Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Am I The Only One That Wants Roland To Stay?

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    RedChaser said:

AA I'm not going to get involved in a 'my dick is bigger than yours' discussion about the support I have given this club since the late 50s. However if you cannot grasp the overwhelming reason why STs are down 50% and still need to wait until the transfer window shuts to pass judgement on this evil regime which has ripped the heart out of the club with no time for us oldies then I'm totally dumbfounded :open_mouth:

Like comments "toxic regime" I have a massive problem with " ripped the heart out of the club" cliche. It's a very emotive statement, but what does it actually mean. It certainly hasn't done that for me, or several supporters I'm in contact with. We all have our hearts fully focussed on Charlton, so let me know, and this isn't a glib request, what ripping the heart out of the club actually means for you.
  • Options

Hex said:

Altrincham, you appear to be desperately clutching at straws to support your views which in all honesty you will have trouble substantiating. It is quite revealing that you are unwilling to state your views on the regime at this time. I suspect you will find more reasons not to do so at the end of August.

My views are that they are no worse or better than Jimenez and Slater, but they seem to get a lot more abuse.
    The appointment of Karel Frey was a monumental mistake which was compounded by keeping him in the job for far too long. But I'm in this for the long term, and am happy with the appointment of Slade. Lets hope he gets the support.
    Quite simply because Jimenez retained Chris Powell as manager and whether or not you rate his ability you could not conceivably question his integrity.

Jimenez and Slater were scum in my book, but they didn't get involved in the day to day running of the club at all, certainly until they forced out Varney and Kavanagh, and even then they wanted Prothero to do it.

Despite all that they wanted to put a winning team on the pitch for their own purposes, which coincided with what fans wanted. There's no confidence that is what Duchatelet wants or at least no trust in his ability to do so. Hence the reaction he and his puppet get from a majority of fans.

If you really think so many longtime fans are giving up season tickets for other reasons I think you are deluding yourself.

For what's it's worth I don't think we will ever see Duchatelet humiliated by a judge in the way that Jimenez was, which is to his credit.
    I totally agree with you that the best decision they did was to appoint Powell, and provided funds through a third source to buy a team. Then it went downhill after the funding was cut.
  • Options

seth plum said:

Essex_Al said:

OK, People are asking me to respond to my original post, so here goes! I have renewed my season ticket and I am continuing to support Valley Gold. Last season, living in South Manchester, I missed 5 games all season, home and away.
    I went to Austria to support the team, I was the only Charlton supporter, in Pinkafeld, to support the team against the Russians. In Birkfeild I was the only UK based supporter against the Israelis, although their were some enthusiastic Italian and Austrian Charlton fans, including Vienna addick and his son. I would recommend these European pre-season tours to any fan. I had a fantastic time in Vienna, visiting 3 art galleries, taking a selfie with Klimt's kiss in the Belvedere museum, and generally enjoying myself, especially hiring a car for the second game, and visiting Hundertwasser's spa village at Blumeau, a cross between Park Guell in Barcellona and Hobbiton, fantastic. The reason I'm going on about the tour is that I was amazed that I was the only one. Coventry played Sturm Graz in the same stadium in Pinkafeld, and they bought around 30 supporters. Has the poison got so deep, the anti- Duchatelier brigade so vociferous, that people couldn't be bothered to go and support the team?

My view is that many ( not all, I'm sure that there are fans who are so disillusioned with the Belgium ownership who passionately believe that not renewing their season tickets will force them out) supporters are using the Belgium takeover as an excuse for not renewing their season tickets. A drop in division, less attractive football are all good reasons. Family commitments, better things to do, are also fine. A concern about the people on Life who are very vociferous on removing the Belgiums hardly ever go and watch Charlton. I'm sure they have Charlton to their heart, and this is to be commended, but it's not the same as seeing game after game.

I have watched the development of Crofts and Foley through pre-season. I must admit that in the first two games Crofts was poor, giving the ball away, and generally looked off the pace and making poor decisions. Foley, on the other hand had decent games against the Russians in midfield, and against the Israelis at right back, and to me he looked more likely to get a contract. Having seen both players against Ipswich and the Dutch team at The Valley, Crofts has made excellent progress, and Foley did well. So what do I see on Charlton Life, several lifers referring to both players being called Twedledum and Twedeldee, people wanting to insult Charlton players. I found the whole series of comments pathetic. If Russell Slade feels they are good enough for Charlton I will give them my full support.

Arriving home in Altincham last night, I logged on and looked at the match thread, and read a comment that Russell Slade had chosen a team in protest at the transfer policy by the club. Within 10 comments it was a fact. A problem I have with CL is that a weird rumour becomes fact for many people, and they believe it. This then builds and builds until it becomes almost histerical. So what are the facts?

I've rambled on long enough, and I guess most people want to know if I am a Roland and Katrien appeaser, so they can give me dog's abuse, That will have to wait until the close of the transfer window.

AA, fair play for posting this response, because you knew you were in for pelters!

I have highlighted a paragraph that I totally agree with and also find impossible to comprehend. I fully understand people's dislike of RD and KM, but they are becoming so blinkered in their hatred that they actually come to believe some of the shit they are posting. Russell Slade actually stated that they were experimenting with a different formation in the first half and yet you have idiots on here actually believing that it was a protest against the transfer policy, it's so incredible, it's laughable!

I'm also glad that Tracey has been on CL today to say how well the after match player signing went, which shot a few down on here trying to make out it was poor!

To give the team the support the way you do is commendable and I share your thoughts that fans should still be supporting the team whatever they think of the regime!

I see your summing up of Crofts and Foley has also been questioned, I have been to the last three PSF's and in the last two have been impressed with Crofts and Foley will be a useful squad member. They are both seasoned professionals who will do well in L1.

Let's hope for some new signings this week and three points on Saturday!

Al
    Cheers for your support, but what I'm trying to do with my post is that football is not rational, it's in my blood and everyone else's. I can understand the frustration of everyone's complaints about the owners, some of which I agree with, but with no sign of them leaving what do I do? Become a bitter Belgium hater, giving up my season ticket? I have decided not to do that. Some people will say that I'm not a true Charlton fan, but I will continue to support the club that I love. I know that I will get pelters, just as well I live in Manchester!
    Personally i believe you should carry on with your loyal support for whatever reason you like. You don't need to justify it.

I am not so sure you should criticise other supporters who think differently however. For example you mention the Jimenez/Slater era as worse than this lot.

Jimenez/Slater got us promoted, this lot got us relegated.

So on that basis I disagree with you, and I believe you would be gracious in accepting other supporters are sincere in believing it is this regime to blame for our demise and distress.
    I thank you for your response, Seth, I've always enjoyed your reports from the youth team games. I have noticed a change in your attitude towards the club in the last few months. I don't think that my comment about Jimenez /Slater was ever meant to be a critism of fans, I was just commenting on my opinion of the owners. If this was viewed as a criticism of fans who thought they did a good job I apologise.
    Now that I don't have a season ticket I doubt I'll be allowed entry to youth team games.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Essex_Al said:

OK, People are asking me to respond to my original post, so here goes! I have renewed my season ticket and I am continuing to support Valley Gold. Last season, living in South Manchester, I missed 5 games all season, home and away.
    I went to Austria to support the team, I was the only Charlton supporter, in Pinkafeld, to support the team against the Russians. In Birkfeild I was the only UK based supporter against the Israelis, although their were some enthusiastic Italian and Austrian Charlton fans, including Vienna addick and his son. I would recommend these European pre-season tours to any fan. I had a fantastic time in Vienna, visiting 3 art galleries, taking a selfie with Klimt's kiss in the Belvedere museum, and generally enjoying myself, especially hiring a car for the second game, and visiting Hundertwasser's spa village at Blumeau, a cross between Park Guell in Barcellona and Hobbiton, fantastic. The reason I'm going on about the tour is that I was amazed that I was the only one. Coventry played Sturm Graz in the same stadium in Pinkafeld, and they bought around 30 supporters. Has the poison got so deep, the anti- Duchatelier brigade so vociferous, that people couldn't be bothered to go and support the team?

My view is that many ( not all, I'm sure that there are fans who are so disillusioned with the Belgium ownership who passionately believe that not renewing their season tickets will force them out) supporters are using the Belgium takeover as an excuse for not renewing their season tickets. A drop in division, less attractive football are all good reasons. Family commitments, better things to do, are also fine. A concern about the people on Life who are very vociferous on removing the Belgiums hardly ever go and watch Charlton. I'm sure they have Charlton to their heart, and this is to be commended, but it's not the same as seeing game after game.

I have watched the development of Crofts and Foley through pre-season. I must admit that in the first two games Crofts was poor, giving the ball away, and generally looked off the pace and making poor decisions. Foley, on the other hand had decent games against the Russians in midfield, and against the Israelis at right back, and to me he looked more likely to get a contract. Having seen both players against Ipswich and the Dutch team at The Valley, Crofts has made excellent progress, and Foley did well. So what do I see on Charlton Life, several lifers referring to both players being called Twedledum and Twedeldee, people wanting to insult Charlton players. I found the whole series of comments pathetic. If Russell Slade feels they are good enough for Charlton I will give them my full support.

Arriving home in Altincham last night, I logged on and looked at the match thread, and read a comment that Russell Slade had chosen a team in protest at the transfer policy by the club. Within 10 comments it was a fact. A problem I have with CL is that a weird rumour becomes fact for many people, and they believe it. This then builds and builds until it becomes almost histerical. So what are the facts?

I've rambled on long enough, and I guess most people want to know if I am a Roland and Katrien appeaser, so they can give me dog's abuse, That will have to wait until the close of the transfer window.

AA, fair play for posting this response, because you knew you were in for pelters!

I have highlighted a paragraph that I totally agree with and also find impossible to comprehend. I fully understand people's dislike of RD and KM, but they are becoming so blinkered in their hatred that they actually come to believe some of the shit they are posting. Russell Slade actually stated that they were experimenting with a different formation in the first half and yet you have idiots on here actually believing that it was a protest against the transfer policy, it's so incredible, it's laughable!

I'm also glad that Tracey has been on CL today to say how well the after match player signing went, which shot a few down on here trying to make out it was poor!

To give the team the support the way you do is commendable and I share your thoughts that fans should still be supporting the team whatever they think of the regime!

I see your summing up of Crofts and Foley has also been questioned, I have been to the last three PSF's and in the last two have been impressed with Crofts and Foley will be a useful squad member. They are both seasoned professionals who will do well in L1.

Al
    Cheers for your support, but what I'm trying to do with my post is that football is not rational, it's in my blood and everyone else's. I can understand the frustration of everyone's complaints about the owners, some of which I agree with, but with no sign of them leaving what do I do? Become a bitter Belgium hater, giving up my season ticket? I have decided not to do that. Some people will say that I'm not a true Charlton fan, but I will continue to support the club that I love. I know that I will get pelters, just as well I live in Manchester!
    Personally i believe you should carry on with your loyal support for whatever reason you like. You don't need to justify it.

I am not so sure you should criticise other supporters who think differently however. For example you mention the Jimenez/Slater era as worse than this lot.

So on that basis I disagree with you, and I believe you would be gracious in accepting other supporters are sincere in believing it is this regime to blame for our demise and distress.
    I thank you for your response, Seth, I've always enjoyed your reports from the youth team games. I have noticed a change in your attitude towards the club in the last few months. I don't think that my comment about Jimenez /Slater was ever meant to be a critism of fans, I was just commenting on my opinion of the owners. If this was viewed as a criticism of fans who thought they did a good job I apologise.
    Now that I don't have a season ticket I doubt I'll be allowed entry to youth team games.
    That's a shame, because you have shown a true support for Charlton youth teams for a long time, and comments I have respected. Sneek in over the fence?
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Hex said:

Altrincham, you appear to be desperately clutching at straws to support your views which in all honesty you will have trouble substantiating. It is quite revealing that you are unwilling to state your views on the regime at this time. I suspect you will find more reasons not to do so at the end of August.

My views are that they are no worse or better than Jimenez and Slater, but they seem to get a lot more abuse.
    The appointment of Karel Frey was a monumental mistake which was compounded by keeping him in the job for far too long. But I'm in this for the long term, and am happy with the appointment of Slade. Lets hope he gets the support.
    Quite simply because Jimenez retained Chris Powell as manager and whether or not you rate his ability you could not conceivably question his integrity.

Jimenez and Slater were scum in my book, but they didn't get involved in the day to day running of the club at all, certainly until they forced out Varney and Kavanagh, and even then they wanted Prothero to do it.

Despite all that they wanted to put a winning team on the pitch for their own purposes, which coincided with what fans wanted. There's no confidence that is what Duchatelet wants or at least no trust in his ability to do so. Hence the reaction he and his puppet get from a majority of fans.

If you really think so many longtime fans are giving up season tickets for other reasons I think you are deluding yourself.

For what's it's worth I don't think we will ever see Duchatelet humiliated by a judge in the way that Jimenez was, which is to his credit.
    I totally agree with you that the best decision they did was to appoint Powell, and provided funds through a third source to buy a team. Then it went downhill after the funding was cut.
    Funds to buy the team came from the sale of Jenkinson, which wasn't negotiated by them. In fact they cut the football budget for 2011/12 from the previous two years, but they did act as a funnel for funds to cover the inevitable operating loss, which would otherwise have been unsustainable.

Certainly until mid-2012 and to some extent 2013 the club was run on similar principles and by the same people who had run it for the preceding decade, with the two years in which Steve Waggott was nominally chief executive a minor anomaly. In reality, Kavanagh largely ran it after Varney left originally in 2008.

In other words, the discontinuity is largely the present regime, although a bullying culture below board level led to numerous departures in 2013 which paved the way for the current shambles.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Essex_Al said:

Al

I think Tracey will make sure of that! :wink:
  • Options

People don't protest by not going to Austria. in fact the obverse. If they felt that strongly about it, they would spend money to make the point. It's because our fan base is falling because of other off field reasons, whatever they may be, and again, I will state that I'm not criticising anyone for not going to a football game, there's lots of other stuff going on in people's lives.

Bristol Rovers took 800 out to Spain, Oxford took 600 out to Spain/Portugal. Numbers like these tell me that the clubs wanted fans out there and advertised trips.

I repeatedly rang the club, who put me through to the training ground. Repeatedly they did not ring me back. Eventually the club revealed details a week before.

People would have gone to Austria if we were told a lot longer than a week before, people have to work and make arrangements blah blah blah.
  • Options

AA, i am fully in awe of your dedication to the whole thing - but, for Gods sake, go to the Opticians - and also maybe visit the Psychiatrist too.
    For one, how can you even closely glorify Foley and Crofts when we have just lost Cousins and JBG and Pope.
    For christs sake man, open your eyes and smell the coffee- you are very welcome to your opinions, but, my god, they are shit.

Cousins, JBG, were always going to go, I was disappointed with Pope, but are you surprised, with the abuse he received on CL in the earlier part of his career?
    You are a moron.

So Pope is going to leave a football club because of a message board.
  • Options

AA, i am fully in awe of your dedication to the whole thing - but, for Gods sake, go to the Opticians - and also maybe visit the Psychiatrist too.
    For one, how can you even closely glorify Foley and Crofts when we have just lost Cousins and JBG and Pope.
    For christs sake man, open your eyes and smell the coffee- you are very welcome to your opinions, but, my god, they are shit.

I'm in total agreement, most of my friends think that my opinions are shit!
    They've got a point. :wink:
    lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

like like like like like like like like like like
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Davo55 said:

I am truly gobsmacked, altrincham. The vast majority of the points you make are your opinions of other Charlton fans in general, and genuinely bemused, angry and upset CL posters in particular. There is nothing said at all about RD, KM, TK, RM, either in defence of their stewardship of the club or in acknowledgement of their failings. I respect your loyalty to the club and the team but your lack of critical objectivity about the damage wrought by Duchatelet and his regime is staggering. Each to their own, and all that, but please take off the blinkers and at least see them for the poison they are, even if you are prepared to overlook their shortcomings in the interests of supporting the team.

By the way, your comments about many non-ST renewers just using the regime as an excuse are, in my view, outrageously wide of the mark.

You make a very coherent arguement, which I generally support. The club has not been run well for several years now, long before RD and KM. I thought the ownership of Jimenez and Slater was as bad if not worse, but for some reason they never seemed to suffer the same abuse. But I'm a blinkered supporter, that's what we do, and I'll continue to support the team to a point when I think, that's not right, but I haven't reached that point yet.
    Why did THOUSANDS scream liar at squirrel face at the Burnley game>

Why have 5000 people not renewed their season tickets?

You do not have a clue, no doubt you supported the appointment of Karel Fraeye.
  • Options

Following a fun filled, if exhausting weekend with our family of 11, I'm trying hard to catch up with what's been happening in my absence.....not a lot as far as the transfer rumours thread is concerned but some interesting developments in the " AA & Essex Al versus the Rest" match.

I've managed to scan through all the previous posts since this started last November and am pleased to find there is at least a degree of consistency ie I still agree wholeheartedly with the posts I "liked".

I believe another Lifer asked the question as to whether posters' opinions have changed in the past 8 months & a poll on this would be interesting to say the least.

For instance, I have an inkling that a certain respected member from somewhere just south of Watford has seemingly found the road to Damascus ( in his lorry ?) & would love to learn the main reasons why his views have changed ....Are you out there, Saul /Paul?

At this moment in time, with only 6 days until the start of yet another season, I fervently wish that I could feel that old, familiar tingle but it's just not in evidence. I've tried my utmost to coax it back, but even that signed pic of JJ isn't hitting the spot. And I know that watching the Play Off Final DVD again will only move me towards the box of tissues....

Seriously, my passion for this football club of ours hasn't waned & my attendance at both home & away matches is a gimme but the spark is sadly missing. So, if someone tells me I should be giving my unconditional support to ALL aspects of and everyone concerned with running my club, because that's what supporters DO, I'll happily respond that THEY can't be a true supporter - because those very individuals who are sadly, the current stewards of Charlton Athletic are a million miles adrift of any sane football supporter's vision for their club. This was clear to the majority ( yes, I DO believe it is the majority) of Addicks back in November, and the picture is more clearly defined 8 months later ; more black & white than ever.

Four letter words have been used to describe our fragrant CEO & her Gepetto but it is FROM the regime that the most pertinent ones have emanated - "lies" and "spin" being the first to come to mind. And it is on these very words that this pathetic excuse for stewardship is based. How many statements have been vomited from their mouths only to be denied at a later date ? It has become a way of life for them & I seriously wonder whether they can now recognise the truth from the untruths.

Whether RS will become the latest fall guy, like managers, players, management staff etc before him, remains to be seen. Whether there ARE players willing to join the circus where even spinning plates are seeking a transfer, also remains to be seen.

But to use one of AA's words describing the atmosphere at The Valley last season, our club is toxic at this moment in time.

And all but the serial Addickted ( heaven help us all ) plus the players desperate to find employment as time runs out for them / too loyal to ply their trade elsewhere will avoid Floyd Road until the " All clear" siren has heralded the departure of those that have unsuccessfully tried to poison OUR club. THEY and they alone are to blame for the current desperate situation but WE can & will stand together to bring CAFC back where it belongs...in all our hearts.

Support the team, NOT the regime !

The funny thing is that I had the spat with Altinchamaddick and his ridiculous mate, but throughout the game I was sat with EssexAl, another dreadful apologist.

Al is alright though, off of a message board he talks sense.
  • Options

Following a fun filled, if exhausting weekend with our family of 11, I'm trying hard to catch up with what's been happening in my absence.....not a lot as far as the transfer rumours thread is concerned but some interesting developments in the " AA & Essex Al versus the Rest" match.

I've managed to scan through all the previous posts since this started last November and am pleased to find there is at least a degree of consistency ie I still agree wholeheartedly with the posts I "liked".

I believe another Lifer asked the question as to whether posters' opinions have changed in the past 8 months & a poll on this would be interesting to say the least.

For instance, I have an inkling that a certain respected member from somewhere just south of Watford has seemingly found the road to Damascus ( in his lorry ?) & would love to learn the main reasons why his views have changed ....Are you out there, Saul /Paul?

At this moment in time, with only 6 days until the start of yet another season, I fervently wish that I could feel that old, familiar tingle but it's just not in evidence. I've tried my utmost to coax it back, but even that signed pic of JJ isn't hitting the spot. And I know that watching the Play Off Final DVD again will only move me towards the box of tissues....

Seriously, my passion for this football club of ours hasn't waned & my attendance at both home & away matches is a gimme but the spark is sadly missing. So, if someone tells me I should be giving my unconditional support to ALL aspects of and everyone concerned with running my club, because that's what supporters DO, I'll happily respond that THEY can't be a true supporter - because those very individuals who are sadly, the current stewards of Charlton Athletic are a million miles adrift of any sane football supporter's vision for their club. This was clear to the majority ( yes, I DO believe it is the majority) of Addicks back in November, and the picture is more clearly defined 8 months later ; more black & white than ever.

Four letter words have been used to describe our fragrant CEO & her Gepetto but it is FROM the regime that the most pertinent ones have emanated - "lies" and "spin" being the first to come to mind. And it is on these very words that this pathetic excuse for stewardship is based. How many statements have been vomited from their mouths only to be denied at a later date ? It has become a way of life for them & I seriously wonder whether they can now recognise the truth from the untruths.

Whether RS will become the latest fall guy, like managers, players, management staff etc before him, remains to be seen. Whether there ARE players willing to join the circus where even spinning plates are seeking a transfer, also remains to be seen.

But to use one of AA's words describing the atmosphere at The Valley last season, our club is toxic at this moment in time.

And all but the serial Addickted ( heaven help us all ) plus the players desperate to find employment as time runs out for them / too loyal to ply their trade elsewhere will avoid Floyd Road until the " All clear" siren has heralded the departure of those that have unsuccessfully tried to poison OUR club. THEY and they alone are to blame for the current desperate situation but WE can & will stand together to bring CAFC back where it belongs...in all our hearts.

The team is the regime still!
  • Options
    5 league matches before the end of the transfer window in August.

Another 6 matches to allow them to blend in together. We arrive at the start of October to a message saying "we have identified the players we need and will purchase them in January".

It appears to me that we are following the same strategy as the previous seasons but with an English manager and a couple of English free transfers.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Essex_Al said:

The funny thing is that I had the spat with Altinchamaddick and his ridiculous mate, but throughout the game I was sat with EssexAl, another dreadful apologist.

Al is alright though, off of a message board he talks sense.
    I let him sit next to me and then he flags me for abuse, tosser!
    Shut up, I'll apologise with a beer at Walsall, you're easily bought!
  • Options

I wouldn't be so sure of that ;-)
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Everybody who liked the original post has been identified and are now subject to a necessary but traumatic period of re-education.
    Stage 1: An honest and heartfelt admission of guilt before a jury of we, the people (North Stand only).
    Stage 2: A period of hard manual labour in exchange for the right to watch one Wycombe Wanderers match. The following comments to be chanted "A proper football team, with proper supporters, a proper football team with proper supporters" in unison 100 times at the conclusion of the match.
    Stage 3: Every post on Charlton Life henceforth to begin with the words " How could I have been so blind?"
    Stage 4: A systematic and unvarying adoption of the correct response to any dissenters from the political orthodoxy: "Fuck off and support Palace you knob".
  • Options

People don't protest by not going to Austria. in fact the obverse. If they felt that strongly about it, they would spend money to make the point. It's because our fan base is falling because of other off field reasons, whatever they may be, and again, I will state that I'm not criticising anyone for not going to a football game, there's lots of other stuff going on in people's lives.

I would gamble the drop in our fanbase is materially correlated to the despair and disdain at the utter fuckmonkeys running the club into the ground. Got a daughter and nephew who can't wait to go to games and my brother wants to take his boy having never really shown an interest and the only reason I'm not going home games is 100% because of the Belgians.

Of course there will be other reasons for many but I bet if they sold and jogged on tomorrow we'd have another 7K+ season tickets sold by Tuesday tea time including 5 or so from me and mine.

Sticking to aways til they go and I resent the clowns for that and will be cursing them all the way up to Bury and back for the way they continue to sodomize our great club.
    Your bet that another &k season tickets will be sold is spot on I would drive down from Chesterfield overnight to buy mine with god given tears of joy in my eyes.
  • Options

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Je m'en fous

Je m'en fous, if that was actually what she said is rather more like 'I don't give a fuck' rather than 'I don't care'.

That is literally true. The verb is se foutre, but, in the sense of the physical act, it is hundreds of years old and totally archaic, as I understand it. The modern verb is s'encouler.

Se foutre is the kind of language parents don't like their five year olds to use, but strong expletives are more acceptable among adults in everyday colloquial French than in English, generally. "I don't give a damn/shit" probably has about the right strength.

In any case, that is supposedly the French translation of a dialogue in Flemish Dutch, I believe.

Lecture over.
    couler un bateau = to sink a ship
    enculer ta soeur = to fuck your sister (pronounce the "u" as in "Umberto" )
    je m'en fous = I don't care
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    BDL said:

I wouldn't be so sure of that ;-)
    My hopes for the coming season are Duchatelet has a skeleton in a cupboard/laundy basket and emulates Carson Leung, the ex Birmingham City Owner who is now watching his own back in a Hong Kong Jail.

Also Phillip Green the Pension raider emulates Robert Maxwell and does a back flip with a BHS bed tied to him off his 100 million pound Yacht.