Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Exclusive: Charlton Athletic keen on loan deal for former Valley favourite Yann Kermorgant - SLP

Comments

• edited November 2015

razil said:

Another misguided PR stunt.. Deary me

Easy to be cynical currently, I know. But I give you my guarantee you that this has not come from our end.
    Olly the relationship breakdown situation means that our belief isn't even hanging by a fingertip at the moment, we are only hanging on by a wart on the pinkie.
    Whatever you have been told you can't possibly make such a guarantee can you? Are you party to all the whispers in the night...all of them?
  • To be fair Bournemouth do owe us a favour after we looked after them so well and gifted them 3 points on the last day of last season.

We've been rolling over and giving clubs 3-0 walkovers for months now so its about time we started getting something back!
  • BIG MASSIVE SMOKE SCREEN.
  • MrLargo said:

Very excited about this. Think Kernorgant will link up really well with Chris 0'Grady and Max Gradel.

And on the end of crosses from James Henry....oh hang on....
  • I loved that French bloke we had playing for us.
    He seemed to embody everything about CAFC that I liked.

Love to see him back - but this is just another attempt to get fans like me back into the fold.

The loan move won't happen anyway - just another PR exercise like the Chelsea doctor/Jimmy Floyd/ etc etc.
  • seth plum said:

razil said:

Another misguided PR stunt.. Deary me

Easy to be cynical currently, I know. But I give you my guarantee you that this has not come from our end.
    Olly the relationship breakdown situation means that our belief isn't even hanging by a fingertip at the moment, we are only hanging on by a wart on the pinkie.
    Whatever you have been told you can't possibly make such a guarantee can you? Are you party to all the whispers in the night...all of them?
    Let's cut Olly a bit of slack Seth. He could have just stayed quiet.
    OK. I like Olly, and wouldn't wish to dig him out, which actually I haven't. But even if the whispers came from Dorset, and were not prompted by any chain involving agents, private calls and messages, masonic connections or whatever, it defies credibility that the hand of Rolmeire isn't in this.
    Sorry Olly, you are suffering like we all are, and I respect your freedom of speech.

• It's all slightly hypothetical anyway, seeing that it's 2 months to the January window, when anything could happen, by that stage we might not even NEED another striker, or alternatively Yann could be back in the Bournemouth team
  • Remind me - how tall is he ?
  • Sponsored links:

• The weakness of arrogant people in powerful positions is that they underestimate the intelligence of those they're trying to influence.
  • I can't work out if I'm being stupid or they are?
  • I can't work out if I'm being stupid or they are?

Let me absolutely assure you it's not you. It's they who are being stupid thinking we will believe this nonsense.
  • He could have but is doing his job firefighting, nothing personal
  • I wonder if there will ever be a window where we're not linked with Yann. In 2,000 years when we're competing in the galactic third division and our half Belgian half Neptunian owner isn't investing enough money and is only bringing in players with experience of the Southern Andromeda League and a manager who has only coached on planet Florp we'll still be linked with Yann's head in a jar. And he'll still be better than what we've got.

I think you've been watching too much Futurama.

Thing is, I don't blame you, even that is far more believable than some of the crap that comes out of the club.
  • They are thinking a little bit about putting in a loan offer for a player they won't get and that was wrongly sold against fan wishes in the first place?

Oh, well call off the hounds then, why would we ever protest? They are obviously fantastic owners.

• I think Yann would stick 2 fingers up at the club.
  • I wouldn't want Yann back in this mess even if it were remotely true.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's all slightly hypothetical anyway, seeing that it's 2 months to the January window, when anything could happen, by that stage we might not even NEED another striker, or alternatively Yann could be back in the Bournemouth team

Or in all likelihood it would be too little, too late anyway.
  • So someone working at the club is saying it's definitely Bournemouth creating this story, and someone else is a very close source saying both parties are on the same page...

Next we'll have an interview with YK saying he's not heard a thing and will be staying at Bournemouth.. lol
  • Why would he want to come back here after the way the club shoved him out of the door?

I'm not saying he will come back but I can see reasons why he might. Regular games at an age where he won't have too much more time. Returning hero syndrome. Everyone loves to be loved.

• Why would he want to come back here after the way the club shoved him out of the door?

Wants to play. Surplus to requirements. Hero worshipped here.

And has a property in Docklands

• edited November 2015
    Swisdom said:

Guess what - this has legs in it.

My source is as close as it gets

I repeat this is not a smokescreen. It's not nailed on but my understanding is that all parties are on the same page.

Shame it's a page from a fairy story.
  • The fans are being taken as mugs, I'm not buying it any more.
  • @Ollywozere ignore it mate.

People who don't work at the club clearly know a lot more than you do.
  • edited November 2015
    Swisdom said:

Guess what - this has legs in it.

My source is as close as it gets

I repeat this is not a smokescreen. It's not nailed on but my understanding is that all parties are on the same page.

"Out of turmoil comes change" -
    Me ;-)