Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Exclusive: Charlton Athletic keen on loan deal for former Valley favourite Yann Kermorgant - SLP

Comments

• shirty5 said:

“I think the only thing Duchatelet wants is to make money,” said the Frenchman, now in the Premier League with Bournemouth. “He doesn’t want to pull anything from his pocket.

“That is why he wants to promote from the academy. When a young English player plays a few games in the Championship, he is worth £1m, £2m. He thinks you can make money easily.

“But at the same time, you will struggle to stay in the Championship if you don’t get players experienced at that level. And if you want players of that standard, you have to pay.

“When you buy a club, you have to go in thinking ‘I’m going to lose money’. If you go in with the purpose of making money, I think you will fail.

“At a club like Charlton, you can’t make money first and then have success. You need success, then you can start making money. Maybe I am wrong. We will see. But I think I will not be wrong.”

Yann Kermorgant - The League Paper 2014

I remember whole heartedly agreeing with YK while others, not to name names, shot us agreeing with Yann down. Oh how right was he! I hope he goes on loan to a decent Championship side with the right ambitions.
  • Easy to be cynical after previous PR stunts..
  • No chance this will happen. It is just another way of keeping the natives subdued, the footballing equivalent of Valium. The we are going to appoint a British Manager with Championship experience is another one.
  • razil said:

Another misguided PR stunt.. Deary me

Easy to be cynical currently, I know. But I give you my guarantee you that this has not come from our end.
    It wouldn't come via the comms staff anyway.
    I'm not claiming it would. But I know for a fact this story has come out of Dorset, not South East London.
  • Wasn't there an attempt to loan Yann during the summer that never came off ? Perhaps this is just a natural follow up to that ?
  • razil said:

Another misguided PR stunt.. Deary me

Easy to be cynical currently, I know. But I give you my guarantee you that this has not come from our end.
    It wouldn't come via the comms staff anyway.
    I'm not claiming it would. But I know for a fact this story has come out of Dorset, not South East London.
    So you're denying it then?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2015
    Just ' convenient timing' then, and not going to happen anyway
  • As if anyone was ever going to believe this bollocks. After we lose today the club will have a whole 2 weeks to think of who else we can be linked with. I reckon they can get through Stephens, Poyet, Powell and maybe even Curbs in that time.
  • If RD was really interested in loans we would have seen a midfielder joining this week - this is just pure propaganda I'm afraid. If we lose today I suspect the next rumours to be that we are talking to Curbs/Chrissy Powell, Floyd and Harvey returning and a crèche in the Covered End.
  • Sponsored links:

• "A source on the south coast ..." So KM must have been topping up her tan on the beach at Bournemouth. Sounds horribly like a planted story to keep the natives a little less restless. I hope not ...
  • The point is that few have faith in the Board anymore, which is why 'PR' is so damaging and counterproductive, its credibility is damaged, like trying to manage meetings, etc it just gives the message the club thinks we are idiots. Hence the call for *genuine meaningful* dialogue, but its probably way too late.
  • Nothing in my local rag btw and not heard a sniff about this down here.
  • If only this was true .....

But let's face it, even if there was a only a shred of truth in it, it won't happen. Can anyone really see Yann waking up this morning, having finally reached the promised land with Bournemouth and just signed a new 2 year contract, rushing up to Eddie Howe and begging to be let return to this basket case of a club with a Chairman he has slagged off quite vehemently in the recent past.

Still maintain - and don't care what anyone else says - that selling Yann was one of the biggest mistakes, if not the biggest, these clowns have made.

Aside from every managerial appointment they've made since coming here, yeah I agree
  • It's the hope that kills.

I miss my man crush ❤️❤️❤️ Yann❤️❤️❤️
  • He would be stark raving bonkers to come back into this current team.
  • I wouldn't even be confident at this stage that one English-based member of the board knows what the other is doing.
  • If Yann plays for Roland then he's not half the man I think he is. Bullshit of the cheapest order.