Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Do any lifers support/like a team from another country or league?

Comments

• Celtic. Goes back to seeing the Lions of Lisbon on the telly in '66.
  • Partick Thistle
    Gravesend & Northfleet (None of that Ebbsfleet nonsense)
    St.Pauli
  • Welling Utd being the local non league team for me, I sometimes even get to the odd game a season when there's no clash with a Charlton game.

Going out to Spain to watch Barcelona v Valencia next month. Always had a soft spot for Barcelona ever since visiting The Nou Camp shortly after the 1992 olympics.

Also going to be watching Orlando City vs Montreal Impact later this year in the MLS whilst on holiday. Not been there before but will be interesting to see how a matchday in America compares to over here.
  • Gosport Borough

Scum. I on occasion go to watch Fareham Town
  • Oakster said:

Ashford Utd (nee Town!).
    Vancouver Canucks!! Coz I love NHL, I love Vancouver and my brother lives (relatively) close to this fine city. Bloody late nights on Premier Sports do me in though!!

was in Vancouver yesterday - non-stop drenching rain :(

But found out one of our suppliers has a box at Vancouver Whitecaps - so that's me sorted for a few games next season !!
    I wish I had a job that took me to Vancouver, fantastic place.
  • Danepak said:

Odense Boldklub – Born and bred in Denmark
    Wellington Phoenix – Started following them, when I lived in NZ back in 2007 – went to their first game and I always go and see them, when they’re in Melbourne
    Denmark

Played for Herning Fremad in the early 80s.

• Hamburg SV
    Altona 1893
    Dulwich Hamlet (will buy a season ticket here next season)
  • Partick Thistle
    Gravesend & Northfleet (None of that Ebbsfleet nonsense)
    St.Pauli

Decent night out in St. Pauli eh Floyd!! ;-)
  • cafc1263 said:

Danepak said:

Odense Boldklub – Born and bred in Denmark
    Wellington Phoenix – Started following them, when I lived in NZ back in 2007 – went to their first game and I always go and see them, when they’re in Melbourne
    Denmark

Played for Herning Fremad in the early 80s.

Didn't realise that he became a football coach after his role as Secretary-General of the UN.
  • Celtic! Just to annoy all you Rangers fans!
  • Sponsored links:

• Die Schwarzgelben - Borussia Dortmund
  • FC København
  • I don’t support another team as such, but noticed the other day that Real Sporting Gijon were founded on 1st June 1905 just 8 days before Charlton. They have a similar sized stadium, play in (mostly) red and white, whilst main rivals (Oviedo) play in blue and white.

They tend to fluctuate between the divisions like us, they are currently fighting relegation, there’s a river nearby and flats at one end of the stadium - they could be our doppelganger club, spooky eh?

RSG.jpg 107.1K
  • I am a shareholder in Real Oviedo, they petitioned a few years ago for people to buy shares for the club to survive and thousands did, including Real Madrid and Carlos Slim, they also done it again last year and I bought 3 shares, so I am always hoping for them to do well, they're currently in their first season in Liga Adalente in years!
  • Fiorentina.

Forza Viola!!!!
  • I've watched Welling a few times....and I've always had a soft spot for poor old AstonVilla....they were one of my first subbuteo teams...
  • Ross County
  • AIK Stockholm season ticket holder its an excuse for a beer

I studied in Sweden for a few months back in 2007, and could see the 'Ah-Ee-Kor' stadium from my window, meaning that I have the mildest of soft spots for them.

I also like Lazio. NO idea why, they don't seem like the most pleasant club. But I would always play as them on Fifa2002, and I still look out for their results now.
  • Sponsored links:

I studied in Sweden for a few months back in 2007, and could see the 'Ah-Ee-Kor' stadium from my window, meaning that I have the mildest of soft spots for them.

I also like Lazio. NO idea why, they don't seem like the most pleasant club. But I would always play as them on Fifa2002, and I still look out for their results now.
    I saw Lazio play AC Milan in 90 (just after the WC) Their fans are mental.
  • Finn Harps - We've just been promoted to the Premier League (in Ireland) and have an opening day derby at home to Derry City tomorrow night. C'mon the Harps!!
  • I don’t support another team as such, but noticed the other day that Real Sporting Gijon were founded on 1st June 1905 just 8 days before Charlton. They have a similar sized stadium, play in (mostly) red and white, whilst main rivals (Oviedo) play in blue and white.

They tend to fluctuate between the divisions like us, they are currently fighting relegation, there’s a river nearby and flats at one end of the stadium - they could be our doppelganger club, spooky eh?

is their away support shit ?
  • Celtic

Kom igen Elfsborg.

Hur mycket kosta et sasong billjet?
  • Valencia
    San Jose Earthquakes
    St Albans City
  • Chelmsford City. Supported them long before they were actually a city
  • You cant support two teams. Its wrong imo.
  • Boca Juniors.

Always liked Newcastle ever since our 0-0 draw in PL.
  • Auckland City, my wife and I lived out there when Auckland City were formed in 2001. We attended all their home games and saw some away games and saw them win the inaugural New Zealand championship. They have since gone strength to strength winning numerous titles and taking part in the FIFA World Club Cup reaching the last four, two years ago. Not bad for a team that is only 15 years old this coming October.

Also have a soft spot for the first team I was able to watch regularly when I was at school.....Welling United. Probably as frustrating team as Charlton can be. Currently looking like they will be relegated again this year. Was great to see titles won at Park View road back in the 80's (Nigel Ransom-legend) and seeing them lift the title a few years back.