Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MkDonald's v Charlton - Post Match Thread

123457»

Comments

• In the end it's another loss which is just making the hole bigger. I see absolutely no point in going to the KM/RM meeting why? because Rolands plans for the club are "What he fancies doing next" so I doubt those two even know what exactly he has in mind.

For the first time since I can remember I am staying away Saturday just because I don't want to go....no other reason.
  • Sorry to hear that Southbank seems like you and me have similar histories and arrived at the same place.
  • Southbank said:

I never stopped going when we went in to division 3 in the 70s.
    I never stopped going when we went to Selhurst
    I never stopped going when we were in our relegation year in the premiership
    or when we got relegated to division 3 with Parkinson
    or when we stayed in that division for 3 years.
    But I , and my 3 kids, are not going now. The club has been gutted from top to bottom and there can only be worse to come until there is a new owner.

You should let your kids make those decisions. If they still want to go they want to go. If don't want to go fine but don't deny you kids if they really want to. JS!
  • Southbank said:

But I , and my 3 kids, are not going now. The club has been gutted from top to bottom and there can only be worse to come until there is a new owner.

You should let your kids make those decisions. If they still want to go they want to go. If don't want to go fine but don't deny you kids if they really want to. JS!
    Couldn't agree more,

you must lets your kids make up their own mind ?

Now their in their 30's :neutral:

• Southbank said:

Southbank said:

The kids have already stopped. This is the worst thing about the RD regime,it will choke off a new generation of supporters whose mates support Chelsea and Man U. Once lost they are unlikely to come back.
    They will if we become successful again, whether under RD or someone else.
  • Southbank said:

Southbank said:

The kids have already stopped. This is the worst thing about the RD regime,it will choke off a new generation of supporters whose mates support Chelsea and Man U. Once lost they are unlikely to come back.
    Fair enough
  • Southbank said:

Southbank said:

Echo your thoughts and along with West Ham days in a similar boat

A massive amount of work went into raising the fan base from the 70's and with the rise in local teams such as Bromley, Welling (again), Dartford, Maidstone, Ebbsfleet kids also want to see attractive successful football so there is further danger that Dads and Mums will take their kids off to a cheaper yet ultimately happier club. With Cray Wanderers and Greenwich Borough looking to get new grounds loyalties will be further challenged. It maybe 50 here or a 100 there but with friends, families the new (ish) owners will soon understand that it will be difficult to retain them ( New Generation) .

• The "Highlights" vid on the CAFC Youtube channel shows no attacks or efforts by Charlton. Gotta laugh.
  • Sponsored links:

• DRAddick said:

The "Highlights" vid on the CAFC Youtube channel shows no attacks or efforts by Charlton. Gotta laugh.

Sky do
  • DRAddick said:

The "Highlights" vid on the CAFC Youtube channel shows no attacks or efforts by Charlton. Gotta laugh.

Sky do
    Think you missed my point. It's the CAFC channel and even they're embarrased by our efforts in the game.
  • DRAddick said:

DRAddick said:

Sky do
    Think you missed my point. It's the CAFC channel and even they're embarrased by our efforts in the game.
    Suspect it's not their edit. They've got a programme to get out.
  • DRAddick said:

DRAddick said:

Sky do
    It's the FL channels edit.
    Rob said:

I could see the writing on the wall after the Rotherham, Huddersfield and Blackburn games. I did my yearly pilgimage from California, in September this time. I always arrange my trip around Charlton games and I like to take in a couple of aways if possible. Through thick and thin I've done this for years. And I've always been positive about Charlton, me being a natural optimist. However, this time it was different. I could just see in those games that things were different. Different than I've ever seen before. That is the first time I've ever felt disinterested in Charlton because it just felt wrong. From the lunatic on the sidelines to the general apathy of the players. Everything just felt dead. And it depressed me and, to be honest, spoiled my trip back a bit which I always so enjoy. I remember thinking before the Blackburn game that I was crazy going all the way up there when I was flying out from Heathrow early the following morning. I could have spent it with members of my family who I won't see for another year. But, I went anyway, and it was a waste of time from a Charlton perspective and that's the first time I've ever felt like that. The only saving grace was that I went with my eldest son and brother and we did have a laugh, a few beers and a great mixed grill at a Beefeater (which you just can't get over here).

I went to my first game as a real nipper in 1961 and since then I have absolutely adored this club. Everything about it. The red shirts. The green grass at the Valley. Walking up from the station or down through the park to get to the ground. The old club shop where I could always pick up old programs. Everything. It just always felt special and different. Even this time, between the Huddersfield and Blackburn games, I spent half a day at the Valley on a cold Wednesday just walking around the ground, taking pictures of Sam Bartram's statue, Don Welsh with the cup in 1947, Stuart Leary at the Valley in 1957, Back to the Valley in 1992, Killer Hales in 1976, that 2012 promotion squad with Chrissy Powell, and Sasa and Clive doing their nuts in at Wembley in 1998. I even took pictures of the local roadsigns - Floyd Road, Sam Bartram Close, Lansdowne Mews - just so I had something to gaze at now and again from over here. Even an exotic picture of Charlton Lane FFS and the 'Welcome to the Charlton Athletic MUSEUM Third Floor' sign.

Now, I feel I'm losing all that. I would never support another club and Charlton will always be my team but we are being destroyed by a bunch of Belgians who appear to know nothing about the game.

I ask you. Without being too jingoistic but what has Belgium ever done on the World stage? And now we are being subjected to a Belgian owner who likely has a deep down inferiority complex, but one who does have the money to ruin an English football club. And whether that is intentional or not I don't know but his arrogance shows no bounds.

Roland and Katrien, whatever your names are, I hope you read this and are proud of yourselves. You should actually be ashamed.

I'll reiterate, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Excellent post Rob, great read, thanks.

Have you tried sending it to KM via email? It may just tug on her heart strings!!!! (PS: On second thoughts though).
  • Just realised there was no Moussa.

Too much game time when not fully fit resulting in another injury I wonder.
  • Nicholas said:

Just realised there was no Moussa.

He played last night against Cray, in the Kent Cup so is still getting back after 10 months out.

• Any news re; JBG and Cousins? JBG's injury looked a bit grim.
  • edited November 2015
    thai malaysia addick Member

11:59AM

Average team mark on the rise for the 3rd consecutive game. A good sign? OK, maybe not. ..

This was asked on the 'stats' thread .. IF IF we'd started with the side that ended the match we might well have got a point or two, even THREE .. we might even have scored .. Let's hope Herr Mynheer Fry can select consistently after our bad run of injuries and f f s turn this Titanic like form around afore we hit the berg and split assunder
  • Nicholas said:

Just realised there was no Moussa.

Played yesterday for the U21s in the Kent Senior Cup against Cray
  • Sponsored links:

Rob said:

I could see the writing on the wall after the Rotherham, Huddersfield and Blackburn games. I did my yearly pilgimage from California, in September this time. I always arrange my trip around Charlton games and I like to take in a couple of aways if possible. Through thick and thin I've done this for years. And I've always been positive about Charlton, me being a natural optimist. However, this time it was different. I could just see in those games that things were different. Different than I've ever seen before. That is the first time I've ever felt disinterested in Charlton because it just felt wrong. From the lunatic on the sidelines to the general apathy of the players. Everything just felt dead. And it depressed me and, to be honest, spoiled my trip back a bit which I always so enjoy. I remember thinking before the Blackburn game that I was crazy going all the way up there when I was flying out from Heathrow early the following morning. I could have spent it with members of my family who I won't see for another year. But, I went anyway, and it was a waste of time from a Charlton perspective and that's the first time I've ever felt like that. The only saving grace was that I went with my eldest son and brother and we did have a laugh, a few beers and a great mixed grill at a Beefeater (which you just can't get over here).

I went to my first game as a real nipper in 1961 and since then I have absolutely adored this club. Everything about it. The red shirts. The green grass at the Valley. Walking up from the station or down through the park to get to the ground. The old club shop where I could always pick up old programs. Everything. It just always felt special and different. Even this time, between the Huddersfield and Blackburn games, I spent half a day at the Valley on a cold Wednesday just walking around the ground, taking pictures of Sam Bartram's statue, Don Welsh with the cup in 1947, Stuart Leary at the Valley in 1957, Back to the Valley in 1992, Killer Hales in 1976, that 2012 promotion squad with Chrissy Powell, and Sasa and Clive doing their nuts in at Wembley in 1998. I even took pictures of the local roadsigns - Floyd Road, Sam Bartram Close, Lansdowne Mews - just so I had something to gaze at now and again from over here. Even an exotic picture of Charlton Lane FFS and the 'Welcome to the Charlton Athletic MUSEUM Third Floor' sign.

Now, I feel I'm losing all that. I would never support another club and Charlton will always be my team but we are being destroyed by a bunch of Belgians who appear to know nothing about the game.

I ask you. Without being too jingoistic but what has Belgium ever done on the World stage? And now we are being subjected to a Belgian owner who likely has a deep down inferiority complex, but one who does have the money to ruin an English football club. And whether that is intentional or not I don't know but his arrogance shows no bounds.

Roland and Katrien, whatever your names are, I hope you read this and are proud of yourselves. You should actually be ashamed.

I'll reiterate, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Excellent post Rob, great read, thanks.

Have you tried sending it to KM via email? It may just tug on her heart strings!!!! (PS: On second thoughts though).
    Thanks @bazjonster. I was thinking of that. Hmmm. Food for thought.

• What is her email?
  • edited November 2015
    No sense of community =no team worth supporting.

It's been a blast, sugartits.