Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Exclusive: Charlton Athletic keen on loan deal for former Valley favourite Yann Kermorgant - SLP

Charlton are weighing up a loan move for former Valley favourite Yann Kermorgant.
A source on the South Coast has revealed that the AFC Bournemouth frontman is a target for the Addicks.
But the Cherries are thought to not be keen on letting the 33-year-old go until January - when they can add to their own striking options.

http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/article.cfm?id=114373&headline=Exclusive: Charlton Athletic keen on loan deal for former Valley favourite Yann Kermorgant&sectionIs=sport&searchyear=2015

Opens family size bag of popcorn

Comments

• edited November 2015
    A potential new British manager and now this. Has Roland really finally accepted that he knows sweet FA about football, has so far got everything wrong and is ready to change?

Please bin the sofa next.

Would love to see Yann back. We need fighters.
  • Goodness me.
  • I know Cawley's a credible source? but bullshit was my first thought.
  • Carter said:

Appease the natives.

Yup

As much as it's a publicity stunt I'd drive him here myself
    Already got that covered :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Macronate said:

I know Cawley's a credible source? but bullshit was my first thought.

It is called click bait

• Not even subtle. From a country that gave us the estimable Magritte, this is as in your face as you can get.
    Hashtag throwingabone.
  • What a cold calculated cynical move.
  • Dear Lord

(Resumes search for paracetamol)
  • treating us as mugs---no change
  • se9addick said:

We might as well target Messi & Ronaldo while we're at it.

They would have to get them 2 on the pitch with scarfy before I believe anything that comes out of that club nowadays.
  • Sponsored links:

• If Yann ends up back at Charlton, I would be very very surprised.
  • shirty5 said:

“I think the only thing Duchatelet wants is to make money,” said the Frenchman, now in the Premier League with Bournemouth. “He doesn’t want to pull anything from his pocket.

“That is why he wants to promote from the academy. When a young English player plays a few games in the Championship, he is worth £1m, £2m. He thinks you can make money easily.

“But at the same time, you will struggle to stay in the Championship if you don’t get players experienced at that level. And if you want players of that standard, you have to pay.

“When you buy a club, you have to go in thinking ‘I’m going to lose money’. If you go in with the purpose of making money, I think you will fail.

“At a club like Charlton, you can’t make money first and then have success. You need success, then you can start making money. Maybe I am wrong. We will see. But I think I will not be wrong.”

Yann Kermorgant - The League Paper 2014

You weren't wrong Yann.
  • Another misguided PR stunt.. Deary me
  • edited November 2015
    Learning/changing the plan or leaking rumours to look like that's the case?

Personally I wouldn't be surprised if we do bring in the right type of manager and a few decent loan signings. This isn't the first time we've looked doomed to relegation before something has changed and we've turned it around. If nothing changes it'll be 08/09 all over again.

Until it happens though it's hard to see us scoring a goal never mind get some sort of result.
  • Honestly, is KM/those in charge this fricking stupid!? Might aswell say we want Powell back - why not go full circle? We are embarassing
  • Pathetic effort from Mr Burns and Ms Mare.