Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January rumours ( the big damp squib)

Comments

• I have no problem with Vaz Te leaving, as the club announced when he joined his last (and only) championship season he scored more than 20 goals.

For us though while he has been played out of position a lot of the time, he has looked slow, uncommitted and maybe is never going to fit into the team.

I might not have been so positive before today's performance but if Igor is coming back into form, Reza (I like him despite his inconsistency) and Makate available and fit, can't see me playing Vaz Te as a number 10.

If we do send him off though, we need another striker for cover or we could end up in deeper shite if we get an injury or loss of form. One of these is more or less inevitable, so we need another striker.
  • Pushing it a bit to see that tweet as meaning Charlton. Hope it's true but I think probably not.
  • At his best he could be but made of glass unfortunately
  • Peter_G said:

Bournemouth close to re-signing Rhoys Wiggins from Sheffield Wed. Fee agreed apparently.
    Makes you wonder doesn't it, if Eddie Howe considers him good enough for the Prem?

Without doubt the worst signing of the season if they do it. Hasn't been good enough for the championship for 2 years. Bournemouth fans absolutely hate him as well.
  • Rhodes going to Middlesbrough and Dembele going to Spurs... Weve a huge chance to drag Blackburn and Fulham into trouble now
  • Rhodes going to Middlesbrough and Dembele going to Spurs... Weve a huge chance to drag Blackburn and Fulham into trouble now

I expect Spurs to loan Dembele back to Fulham, it's what they did last January with Alli. McCormack is the more interesting one!

• Not in a million years is he a premiership footballer, and he's hated on the south coast right now, imagine the jeers he'll get as Sanchez skins him for the 15th time against Arsenal
  • Sponsored links:

I expect Spurs to loan Dembele back to Fulham, it's what they did last January with Alli. McCormack is the more interesting one!

I read the other day that they dont intend to loan Dembele back, dont know if that is the case or whether its changed
  • Very strange signing for Bournemouth, although with Mings injured they have no backup if Daniels gets injured as well.

Dembele is expected to be loaned back according to Sky Sports.
  • Peter_G said:

Bournemouth close to re-signing Rhoys Wiggins from Sheffield Wed. Fee agreed apparently.
    Makes you wonder doesn't it, if Eddie Howe considers him good enough for the Prem?

Hope he goes back there and does well. He is a classy player and I don't buy the past his best stuff. Still young, still quick. Just needs the right manager to show some faith and play him the right way which Howe will do.
  • Seems Bauer isn't far away so I wonder how Kashi (remember him?) is doing? Also I think with our new proper shape, Ba could be decent. Moves the ball forwards, at decent pace and given options to pass might add to our mf. Like to see a Poyet/JC combo again also, but see why JR is picking contracted players given he has another year. Wonder who his "right recruitment" comments were aimed at, given that most discards are still young.
  • Last report I heard about Kashi, he'll be ready for pre-season.
  • Anyone know when Diarra will be back? If he's also back soon then that would explain why Riga may have pulled the plug on the Reece Oxford move. Plays in exactly the same positions.

Im hoping for atleast 2 in before the deadline 'slams shut'. A winger and striker would be what I would go for if Diarra and Bauer are close to a return to strengthen us up defensively.
  • Sponsored links:

• Johann's chosen an awkward time to hit form then
  • edited January 2016
    We need more wingers even if Johann has had 1 good game. Who would play RM if he was out injured for a couple of months? We'd be screwed with the lack of width we have in the squad. He needs more competition and someone we can bring on when he's not having a good game. A winger who can play on both flanks would be ideal....in case him or Bergdich lose form. We need more and better quality than just Harriott as back up.
  • Be great if we can sign Serge Gnabry... Be even better if we can do to him what we did to Coquelin as it'll create so much trust between us and Wenger in the future.

We've got Bergdich / Harriott on the Left yet on the Right we've only got Gudmundsson... Bringing Gnabry in wouldnt just provide backup on the Right of Midfield but would also allow Gudmundsson to either play in the middle of Midfield with Cousins (and thus resting Jackson) or he could play in the hole behind the Striker (for when we need to play a bit more of a defensive away match i.e. Ipswich)
  • Howe turned Francis into a footballer so why not Wiggo ?
  • Would love to sign Gnabry. Not getting hopes up yet as that article is just someone speculating based on wenger saying they want to do something like what they did with coquelin.
  • Thought I saw on skysports Gnabry is going to Brighton? Hopefully with how the coquelin loan turned out he will come here but if its the players choice I can't see him choosing us over Brighton. Not played much in 2 seasons though so how fit will he be..
  • Middlesbrough pulled out of signing Rhodes
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!