Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MkDonald's v Charlton - Post Match Thread

Comments

• Going to stay away from mk dons being a bad team and concentrate on us, although churches misses were probably the highlight of the night.
    Devoid of ideas, no fighting spirit, never looked like scoring. Looked like a table football team in defence, they got so many opportunities to walk through and score. Goal was far too easy.
    Euell seemed to be in charge of giving out tactical orders. Solly worked hard first half but other than that I didn't see anything positive.
    I was sat with the home fans, right on the half way line so pretty embarassing seeing us playing so badly. Only good thing there was that I got a few choice words in Karel's ear as he went down the tunnel. Pretty sad, but let some steam off. Really don't feel like going again any time soon. Sad state of affairs, never felt so negative about the team. Where do we go from here
  • I have supported this club through thick and thin...always full of hope and expectation.....tonight for the first time in 55 years my hope has gone, a bloke from Belgium that I had never heard of before in 18 short months has destroyed my club. How can this have happened? When you look at our history and what we have been through over the years, we have an egomaniac now single-handedly destroying our club. Well Roland fucking Dutchlete well done for ruining the last throws of a once proud club....PLEASE PLEASE if you wont go...get a BRITISH manager in who knows what he is doing....are you just plain stupid?

The worrying thing is that I think he KNOWS exactly what he is doing.
    Which is what ?
  • To think we gave Michael Morrison away for nothing.... Well, if can get Igor fit and motivated that would help, other than that I don't know. Perhaps play 5-4-1 and try and get a nil-nil somewhere.
  • One of the gruesome twosomes first statements was that "it doesn't really matter which division you are in" so don't expect any action from upstairs. For all the talk about managers (and this bloke is pretty underwhelming), there isn't enough quality in the squad, which has been the case since the summer. We've been clinging onto the fact that our first XI is competitive, which is currently looking debatable, trouble is there are 23 other teams who can say the same and appear to have a bit more in the locker.

My only consolation is that by turning up on saturday, the fact that I'll be 55 this week will in some small way piss off the powers that be. If so, fucking good job.

• I don't think I've ever hated anybody as much as i hate that lying, conniving, two faced, back stabbing arrogant bitch in the boardroom as much as I hate Pinocchio.
  • Is Karel a robot produced in one of Roland's microchip factories? The bloke has come out after two games to face the media and said exactly the same things.

We played well until the first goal went in apparently. Brilliant insight. If only games lasted just short of when the first goal went in... we might scrape 46 points. :-)
  • I don't think I've ever hated anybody as much as i hate that lying, conniving, two faced, back stabbing arrogant bitch in the boardroom as much as I hate Pinocchio.

She is Pinocchio isn't she ?

This is hard to keep up with.
  • Sounded like the previous 10 games. God knows what they are doing in training.

Relegated by March I reckon. Our squad will be hopeless in a relegation fight...
  • Sponsored links:

• This is honestly making me depressed, we are a complete joke from top to bottom. For a while i've thought at least things can't get worse... well they do don't they? Saturday has 3 nil wednesday written all over it.
  • Okay, not sure about this, but.....
    In the pre-match thread I got the impression there was a bit of hope, Solly, JJ,, Fox, Cousins. ..?
    Sorry, but surely, they all are part of this?
  • This is honestly making me depressed, we are a complete joke from top to bottom. For a while i've thought at least things can't get worse... well they do don't they? Saturday has 3 nil wednesday written all over it.

Optimist.

• edited November 2015

I don't think I've ever hated anybody as much as i hate that lying, conniving, two faced, back stabbing arrogant bitch in the boardroom as much as I hate Pinocchio.

• edited November 2015
  • Depressing. Another chance for 3 points surrendered tamely by the sounds of it. We look so bleeding awful at the moment but then I think back to Hull and QPR, there is potential there just very very well hidden.

A UK manager immediately is required, but realistically who would take the job. Someone like JFH is probably who we need as his playing career would be known by the entire team and would command respect immediately.

Is the loan window still open? It just beggars belief we have not dipped more into it, a short period of higher wages to starve off relegation is surely a wise investment by anyone's book?
  • Uboat said:

Walk away. Come back once a year to see if Duchatelet is still there.

Not if you keep that bloody profile picture! It's rubbing it in my boat race!!!
  • Hating life as a charlton supporter right now.
  • Sponsored links:

• I watched that crap tonight. No clue, no hope.
    We were resorting to hoofball in the first half, as for their goal, looked like a training ground effort.
    Diarra I thought was our best player tonight. Lookman made a lively start, but you can see how raw he is.
    MK Dons could have scored more and yet they weren't all that.

It's looking awful.
  • Fraeye on if any additions are needed to the squad: 'when it's needed, it's needed'.
  • Soz for the venting of steam then. Hated seeing my boy getting bullied cos of this shit.

That is on Roland and Katriens shoulders - as if they give a toss.
  • edited November 2015
    Look(man)ing on the bright side .. Lookman had a decent debut, he's small, sharp and pacey .. BigMak is back, Watt looked better when withdrawn back into the 'number 10 role' in the second half .. our centre backs and Henderson looked better the longer the game went on .. BUT .. where oh where is the next goal coming from ?

Last points for the time being .. their goal should not have stood .. Maynard, not the scorer was offside when the scorer received the ball, Henderson was watching Maynard and not the striker/scorer .. clutching at straws, we are bad BUT nothing is going our way .. second game on the trot we've had five booked and we really can't fight our way out of the proverbial wet paper bag
  • 244 at Boro, I presume to see a new ground.

Any ideas on the turnout for MkD tonight?

Jose Semedo, not good enough when offloaded 08/09 returning to teach us a lesson.

• Oh really he'll sell at a loss when we go down and not before. Don't forget we have a pitch that's the envy of the division and new red seats

We have a load of promising league 1 players who are under 20. We had a manager who could construct a good team out of the 11 players he had good enough for the championship.

Unfortunately we also spent money on Ba, Bergdych, Mcaleney and sarr. None of these players have ever impressed me in a game.

Kashi who looked promising for a certain set up and Makienok (who needs to work hard to save my 10 goal in the season bet) as well as the pre-mr lover man Vetokele and the occasionally exciting but currently no chant Tony watt watt watt are all sadly not delivering.

I remember seeing them play together, in formation with speed skill and desire. But not recently.

New manager before the international break would be good. Please not Malkcy Mackay.
  • I have no doubt that unless we get a manager who knows this league , we are going down and probably with a record low points tally.
    What i saw tonight was a team bereft of ideas or desire .They looked totally unfit . (Watt was walking around like an old man with a severe back problem and gammy hips)
    MK Dons were awful too but they won't get an easier game than they had tonight.

We never at any stage looked like scoring.

This isn't the worst Charlton team i have ever seen it's just playing like the worst Charlton team i've ever seen.

Wednesday will rip us a new one on Saturday.

Something has to change and quickly.