Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Do any lifers support/like a team from another country or league?

Comments

• Gills as my mate plays for them.

Bromley.
  • Hamilton Academicals....I know right, you'd at least think I could get one team that wasn't a pile of steaming turd
  • Malmo FF as wife and many of her friends and family are fans. Brother-in-law is head of security which results in getting into games free :smile:

The team I watched as a kid was Hallam F.C who play in Northern Counties East League Division 1, at the worlds oldest ground at Sandygate in Sheffield. Used to be a season ticket holder which also made you a vice-president at same time.
    https://www.hallamfc.co.uk/history.php
  • God no. I get enough depression from Charlton. I don't need another club to try and add to it.
  • FSV Mainz 05
    Hearts
    Welling United
    Brighton- My wife and 2 young sons are season ticket holders so I have to show some interest. As you can probably guess, I am really looking forward to getting a right tonking from them this Saturday.
  • Melbourne Victory.... Although it's weird to support a team that constantly puts teams to the sword...
  • Partick Thistle. Family are Glaswegians and a mix of Celtic (mostly) and Rangers but aren't the bigotted twats. I can't be arsed with all the nonsense surrounding them so I go to Jags games when I'm up there. Also being a proper Charlton fan it doesn't seem right to support another team that is big and succesful!

Plus they have a great song.......
    Hello, Hello how do you do,
    We hate the ba****ds in Royal Blue,
    We hate the ba****ds in Emerald green,
    So F*** the Pope and F*** the queen.

They're kit is horrid though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hartlepool
    Rangers
  • I've never supported any other club since I became a Charlton fan. Nowadays there's Premier League live coverage every week here in China and I watch the early kick-off games on most Saturday evenings. I liked watching Everton play since Martinez took over but an incident happened this year and it made me realise that I probably should never have bothererd:

There's a huge Chinese message board and almost every club has its own section on there. A few months ago I posted something like 'you have a very good manager in Martinez and you should stick with him' in a thread about their manager on Everton's section and had a bit of discussion with a few posters there. I didn't know at the time I literally instantly became the target of one of the moderators of that Everton section. In the following few months I got followed and harassed by that crazy person for countless times - I was a regular visitor to the Charlton section on that message board and whenever I logged on I would see personal abuse directed at me on the Everton section from him. I'd never been personally attacked by anyone else all my life and I simply couldn't bear it. The freak even had the cheek to come on the Charlton section and post. So I finally made the decision to never go on that message board again, erase everything Everton from my memory and focus entirely on Charlton.

Can you imagine a poster like JohnBoyUK being harassed on here and got forced out? Even the Wednesday fan was met with nothing more than some light-hearted jokes. Well, it was certainly a lesson learned for me - be careful when you post anything on the internet. Not every site/forum is a fun place to be like Charlton Life. You just never know what kind of people will see your words. Sometimes it could get dangerous.

(Sorry this has nothing much to do with the original topic. Just thought I'd share it with you. )

Expect to start seeing a bit more of Man City, Jess
  • Lakeside Hammers
  • Leicester (parents home town, dad supports them)
    Newport (where my girlfriend is from and we play as them on football manager)
    Whitehawk (Football Manager)
    Welling (Football Manager)
  • FSV Mainz 05

What's the story behind that one?

I recently acquired a client whose two top guys are season ticket holders. I'm hoping that if I deliver the project successfully, they're going to invite me to a game. Funny enough, another client and good mate, who may be interested in their business, is a Frankfurt fan. (big local derby, for those that don't know). He was going to take me to the away game at Mainz when I visited but it was an absolute sell-out and we had to watch it in a Frankfurt cider pub. It was a 0-0 of the most dire type.
  • I've never supported any other club since I became a Charlton fan. Nowadays there's Premier League live coverage every week here in China and I watch the early kick-off games on most Saturday evenings. I liked watching Everton play since Martinez took over but an incident happened this year and it made me realise that I probably should never have bothererd:

There's a huge Chinese message board and almost every club has its own section on there. A few months ago I posted something like 'you have a very good manager in Martinez and you should stick with him' in a thread about their manager on Everton's section and had a bit of discussion with a few posters there. I didn't know at the time I literally instantly became the target of one of the moderators of that Everton section. In the following few months I got followed and harassed by that crazy person for countless times - I was a regular visitor to the Charlton section on that message board and whenever I logged on I would see personal abuse directed at me on the Everton section from him. I'd never been personally attacked by anyone else all my life and I simply couldn't bear it. The freak even had the cheek to come on the Charlton section and post. So I finally made the decision to never go on that message board again, erase everything Everton from my memory and focus entirely on Charlton.

Can you imagine a poster like JohnBoyUK being harassed on here and got forced out? Even the Wednesday fan was met with nothing more than some light-hearted jokes. Well, it was certainly a lesson learned for me - be careful when you post anything on the internet. Not every site/forum is a fun place to be like Charlton Life. You just never know what kind of people will see your words. Sometimes it could get dangerous.

(Sorry this has nothing much to do with the original topic. Just thought I'd share it with you. )

Excuse my ignorance but could you elaborate? Do you mean that Everton will become bigger and start to attract more fans, some of whom are rather strange people?

Excuse my ignorance but could you elaborate? Do you mean that Everton will become bigger and start to attract more fans, some of whom are rather strange people?
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/12028068/Manchester-City-deal-maker-is-Chinese-Murdoch-with-influence-at-the-very-top.html
  • I always watch out for Welling results - used to go to their ground when CAFC reserves played their games there back in the late 80s (I think?) The games were in the afternoons so I used to skip off college (Thames Poly) to watch them. Welling used to serve a superb cheese roll at these games. Happy days.

Nowadays I follow Gateshead as my friend is a Heed fan. Been to see them at Dartford on a cold winters evening - great following. They also played Bromley at the start of the season. As all the play was up the other end the Heed fans sung songs at the Bromley goalie - quite polite ones to start with but ending up with 'Julian loves anal beads, Julian loves anal beads etc etc'. Julian did have to laugh though. Haven't heard that song before - assume it's a Northern thing.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/12028068/Manchester-City-deal-maker-is-Chinese-Murdoch-with-influence-at-the-very-top.html
    Thanks for the link. Arsenal and ManU have far more fans than ManC in China, which will indeed change in a few years' time under the influence of this deal.
  • Palace. Only kidding.
    Hearts. I had a work colleague who is a blinding bloke. Took him to the Hearts friendly.
    I really felt his pain when they looked like they might fold.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2015
    As I now live in Sweden I have a season ticket at Djurgården, one of the Stockholm teams, have to say the atmosphere is 100% better then English football, even though the football is league one standard
  • As I now live in Sweden I have a season ticket at Djurgården, one of the Stockholm teams, have to say the atmosphere is 100% better then English football, even though the football is league one standard

Saw AIK v Djurgarden on the 10th August, cracking tifo but shame about the flares holding up the start of both halves.

Went to Hammarby v Elfsborg the day before, much prefer the Globe Arena.

Kom igen Elfsborg.
  • Folkestone Invicta, because they're my hometown club and the first place I started watching football week in, week out as an 11-year-old.

San Jose Earthquakes, because my wife's from there and I was interested to know more about this sport they call 'soccer'.
  • Dover. Watched them from age of 6. Went to uni, then moved down to south east London in 1975 and gone to Charlton since - even though have now been in the south west for 30 years.
  • The famous Glasgow Rangers
  • FSV Mainz 05
    Hearts
    Welling United
    Brighton- My wife and 2 young sons are season ticket holders so I have to show some interest. As you can probably guess, I am really looking forward to getting a right tonking from them this Saturday.

I see you also like Hearts, I also have soft spot for Brighton, used to see games at goldstone ground if CAFC was playing away
  • Hearts Hearts glorious Hearts

Then Charlton
  • SanFreece Hiroshima
  • Badger said:

SanFreece Hiroshima

Hey! Me too! Nice to follow a team at the top of the league for a change!!
  • FSV Mainz 05

What's the story behind that one?

I recently acquired a client whose two top guys are season ticket holders. I'm hoping that if I deliver the project successfully, they're going to invite me to a game. Funny enough, another client and good mate, who may be interested in their business, is a Frankfurt fan. (big local derby, for those that don't know). He was going to take me to the away game at Mainz when I visited but it was an absolute sell-out and we had to watch it in a Frankfurt cider pub. It was a 0-0 of the most dire type.
    I had a work colleague a few years back that supported Mainz and I have followed them since. I have never been out there to see a game but I do hope to at some point in the near future.