Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Exclusive: Charlton Athletic keen on loan deal for former Valley favourite Yann Kermorgant - SLP

Comments

• I wonder if there will ever be a window where we're not linked with Yann. In 2,000 years when we're competing in the galactic third division and our half Belgian half Neptunian owner isn't investing enough money and is only bringing in players with experience of the Southern Andromeda League and a manager who has only coached on planet Florp we'll still be linked with Yann's head in a jar. And he'll still be better than what we've got.

In 2000 years, you'll be part of the Belgian Commonwealth. It will start with you lot sipping Stella Artois. Afterwards we'll take over football clubs by sending lot's of players to them (Tottenham, Man City ...) . One day you'll even have Belgian chocolates being sold in Harrods ! You're doomed !
  • skywalker said:

I wonder if there will ever be a window where we're not linked with Yann. In 2,000 years when we're competing in the galactic third division and our half Belgian half Neptunian owner isn't investing enough money and is only bringing in players with experience of the Southern Andromeda League and a manager who has only coached on planet Florp we'll still be linked with Yann's head in a jar. And he'll still be better than what we've got.

In 2000 years, you'll be part of the Belgian Commonwealth. It will start with you lot sipping Stella Artois. Afterwards we'll take over football clubs by sending lot's of players to them (Tottenham, Man City ...) . One day you'll even have Belgian chocolates being sold in Harrods ! You're doomed !
    If this is how Belgians run football clubs I don't think we have too much to worry about !
  • Really surprised if Bournemouth would even allow him to come. He is on the bench now so obviously needed.... I think its a load of old tosh personally.
  • Even if it were plausible, I don't much like the idea. With our vapid midfield and inability to get the ball forward, any striker would have difficulty finding the net. We should address this basic failing first. Anyway, surely an honourable man and skilful player wouldn't consider joining this shambles of a club in total meltdown.
  • edited November 2015
    Club has got themselves in a position of being damned if they do, damned if they don't, and it is 100% their fault. No doubt.

That being said, if the two current rumours are true (yann and a championship experienced manager - never understood why he necessarily has to be British) then they are surely showing they have listened and are taking steps to improve things.

Are people saying that it now has to be sack the board and nothing else? Or are they going to be given the opportunity to make changes and admit fault (even tacitly).

If the rumours end up true, it's a big step as I bet neither will come cheap. The underlying tone recently however seems many would even take a change in policy as yet another reason to get them out.

Either way I would like to say fair play to all those protesting and flyering today, horrible day for it and you have my utmost respect. You're definitely better supporters than me!
  • The story about Yann may not have come from inside club but that doesn't mean that a bid wasn't tactically placed in last couple of days knowing that the story would leak from Dorset. A very calculated move from KM imo.
  • mart77 said:

The story about Yann may not have come from inside club but that doesn't mean that a bid wasn't tactically placed in last couple of days knowing that the story would leak from Dorset. A very calculated move from KM imo.

3-4 weeks ago was when I was told hence its definitely not a pr stunt.
  • It's spin - pure and simple. I don't blame Ollie because he's obviously been told about an approach but was that approach made with any real intention or just for show?
    I personally think that latter.
  • Swisdom said:

mart77 said:

The story about Yann may not have come from inside club but that doesn't mean that a bid wasn't tactically placed in last couple of days knowing that the story would leak from Dorset. A very calculated move from KM imo.

3-4 weeks ago was when I was told hence its definitely not a pr stunt.
    If this was being discussed 3-4 weeks ago why is it only coming to light now?
  • Sponsored links:

• Club admit mistakes.. Some chance
  • edited November 2015
    razil said:

Club admit mistakes.. Some chance

Not even tacitly then? To expect a business owner to openly apologise for mistakes in the past is niaive at best. Actions often speak louder than words.

Are you saying that's it then, there's no way back from this position?
  • Why would he want to come back here after the way the club shoved him out of the door?

He wasn't exactly shoved out of the door, he could have refused Bournemouth's offer...
  • Interesting timing.

Just in time for the Family Zone relaunch?
  • Then again, once RD has gone, wouldnt it be nice to see Kermy back at the Valley in a coaching capacity. No way he's coming back as a player under RD.
  • Like we were definitely interested in Gradel?

Saying we're interested is one thing, actually securing him is another. Doubt he'd even want to come back.
  • Yann on the bench for Bournemouth today. Still looking overweight. I would love to have him back but really needs to get his fitness in order quickly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yann on the bench for Bournemouth today. Still looking overweight. I would love to have him back but really needs to get his fitness in order quickly.

Don't worry, Watt can clue him in ;-/

Well he was probably one of our best 3 players when overweight before. Don't think at his age he'd ever be someone who plays week after week for 90 minutes anyway.
  • mrbligh said:

I used to think RD/KM were clueless, they're not

they are calculating and disrespectful, wasn't sure whether I was gonna bother today but defo am now

see you outside the west stand at 14:30

So true hope it all goes well off the field today.
  • Watching Bournemouth and Newcastle on TV, I am pretty sure I caught sight of Yann on the subs bench dialing an 0208333 number on his mobile.
  • Just came on as a sub
  • Would he get in the team after today's performance?
  • Swisdom said:

Guess what - this has legs in it.

My source is as close as it gets

I repeat this is not a smokescreen. It's not nailed on but my understanding is that all parties are on the same page.

But is that page in the same book ?

• Can they bring back A.C as well. Yann's comments are worrying regarding selling young players. Don't want Lookman going for £2 million in a year's time thanks.
  • I wholeheartedly trust KM on this one.