Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Sheff Wed | Sat 07 Mov | 3pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• It is hard to see anything other than an absolute thumping here given our atrocious form and the fact that our emaciated and demoralised squad has been further weakened by the latest injuries. The team's position is compounded by having a totally unqualified 'Interim Coach' at the helm, although his job title is probably one of the most honest in football, given the average lifespan of Roland's appointments. As to the team, I agree that it would probably make sense to move Diarra into midfield but, in truth, I think we all know that we are clutching at straws.

The biggest home defeats that I've personally witnessed were the 0-5 at home to Leicester in 1970 and the rather freakish 1-6 game against Leeds in 2003. I fear that we could see something similar on Saturday if we concede early and Wednesday really go for it. They might well be inclined to do, given the two week international break and the presence of 3,200 of their supporters in the Jimmy Seed stand.

At least Saturday will provide us with an opportunity to make our feelings known to the Duchatelet regime. Even though the objectives and strategy of the campaign are still very fluid at this early stage, it is important to get the ball rolling, given that time is of the essence. As such, the opportunity to let RD and KM know what we think does serve to engender a real sense of purpose in terms of Saturday's game.
  • Sheffield Wednesday will only fail to win if a dodgy ref sends of two of their players for fighting each other after 15 minutes. Oh, that means also using all three sub's in the first five minutes, and then getting three injuries in the next five forcing those players off.
    In that scenario we might scrape a 0-0.
  • seth plum said:

Sheffield Wednesday will only fail to win if a dodgy ref sends of two of their players for fighting each other after 15 minutes. Oh, that means also using all three sub's in the first five minutes, and then getting three injuries in the next five forcing those players off.
    In that scenario we might scrape a 0-0.

Fighting over who gets the match ball after they both net hattricks, 0-6 after 15mins and we come back for a 6-6 dozen score draw? Loovly
  • DOUCHER said:

this could be the heaviest home defeat on record - its going to be an absolute shocker - looking forward to the protest and letting fraye know exactly what i think of his appointment - hopefully both will help contribute to the pressure needed to get in a proper manager, a proper squad and ideally a proper chief exec

And a proper chairman.
  • 0-4. Back in the pub watching jeff by 15:54pm GMT.
  • Can't see past a defeat given the form the Owls are in........
    0 - 2 by half time and a half empty ground as well.
  • Wednesday go in front early then watch us disintegrate, but if we go in level at half-time we'll be clinging on for dear life. Either way it will not be pretty.

The Covered End will be in good voice throughout, of that I am confident!
  • Deadly83 said:

Can't see past a defeat given the form the Owls are in........

Won't be that full when everyone has taken their seats
    No way 10k of Charlton there tomorrow
  • Deadly83 said:

Can't see past a defeat given the form the Owls are in........

Won't be that full when everyone has taken their seats
    No way 10k of Charlton there tomorrow
    You wait until Bolton on December 15th.
  • 1-0 win. Daylight robbery as Charlton score with their only shot of the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Henderson
    Solly Bauer Sarr Fox
    Diarra Ba Jackson
    Ghoochannejhad Makienok Moussa

Pope Bergdich Holmes-Dennis Ahearne-Grant Charles-Cook Lookman Watt

4-1 defeat, a Reza opener to give us false hope, with Selling reminding everyone on SSNHQ that his goal in the 32nd minute I'd the earliest we've scored in a league match this season, before a quickfire double from they're imported player that scored that great volley at the start of the season reminds us just how bollocks we are. 3 different out of work managers spotted in the stands, all 3 complete no hopers
  • 4-3-3

Henderson

Solly
    Bauer
    Sarr (or Diarra if Moussa plays in midfield)
    Bergdich

Ba
    Diarra (or Moussa if Diarra plays CB)
    Jackson

Reza
    Makienok
    Ahearne-Grant

• Exactly how long is "interim" ?

Wheels are well and truly off the bus. Formation is irrelevant as is the result. If we win or draw due to some minor miracle, Fraeye will stay and be hailed as a hero if we lose he might get shifted on a bit quicker to make place for another Belgian non-entity with a silly name.

Might as well appoint what's-her-name as Coach. She is completely inept as a Chief Executive, has no football management experience, is loyal to Roly and is from Belgium. Perfect qualifications and at least we would save on the payroll and on travel expenses.

Why have someone with a girl's name when we could have a real girl?
  • the good ship CAFC avoids another iceberg ..

CAFC 2 v Sheffield Wednesday 1
  • sam3110 said:

Henderson
    Solly Bauer Sarr Fox
    Diarra Ba Jackson
    Ghoochannejhad Makienok Moussa

Pope Bergdich Holmes-Dennis Ahearne-Grant Charles-Cook Lookman Watt

4-1 defeat, a Reza opener to give us false hope, with Selling reminding everyone on SSNHQ that his goal in the 32nd minute I'd the earliest we've scored in a league match this season, before a quickfire double from they're imported player that scored that great volley at the start of the season reminds us just how bollocks we are. 3 different out of work managers spotted in the stands, all 3 complete no hopers

We've scored a goal,we've scored a goal, we've scored a goal, (to the tune of everywhere we go). Tbh that will be sarcastically sung by some when we score.
  • edited November 2015
    What are the words to the "Everywhere we go" song?
  • What are the words to the "Everywhere we go" song?

We're the Charlton boys making all the noise every where we go. That one.
  • What are the words to the "Everywhere we go" song?

We're the Charlton boys making all the noise every where we go. That one.
    Cheers... I always thought those lines were sung but "Everywhere we go" always sounded like "Wakey Wakey boys"
  • Jesus Christ what sort of message are we sending out to the players? Saying we're gonna get stuffed? What's that gonna do for their already rock bottom confidence? Not a blooming lot. When that first whistle goes we have to be behind our lads on the pitch and at least help them give them a chance.
  • Our best hope is that Sheffield Wednesday are shocked by how bad we are and descend to our level. A slim hope, but as good as it gets.
  • Sponsored links:

• Exactly how long is "interim" ?

Defined as - provisional, temporary, pro tem, stopgap, short-term, fill-in, caretaker, acting, intervening, transitional, changeover, make-do, makeshift, improvised, impromptu, emergency; pro tempore, ad interim; rareprovisory, provisionary.

In the Katrien Meire Dictionary it is defined as : long-term, cheap, subservient, Belgian,
  • Our best hope is that the Sheffield Wednesday players all get put off their game by laughing at how terrible we are and only score five. Christian Cebellos ought to give our players tips on how to take corners which we then use at kick offs and goal kicks and throw ins.
    At least there will be some players on the Valley pitch with smiles on their faces eh Karel?
  • Can't see us getting anything other than tonked tomorrow. 0-3
  • Nailed on defeat . if we can keep it under 4 goals that will be a result.

0-5

I think it will be a result whatever the scoreline is
  • Charlton 0 Sheff Wed 4
  • Henderson to play a blinder. Charlton to lose 5-0.
  • Can anyone figure out why Wednesday are evens ? Surely that's easy money (not that I'd ever bet against us of course)
  • DOUCHER said:

this could be the heaviest home defeat on record - its going to be an absolute shocker - looking forward to the protest and letting fraye know exactly what i think of his appointment - hopefully both will help contribute to the pressure needed to get in a proper manager, a proper squad and ideally a proper chief exec

I still remember (slightly) the heavy defeat by Aston Villa, was it 1-9 or 1-11, believe it or not, I stayed until the end.
  • Jesus Christ what sort of message are we sending out to the players? Saying we're gonna get stuffed? What's that gonna do for their already rock bottom confidence? Not a blooming lot. When that first whistle goes we have to be behind our lads on the pitch and at least help them give them a chance.

Maybe the players will read all these comments and set out to prove us all wrong.