Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MkDonald's v Charlton - Post Match Thread

Comments

• If we win our next game or should I say when, we will still not be out of the relegation zone. Christ.
  • I've got an idea. How about we all get behind the team in Saturday and then when they are running with pace and confidence we will stuff the owls.

Well I'm going to try anyway. Although I'd rather not have to watch fox play.
  • Listened on player.
    The number of times Terry Smith said the balls pumped forward to Watt who is running in the wrong direction or is offside became tedious.
    Makes me wonder what they do on the training ground
    Lack of a creative midfield player. Oh how we miss Buyens and Freddy.
    Tonight’s injuries will again expose our lack of quality cover.
    Future looks bleak.
  • I see the boy from Everton has got top marks again in the player marks thread. Whoever scouts these players needs shooting.
  • Nicholas said:

I see the boy from Everton has got top marks again in the player marks thread. Whoever scouts these players needs shooting.

I have a feeling that might be our current interim head coach...
  • I would just like to thank the owners for providing such a pleasant evening.
  • Uboat said:

I must be getting paranoid, but I am seriously starting to wonder if there is something sinister behind what Roland is doing. There can't be, can there? He's just a twat, doing a bad job of running a football club. Breathe.

There is, the prat, I reckon, want to sell the Valley and make a fortune, and have a small conference club playing on Charlton park!!
    That must be part of the plan, bring the quality of the team down to match the quality of the new interim manager
  • Football aside. The stewards at MK were great , really friendly and helpful ( we could take a leaf out of their book) but i hated it in the top tier. I much prefer it behind the goal.
    Love that stadium but it's still like a bloody morgue.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2015
    Had a shite day at work and went out for a few beers after work to de-stress with colleagues. Completely forgot the game was on until I got hime and checked this site and then wasn't surprised when I went through the match thread and equally just felt "meh" when I found out the result. Says a lot really.
    So glad I'm working Saturday and can't make the game.
  • when we score that goal I am going to be celebrating like its fucking VE Day
  • we are worse than hitler

he was better at playing with a ball...
  • Just got back - very poor tonight although second half was more spirited. That said we created no clear cut chances. Watt had a few decent attempts but probably should have passed rather than shoot. MK Dons awful, we were worse. No way was there 9000 in the ground. Little sick of Big Mak's post match behaviour. If he cared as much as he makes out, perhaps he could put a bit more effort in when he comes on. Perhaps harsh if he's not fit enough to be out there. Fox shocking tonight.
  • Had it not been for several goods saves from Henderson and some good work from Diarra this would have been 4 or 5 nil. That doesn't take into account a couple of missed open chances by MK. Remember they had not scored for 3 games!
    How can quality players like Solly suddenly look so poor?
    We need leadership and this manager is clearly out of his depth. Although I don't see anything changing before January.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2015
    Waste of an afternoon/evening in MK, but I have only myself to blame to believe that we would get a win against a side as bad as us.

Alas not. I have just witnessed two of the three relegated sides to League one next season. A dire game, a dire Charlton performance with Robbie Rotten as our interim manager. On that performance, Rotten will be permanent head coach in Crazy M. Roly's mad mind before Saturday's home game.

Apparently that was a lot better than the Boro game. The samaritans must have been busy last Sunday ;-)
  • Football aside. The stewards at MK were great , really friendly and helpful ( we could take a leaf out of their book) but i hated it in the top tier. I much prefer it behind the goal.
    Love that stadium but it's still like a bloody morgue.

It's just getting you acclimatised to what the Valley will be like after another couple of years of Roland
  • The fact we haven't scored in 5 means we have equaled a record that has stood since 1922

fucking hitler was alive then

and Stalin .. AND Dixie Dean, Stan Matthews and Jimmy Seed
  • According to Fraeye

"I'm concerned with the lack of chances we created, but the Dons only created their chances after we took a lot of risks and we gave them a lot of space. We need to get a win as soon as possible to turn this bad run around. It's not about me, my concern is the team and I think there are other concerns at this moment."

What risks? Certainly not ones involving gung-ho attacking football. And it's not as if they scored late on, it was after 29 minutes. Must have been a different game I was following. And if one concern is the team "and there are other concerns at the moment" it would be helpful to know what they are.
  • A terrible performance tonight, I was prepared to excuse the Boro performance as we always lose to them, but tonight of all games was one we had to win.
    Diarra played well in firefighting mode, Henderson made a few good saves, Reza at least tried a bit, and Lookman had a decent debut, but other than that terrible. The Concrete Cow ale was nice too.

The only consolation, and this is me being very optimistic, is that Katrien, assuming she has some semblance of honesty and care for the well being of the club, rings RD tonight and tells him that Fraeye isn't the answer, and that he allows her and RM to find an experienced manager to organise these players, motivate them and get them fit, hopefully topped up with a couple of loan players, as we desperately need something to happen to turn our season around
  • One thing is for certain, we will not get out of this using kids. Its experienced heads we need & having a bench with Lookman, KAG & Holmes-Dennis only means one thing. RELEGATION.
  • Performance of the powderpuff variety against a (just) slightly less inept team. Aimless punts up field into emptiness reminiscent of Sunday league stuff; misplaced passes and a lack of any invention. Ten minutes 'rallying' in the second half got the hopes up slightly but it was sadly just woeful.

McAleny needs to be packed back off to Goodison with his bag of toffees; Reza needs to spend as much time concentrating on his game as he does trying to con the ref with his pitiful diving (he is so out of his depth, even at this level); Watt needs to buy a dose of positive attitude. I could go on etc etc..........

Any positives? Diarra maybe as he put himself about a bit. Henderson again; Ahearne Grant and Lookman when they came on.

It's just desperate quite frankly.

PS: Had a good daytime visit to Bletchley Park though which was worth the trip. Was hoping to find a Belgian code breaking machine to send a f*** off message to Brussels - sadly no luck!
  • Performance of the powderpuff variety against a (just) slightly less inept team. Aimless punts up field into emptiness reminiscent of Sunday league stuff; misplaced passes and a lack of any invention. Ten minutes 'rallying' in the second half got the hopes up slightly but it was sadly just woeful.

McAleny needs to be packed back off to Goodison with his bag of toffees; Reza needs to spend as much time concentrating on his game as he does trying to con the ref with his pitiful diving (he is so out of his depth, even at this level); Watt needs to buy a dose of positive attitude. I could go on etc etc..........

Any positives? Diarra maybe as he put himself about a bit. Henderson again; Ahearne Grant and Lookman when they came on.

It's just desperate quite frankly.

PS: Had a good daytime visit to Bletchley Park though which was worth the trip. Was hoping to find a Belgian code breaking machine to send a f*** off message to Brussels - sadly no luck!

I enjoyed the sites of Milton Keynes, which didn't take long, before going off to historical Stony Stratford, allegedly origin of the phrase Cock and Bull (the historic Cock Inn and Bull Inn are very near each other)

Cock and Bull seems quite appropriate for what comes out of the club these days...