Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Do any lifers support/like a team from another country or league?

Comments

• Welling. Been to far more of their games than ours in the last 3-4 years.
  • edited December 2015
    Valencia CF - Currently living in Valencia and am only 5 minutes from the Mestalla. It's great that they're in the Champions League, on a match day the city centre is packed with foreigners having a party. The Ghent fans were really good.
  • edited December 2015

Leyton orient as ive got some mates who follow them and Welling united as my local non league club

Abroad I cant see past Rangers and Ajax

Not much up that way anyway so your not missing anything

Just miserable blokes with beards and skirts
  • PSV Eindhoven, lived nearby for 15 years and went regularly.
  • EA Guingamp in Ligue 1- have a place near there and go to see them if they're playing when I'm over. They followed CAFCs fortunes for a while in being relegated from the top division down to the third then back up. Hopefully one day before I shuffle off, CAFC will follow what they have done and end up back in the top flight, winning the (French equivalent of) FA cup and getting into Europe. Can't see it though.
  • Kerala Blasters - They're my Indian team, and they're even more rubbish than Charlton.
  • Kerala Blasters - They're my Indian team, and they're even more rubbish than Charlton.

Know where next manager is coming from then
  • Club Athletico Douglas Haig, national league B in Argentina, they were formed on 11 November 1918 by British serviceman.

• Deportivo de la Coruña in Spain. I used to travel to see them playing away about once a season, and I still try and go when they play Espanyol in Barcelona.
    Dartford in uk non-league, and used to follow them home and away back in the mid eighties ( couple of good nights and a few bad ones at Park View :-) )
    Look out for St Mirren in Scotland and RKC Waalwijk in Holland, but Charlton, the Darts and Super Depor are the biggies.
  • Plymouth Argle. Always had a soft spot for them largely because of their fans. Considering there location and a complete lack of success, that have some of the largest traveling support in the lower leagues. They are proper fans.
  • Sponsored links:

• Barcelona. And I'll tell you why.

When you live in NW London and support Charlton, then apart from the wonderful Curbs years, you tend to get, how shall we put this, mocked a little. Worse culprits are all the Moan Utd and Liverpool fans from Surrey (who have never seen their team play live) and the Chelsea/Arsenal glory boys.

It's really easy to ram their insults back down their throats by taking the pi8s out of them when Barcelona (usually) thrash them in the European tournaments. Had some wonderful times recently after Barcelona have played Moan Utd off the pitch, particularly when they clashed in the European Cup Final at Wembley.

Oh, and Barcelona do play fantastic football.
  • Aberdeen - I had no idea why I had followed them since I was a child

Berwick - always liked them because they have always been rubbish and I love
  • Dartford as that's where I'm from and that is where I first started watching football there with my dad and also Northampton town thanks to football manager been following them for about 10 years thanks to that game.

Know where next manager is coming from then
    Well Peter Taylor got sacked by then this season, and David James was their manager last season.
  • Troyes in France, promoted to Ligue 1 last season unfortunately the step up is proving to much for them (they are well adrift at the bottom).
  • edited December 2015
    Wellington Phoenix (A League)
    Fremad Amager (Danish Div 2 East)
    Sittingbourne FC (Ryman South)

I wouldn't say I support any of them but I follow their results for various reasons.

I only support the Addicks.

COYR
  • edited December 2015
    Viktoria Plzen. I even created an ongoing thread about them. And people seem to read it!

They will never replace Charlton, just as I will never become Czech, but the Euro night when they beat Napoli - not so much the game, played in minus 8 degrees, but the epic scenes in the pub afterwards, is one of my best footie memories, ever.
  • Sponsored links:

• The Queens 11 (Rangers)
  • Fleet Badgers
  • Leyton Orient, Bromley and Fareham Town. Plus a few foreign teams I have seen play on holidays, Barca, Bayern, Modena.
  • I follow Bromley a lot more thanks to Louis Mendez's ceaseless tweets :wink:
  • Maidstone
    Rangers

Look out for Port Vale and Rochdale due to mates met following England.

Had a soft spot for Man City for years, most notebly due to my hated of their neighbours and their loyal support.

• St Louis Cardinals

Torino

Bromley

Celtic

And tonight Burton Albi on

Also have a soft spot for Aston Villa because I like their history.
  • Glasgow rangers my uncle from Northern Ireland got me supporting them from a young age
  • The mighty Elfsborg, the best team in Sweden.
  • I have a season ticket for fourth division Madrid team Puerta Bonita. It's pretty awful but gets me my fix of live football and I have learnt a lot of useful Spanish swear words.
  • Patrick. Being born in Glasgow and not a religious bigot, they are the smart choice.
    Juve. Half Italian, they were my dad's team.