Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Do any lifers support/like a team from another country or league?

Well I may have to get my coat after this question but I'm asking because I've liked Hearts from Scotland since probably 2001 but they would never replace CAFC in my heart(no pun intended)

Over to you lifers

Comments

• Dundee United for me - but they are my first club, never quite get the same feelings for Charlton as i do for DUFC. really strange since i watch Charlton week in week out.
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

Dundee United for me - but they are my first club, never quite get the same feelings for Charlton as i do for DUFC. really strange since i watch Charlton week in week out.

I used to like Dundee United in my teens im sure Kevin Gallagher was playing for them at the time
  • Celtic, because the irish half of my family all support them. Got Celtic stuff for birthdays/xmas from them since I was a kid....
  • I support Rangers (the Glasgow flavour, not those hoops from west London)
  • Welling Utd
  • FC middtyland - Their badge looks like a cross of ours and Wolves
  • Cowdenbeath for me... Always keep an eye on them because when I was really little (about 7-years old when you have the pathetic sense of humour) I saw their result come up on Final Score and it sounded like Cow Breath

Internationally wise I always like to see how American Samoa are getting on
  • Queen of the South, wifes lot live nearby, the chant of, 'we are Queens' still makes me chuckle.
  • Sponsored links:

• In no particular order:

Margate

Berwick Rangers
  • Rangers
    FC Union Berlin
    Welling

Always liked Sampdoria in Italy cos of Platt when I was a kid, don't follow Italian football anymore. Went to watch Atletico Nacional in Colombia so quite like them too.
  • edited December 2015
    Greenwich Borough

Hibs because of Irvine Welsh books

Whoever is playing Millwall and Palace.

Only support Charlton though and couldn't support another club unfortunately.
  • Cowdenbeath for me... Always keep an eye on them because when I was really little (about 7-years old when you have the pathetic sense of humour) I saw their result come up on Final Score and it sounded like Cow Breath

Internationally wise I always like to see how American Samoa are getting on

Non-League wise I follow a few teams...

Welling United ... As they're based 10-mins from when I used to live at home, was the first game of Football I went to see as well (3-3 draw with Stalybridge Celtic many years ago as a free ticket from school).

Hailsham Town ... Based in the Southern Combination League (What was the Sussex County League), my Nan lives there yet have never seen them play, they played Gravesham Borough (Kent Invicta League) in the FA Vase a few weeks ago, had it gone to replay the match would have been played just up the road from me.

Rochester United ... Basically they play just up the road from me now (Same league as Erith and Belvedere) and drive by their ground on the way to work, yet to see them play but will get along there eventually
  • Real Madrid
  • Portland Timbers
  • Portland Timbers

Same here - first went in 2007 - try to get down there once a season - about a . Never miss a match on TV. Now know their players better than I do ours. It's good for my son to have a team over here to support as well. Charlton will always be number one though even though he asked me 'why do we bother" after Saturday's defeat!
  • Hibs as my first football shirt as a 10 year old was green with white sleeves.
    Never been there though .
  • Sponsored links:

• I've always had a strong affinity for this club in Norwood.

They bring live animals to fly across the pitch pre-game. They rather generously tell the fans the goalscorer twice (sometimes aided by the shouting of caring fans) for those who are hard of hearing. They play goal music so that the kids can listen to their favourite choons when there is a goal (this lasts for about 3 minutes per goal). They also have this bloke in a fancy dress costume in the managerial dugout - he's dressed like a silver fox and the players all get a right laugh out of him.

It's a beautiful club but I forget the name

• Malmo FF, Bray Wanderers & Esbjerg. I've got family & friends in Denmark and Sweden hence why I have a soft spot for them, and Bray in Dublin.......actually I wont go there, but I follow their progress.
  • Feyenoord. Proper football club.
  • My daughter is married to a Spaniard and they live in Barcelona; he has been a season ticket holder at Camp Nou for twenty years and I plan my visits to ensure they are playing at home. Nothing better than watching Barcelona play Man City in the Champions League from a box in the Camp Nou in front of 90,000.
  • Leyton orient as ive got some mates who follow them and Welling united as my local non league club

Abroad I cant see past Rangers and Ajax
  • Merthyr Town FC
    I used to live 5 mins walk away from their ground.
  • the proper club from Dundee, not United, making my first visit to Dens Park in Feb
  • I don't support another team. But I look out for the results of a few clubs that I've seen over the years.

Lechia Gdansk
    Bray Wanderers
    St Johnstone

Also a few non-league teams who I look out for.

Welling Utd
    Billingham Synthonia
    East Cowes Victoria & Newport IOW (seen both when on hols on the Isle of Wight)

I've never seen Orlando City play, but have flown through the stadium in a helicopter and own a rather nice adidas track top which they were wearing this season so will probably follow them in next seasons MLS.
  • Pretty much Welling Utd and have always had a soft spot for Charlton because AFKA used to drag me along here and there.
    cafctom said:

Feyenoord. Proper football club.

Not sure many Spurs supporters would agree with you, given the history between the two clubs.
  • SV Hamburg - worked there for 6 months and went to a fair few games.

River Plate - wife is Argentinian. Been to see them play a couple of times on visits.