Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Do any lifers support/like a team from another country or league?

Comments

• uie2 said:

FSV Mainz 05
    Hearts
    Welling United
    Brighton- My wife and 2 young sons are season ticket holders so I have to show some interest. As you can probably guess, I am really looking forward to getting a right tonking from them this Saturday.

I see you also like Hearts, I also have soft spot for Brighton, used to see games at goldstone ground if CAFC was playing away
    I have been following Hearts for a few years now and have friends who live in Edinburgh. I have been to Tynecastle a few times as well but not for a while though.
    I have no choice with Brighton as I have to show some interest for a quiet life. The Goldstone was a great place to visit.
  • Pompey for me having been born there, as a lad chose Rangers in Scotland, Sunderland since the play off final, but since meeting my Plumstead born wife sixty years ago CAFC. Incidentally Portsmouth had the best half-back line ever, Scoular, Froggatt, Dickenson.
  • Missed It said:

Badger said:

SanFreece Hiroshima

Hey! Me too! Nice to follow a team at the top of the league for a change!!
    Glory hunter!!!
  • Hibernian of Malta. My Dad who was Maltese used to play for them.
  • edited December 2015
    Look after the Philadelphia Union here in the states. Also not a club team, but due to my Irish heritage, I have a special place in my heart for the Ireland national team. (please don't pelt me)
  • Troyes in France, promoted to Ligue 1 last season unfortunately the step up is proving to much for them (they are well adrift at the bottom).

Me too, never knew why. The others

England : Hartlepool - reelection record holders, fans in end of season game.
    Grimsby - history, "grim", Super Clive
    Scotland : Queen's Park - History, ground
    Italy : Atalanta - Often watched them with Bergamo best mate, Art Nouveau ground, Mussolini era
    Switzerland Urania Geneva - lived many years next to their ground
    Holland : Dordrecht - lived there
    Turkey : Besiktas - extremely vocal fans
    Congo : T.P. Mazembe African football at its best. T.P. (Tout Puissant) means ALMIGHTY!!

• Welling
    Gibraltar
  • FC Midtjyland in Denmark , used to play for Herning Fremad in the 80s which was one of the clubs that merged to form the club.
  • edited December 2015
    Seattle Reign FC featuring Scottish International Kim Little and Welsh International Jess Fishlock.
  • My favourite lower league team is Millwall

• Sponsored links:

• I actually quite like Brentford saw them a few times when they played in league 1
  • Dumbarton for me - in my blood, every generation of my family have gone since my great grandfather went along to their first game in 1872. Charlton is my mistress - younger, glamorous (in comparison) and more exciting than the wife.
  • I started my football watching career on the old East Terrace in the 1950s. You got a magnificent panorama of the game. Another view, albeit a very fleeting one, used to be from the top deck of a 696 trolleybus outside the Park View ground in Welling.

When the Addicks were away, I supported Bexley United. Anybody on here remember them and the great Bobby Finch up front? At one of their games was the only time I ever saw a goal scored directly from a goal kick. There was one hell of a wind blowing and the gale took it past the opposing keeper into the net. I assume he touched it before the goal was given.

When living in Austria in the early 1970s I followed my local team SV Stainach, then, as now, playing in one of the Styrian regional leagues. And it was in Stainach that I received the of my beloved Charlton, who had just lost five nil to Blackpool and had been relegated to the third division.

Nowadays I can often be found at the Priory Lane ground of Eastbourne Borough. When Ebbsfleet came to visit last season, I had an interesting conversation with Peter Varney, as well as watching Messrs Brown and Gritt barking orders from the touchline!
  • I started my football watching career on the old East Terrace in the 1950s. You got a magnificent panorama of the game. Another view, albeit a very fleeting one, used to be from the top deck of a 696 trolleybus outside the Park View ground in Welling.

When the Addicks were away, I supported Bexley United. Anybody on here remember them and the great Bobby Finch up front? At one of their games was the only time I ever saw a goal scored directly from a goal kick. There was one hell of a wind blowing and the gale took it past the opposing keeper into the net. I assume he touched it before the goal was given.

When living in Austria in the early 1970s I followed my local team SV Stainach, then, as now, playing in one of the Styrian regional leagues. And it was in Stainach that I received the of my beloved Charlton, who had just lost five nil to Blackpool and had been relegated to the third division.

Nowadays I can often be found at the Priory Lane ground of Eastbourne Borough. When Ebbsfleet came to visit last season, I had an interesting conversation with Peter Varney, as well as watching Messrs Brown and Gritt barking orders from the touchline!

Don't remember Bobby Finch; however, I remember a CF called Brian Kelly. He had an uncanny habit of putting most of his shots into Park View Road.
    I think it was him that knocked my mate's mum of her bike and she had to go to hospital to clean up the cuts and grazes.
  • edited December 2015
    When not at Charlton, I watch Hendon. After the game, I help sweep the dressing rooms out and turn all the smelly socks out the right way before they go in the wash! Why do footballers insist on washing their boots in the sink? (quite often leaving the bowl filled up and the chainless plug in).

I also follow the fortunes of SV Hamburg and but normally only get to see one game live a season.
  • Ashford Utd (nee Town!). God forsaken hole but was brought up there so still follow their fortunes.

Wycombe Wanderers. Was based just down the road from there in the early 90s so used to go along and watch them in their non-league pomp when O'Neill was manager. Got married in Lacey Green also, on the outskirts.

Arsenal - Long story previously scripted elsewhere within the annals of this forum, but historically a gooner whose long lost love was always CAFC.

Vancouver Canucks!! Coz I love NHL, I love Vancouver and my brother lives (relatively) close to this fine city. Bloody late nights on Premier Sports do me in though!!
  • Don't support another team but a fan of Celtic, get up to 2-3 games a season.
  • Alta IF of Norway. The most unique and warming club in the world. :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Alta IF of Norway. The most unique and warming club in the world. :-)

http://www.fotball.altaif.no/league-stadium
  • Ashford Utd (nee Town!).
    Vancouver Canucks!! Coz I love NHL, I love Vancouver and my brother lives (relatively) close to this fine city. Bloody late nights on Premier Sports do me in though!!

was in Vancouver yesterday - non-stop drenching rain :(

But found out one of our suppliers has a box at Vancouver Whitecaps - so that's me sorted for a few games next season !!
  • Gosport Borough
  • edited December 2015
    Odense Boldklub :smile:

I lived just up the street from the training facilities of the Danish Superliga club, and I played in their youth system as a child. Moved to my own place a couple of years ago, but as I study very close by, the route of my bike ride every morning leads me straight through the club's facilities and, every once in a while, I stop and watch the first team train or in the afternoon, on my way home, one of the youth teams might be playing a match on one of the other fields. Among former youth players are Christian Eriksen, Thomas Sørensen, Anders Lindegaard and Thomas Helveg. And some former first team players you might remember from a few years back at Charlton; Rúrik Gíslason and Christian Bolaños!
  • Swansea. Different country, different league, in every sense of the word.
  • Dortmund Ive liked since I watched the champs league final and there fans were amazing we watched in a bar in Leicester square and was surprised how many had travelled over without tickets, went and saw them last weekend and didn't disappoint, celtic only for family connections.
  • Thought we'd done this thread before???
    Anyway....
    Bromley
    Raith Rovers... was seeing a girl from Kirkcaldy at the time, so we'd go and watch them... they were just as shyte as Charlton, so I was hooked. Even named my Sunday team after them... Otherwise, mainly places I'd been and got to catch the local team..
    Germany - St. Pauli
    Sweden - Hammarby
    Oz - Brisbane Roar
    Italy - Fiorentina
    Portugal - Immortal
    Been following the fortunes of Portland Timbers this season as well... only because I love the idea of the bloke behind the goal with the chainsaw!
  • Thought we'd done this thread before???
    Anyway....
    Bromley
    Raith Rovers... was seeing a girl from Kirkcaldy at the time, so we'd go and watch them... they were just as shyte as Charlton, so I was hooked. Even named my Sunday team after them... Otherwise, mainly places I'd been and got to catch the local team..
    Germany - St. Pauli
    Sweden - Hammarby
    Oz - Brisbane Roar
    Italy - Fiorentina
    Portugal - Immortal
    Been following the fortunes of Portland Timbers this season as well... only because I love the idea of the bloke behind the goal with the chainsaw!

I know this won't be to everyone's taste - but i t totally puts those copycats at Selhurst Park to shame...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHYVks-yInE&ab_channel=sama093
  • Odense Boldklub – Born and bred in Denmark
    Wellington Phoenix – Started following them, when I lived in NZ back in 2007 – went to their first game and I always go and see them, when they’re in Melbourne
    Denmark