will make a mess of the window.
  • Just home from the game. Terrible performance, possibly the worst I've seen this season. City battered us for most of the game but their finishing was atrocious. Deserved nothing from the game but I'll take the point, we've been on the other end of those types of matches before.

I haven't seen what Fraeye thought of the game yet so that will be an interesting read, but the guy needs to be gone. Defence all over the place as usual, barely created a chance for the first 30 minutes and overall we looked like a pub team. I think the players have given up already. Such a sorry state of affairs.
  • dallas said:

all you people keeping moaning about the manager and the owner, you lot that write on here have short memories because when Slater and Jimenez owned the club we would now be playing in the conference.

When they were in charge we finished 9th in the Championship.
    With RD in charge we have gone backwards.
  • Guilty feeling as I felt almost disappointed that we scored and in so doing probably prolonged Fraeye's tenure. How has it come to this .... only recently I'd have been yelling when we scored.
  • Sponsored links:

• Message from my mate who supports Bristol City and who has a soft spot for Charlton:

I'll be honest mate, really didn't look good. City should have been out of sight with the chances they had and we weren't great either.
  • Strewth how many chances did they have. Plan B seems to be stick the defender up ala Bikey and see what happens.
  • Just watched the 'highlights'. It could have been a rout and probably should have been before we nicked the point at the end. Hardly anything to boost optimism for the next few games, although clearly Fraeye will bang on about good it all was ("never gave up, battled, deserved at least a point etc etc")
  • edited December 2015
    To be fair, after Cash took his cheque book and went home, Mick and Tone were taking the club in one direction only, despite what Powell and co managed to do in that first Championship season. We're in a better position right now than we would have been if Mick and Tone were still running the show, but it's been 1 step forwards two steps back under Roland and we're currently back heading in exactly the same direction as the second hand car salesmen were taking us.

Fits in with the theme of the day of just delaying the inevitable.
  • Very pleased to have got out of jail and showed a bit a spirit. We desperately needed to stop the rot. Now we need to follow up with a win on Monday. All is not lost, a couple of wins will drag us out of the relegation zone.
  • dallas said:

Welcome CAFC Comms team. Nice of you to join the forum!
    A.K.A Colin.
  • edited December 2015
    Soapy's match day experience:

1. Checked BBC for half times, quickly saw 1-0 90 +6
    2. Stuck a crap comment at the end of the match thread along the lines of "crappy New Year..." ho ho ho!
    3. Didn't even realise we had equalised till half an hour ago!!!

Has my devotion to this magnificent football club come to this?

Sad sad times