Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Am I The Only One That Wants Roland To Stay?

Comments

• Options
    Essex_Al said:

I'm not sure that I get the team is irrelevant!

I certainly cannot see us being relegated to League1 in RD's plans.

Football ambition is not in his plans at all. He is a business man so it is just money and using every accountancy trick to get it eg the profit he made at SL
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

I hope your right Al I really do but it's not looking at all good right now. Only time will tell but we are in a serious tail spin both on and off the pitch and RD needs to do a 180* about turn so I'm not holding my breath. :disappointed:
  • Options
    Well, I'll happily bow to your financial knowledge, but if £35 million has already come into the club, we are still losing money, and are likely to lose even more if relegated, he has certainly got to go some to find a profit!
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Well, I'll happily bow to your financial knowledge, but if £35 million has already come into the club, we are still losing money, and are likely to lose even more if relegated, he has certainly got to go some to find a profit!

He lends money at 3% to cover debts. Debt loaded on club not him.
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

I think that once you take a critical look at all the evidence you will see that the team is low down on RD's priorities but perhaps I can turn the question around and ask what evidence you see that the team IS his priority ?

BTW I don't think RD is planning relegation which is why a small amount of money will probably be thrown at short term signings/loans in January.
  • Options
    I'm not sure I agree with anything in the original post.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Do not let Katrien define you, your club and it's future direction.

As stated in my post, I am waiting to see how KM responds to fan's concerns. Based on her responses to issues like communications I will then make a judgement as to whether I feel see is up to the job.

And is she up to the job?

• Sponsored links:

• Options

He's the Pol Pot of football, he wants to take our club back to year zero. I'd say he is on his way to achieving it.
    There should be UN resolutions over his experiments.

What is your alternative? Find another benefactor who will bankroll Charlton rather than finding a different business model?
    Yes, that would do for a start. I can't say I enjoy the current owners business model.
    Enlighten me, what is the the current business model, do you think its working and what level will be at when it works or when its failed completely?
  • Options
    edited July 2016

drewman said:

I'm not sure I agree with anything in the original post.

Be interesting to hear the OP's current views.
    This. Especially as AA posted on Feb 11 on a different thread that he is 'a growing dissenter'.
  • Options

2 signings and 2 league wins and the usual apologists will jump in to bed with Roland and tickle his balls

Keep away from ITTV then!
  • Options
    I'm still in the 'they're fucking useless but at least they have cash' camp, to be completely honest
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Leuth said:

I'm still in the 'they're fucking useless but at least they have cash' camp, to be completely honest

Maybe, but we all know now that in the end that its RD's 'cash' and the clubs debt.

• Options

Leuth said:

Maybe, but we all know now that in the end that its the clubs 'cash' and the clubs debt.

wrong it is Rolands cash and the clubs debt ;)
  • Options
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Je m'en fous

Je m'en fous, if that was actually what she said is rather more like 'I don't give a fuck' rather than 'I don't care'.

• Options

2 signings and 2 league wins and the usual apologists will jump in to bed with Roland and tickle his balls

Welcome to Charlton Life Katrien
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Essex_Al said:

There are none so blind as those who will not see. :wink:

I have to say I'd be very interested to read AA's re-appraisal in light of developments since his original post and whether he has changed his views.
    Or maybe some of the those with the "you're not alone" responses to the original post
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Well I don't think I'll be asking you to predict future lottery numbers @Essex_Al :wink:
  • Options
    edited July 2016

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Je m'en fous

Je m'en fous, if that was actually what she said is rather more like 'I don't give a fuck' rather than 'I don't care'.

That is literally true. The verb is se foutre, but, in the sense of the physical act, it is hundreds of years old and totally archaic, as I understand it. The modern verb is s'encouler.

Se foutre is the kind of language parents don't like their five year olds to use, but strong expletives are more acceptable among adults in everyday colloquial French than in English, generally. "I don't give a damn/shit" probably has about the right strength.

In any case, that is supposedly the French translation of a dialogue in Flemish Dutch, I believe.

Lecture over.
  • Options
    Still think Blackpool are worse than us - that's about the only consolation.
    KM is a truly vile individual.
  • Options
    Just got back to Manchester, from the friendly game at The Valley, so will respond in more detail tomorrow
  • Options
    Up there with the worst original posts I've ever read.
  • Options

Still think Blackpool are worse than us - that's about the only consolation.
    KM is a truly vile individual.

Saw a handful of fans boot-licking her at the Charlton Trust fun day today.

Strange individuals.
  • Options

Just got back to Manchester, from the friendly game at The Valley, so will respond in more detail tomorrow

You came down from Manchester for a friendly - in the current circumstancies? Fair play to you mate.
  • Options

Do not let Katrien define you, your club and it's future direction.<

As stated in my post, I am waiting to see how KM responds to fan's concerns. Based on her responses to issues like communications I will then make a judgement as to whether I feel see is up to the job.

Wow, how long do you want in order to make a judgement as to whether Katrien Meire is up to the job of CEO?

We have had over two years of gross incompetence and highly questionable comments from KM some bordering on contempt for the fans and indeed the club (e.g. "Le passé glorieux de ce club? Je m’en fous". Après un an et demi, le défi est toujours présent pour la Belge Katrien Meire (31 ans): donner une nouvelle vie au Charlton Athletic, club anglais de deuxième division - L'Echo, Sept. 2015). I am reliably informed that the second sentence of her quote translates literally as "I don't care".

For God's sake do some research man.
    You can find online sites such as How Roland Duchatelet and Katrine Meire are ruining the Club.
    Read Yann Kermorgant - "they have wasted the club" and read the reasons he gives.
    Read statements by VOTV's Airman Brown relating to the regime and how it operates.
    Read Charlie Connelly's cry from the heart -
    On communications - she allowed a respected professional in Mel Baroni to walk away from the job in disgust after only 40 days or so. I could go on.............and I will... she deserted the club and went on holiday to Dubai at a critical time in the club's fortunes - oh yeah - give her the benefit of the doubt on that one did you?

If you are still giving Katrien Meire the benefit of the doubt then I guess yes....you are the only one (opps sorry forgot about Sue Parkes).

PS. Sheepishly.....some of the above hadn't happened at the time of the original posting. still what the hey?
    Alti Addick is an apologist.

I had a spat with him and his chum(exiled addick, or exiled in manchester)today.

They said they want to see the game in peace.

They said they want to watch footballl with no swearing.

They said that MANY of the 5000 who did not renew were actually West Ham fans.

They had NO answer when asked whether Meire was doing a good job.
  • Options

You do that.