Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MkDonald's v Charlton - Post Match Thread

Comments

• Don't worry guys - Sheff Wednesday haven't lost in 11 matches, winning 11 of these including thumping Arsenal..

Easy, easy!
  • edited November 2015
    jamescafc said:

Just got back - very poor tonight although second half was more spirited. That said we created no clear cut chances. Watt had a few decent attempts but probably should have passed rather than shoot. MK Dons awful, we were worse. No way was there 9000 in the ground. Little sick of Big Mak's post match behaviour. If he cared as much as he makes out, perhaps he could put a bit more effort in when he comes on. Perhaps harsh if he's not fit enough to be out there. Fox shocking tonight.

Out of curiosity, what was his demeanour after the final whistle?
  • jamescafc said:

Just got back - very poor tonight although second half was more spirited. That said we created no clear cut chances. Watt had a few decent attempts but probably should have passed rather than shoot. MK Dons awful, we were worse. No way was there 9000 in the ground. Little sick of Big Mak's post match behaviour. If he cared as much as he makes out, perhaps he could put a bit more effort in when he comes on. Perhaps harsh if he's not fit enough to be out there. Fox shocking tonight.

Out of curiosity, what was his demeanour after the final whistle?
    He flaked out in the centre circle again
  • Have to say i knew the game was on, but didn't look for score until i arrived at work at 10pm. Saw the result and just thought, it's just another loss. For first time apathy is setting in. I have no expectation other than to lose every game we play right now. I don't even know if i'm angry or just numb! I'm starting to feel like i just want putting out of my misery and the end of the season can't come soon enough, with the enevitable relegation that has to be odds on by now.
    As for Belguim, the only positive i can think of that came out of that country is an icing topped bun i'm currently consoling myself with.

We're starting to make the shenanigans at Leeds look like a stable Arsenal-esqe club. We're offically a joke with no punch line just a punch in the stomach.

Roland, I hope you lose every penny you spent on our club. Please just go and never darken our door again.
  • I've never seen the front page of the post-match thread look so desperate and apathetic. We lost. We expected to lose. That's how it came across and that's how I feel as well. And this against the mighty MK Dons!

As for Ms Fry's post match comments, the less said the better. He is as out of his depth as the owner and the CEO.

Sad. Even under Les Reed, even in the last relegation season, there seemed to be some hope. But this time round it really does appear different.
  • Robbie Rotten , like that one Shirty , the kids used to watch that

100% Relegated
  • Sponsored links:

• The app I use to check scores and stats had the possession as Charlton 1% MK Dons 99%.

And I believed it!
  • The only way this will ever improve is with a fan buy out of the club. How do we go about making it happen?
  • Perhaps things have to get really bad before anything changes .... like relegation and we start again. I have not given up hope but have very little expectation. I will still go to home games and some aways but this is more out of solidarity and commitment than anything to do with enjoyment. In fact people talk to each other more at the ground when things are this dire and that is the one positive I can take. We may as well be playing the Under 21's and getting them some experience.
  • Frankly I'm looking forward to having the 3rd smallest budget in League One too
  • New Interim Manager same old problem, persisting with 4.4.2 and getting over run in midfield and unable to create anything, they cut through us like a training exercise for the goal. Surely we need to go 4.5.1 and compete in the middle to give ourselves a chance
  • New Interim Manager same old problem, persisting with 4.4.2 and getting over run in midfield and unable to create anything, they cut through us like a training exercise for the goal. Surely we need to go 4.5.1 and compete in the middle to give ourselves a chance

Our problems go much deeper than just formations. That team didn't want it last night.
  • edited November 2015

Lifeless, clueless, nothing up front and Fraeye couldn't or wouldn't even come over to acknowledge the supporters.

Reza, what point is someone trying to prove?.

RD told Powell who to play, putting players in the shop window. The arrogant tosser won't have changed in 20 months, especially now he has his favourite Belgian 3rd tier stooge in place.

• As if it comes as a surprise, but last night confirmed Fraeye brings absolutely nothing to the club.
  • Let's send all first team players out on loan to league one to prepare for next season and play the under 21s
  • Sponsored links:

• That was honestly one of the worst matches I've ever seen. Nice stadium though, look forward to to visiting it again next season...
  • edited November 2015
    MK Dons were better than us last night but not by that much. It was two pretty poor teams out there. Our quality on the ball was fairly non-existent apart from a great turn by Ahearne-Grant and a couple of moments from Lookman. There were a couple of promising moves which were ruined by an over-hit through ball (EG one big chance for Fox to slide Watt in 1st half) but the lack of confidence has ruined the ability to do the most simple things.

In terms of players only, on last night's evidence (and I understand that players often look bad because the bloke playing next to them has dropped them in it...) we ought to be looking for a new left-back, a new left midfielder, two new centre-midfielders and a new right winger to allow JBG to play centrally in midfield in a 4-3-3.

We hear a lot about signing players with Championship experience. Well, we've got four that have got plenty of that (Solly, Jackson, Fox, Cousins) but last night they looked League One standard on the ball. They and the others need to up their game or be moved on. Let's hope they up their game.

Despite that, when looking at players, I'm prepared to take any positives out of any situation, so it should be said that Henderson, Diarra, Ahearne-Grant (on the left and right) and Lookman (on the right) all looked ok. As the game wore on, Diarra got stronger and looked more like the player from the QPR and Hull games. In the case of Lookman, it was a decent cameo and gave a glance at what he might become as he develops. I just wish Ahearne-Grant had had a shot when he got space in the area 2nd half but instead took a couple of chances and got closed out. The main plus was Henderson. He's just a really good goalie and it's good to have him back.

I know we're crap but it was sad to see us trying to get a something out of the game late on, with ten men, Jackson almost gone and Watt struggling with a knock. Losing Gudmonsson was/is a major blow because despite being totally out of form, he's a must in this team.

Lastly, I know it's a weird place and MK are a weird club, but that stadium is superb.

• The Concrete Cow ale was nice

This was truly the highlight of the night for me and a shame I was driving otherwise I might have drowned myself in a few.

Our problems go much deeper than just formations. That team didn't want it last night.
    I agree with you but I also hoped that a new manager albeit interim might at least try something to make a difference rather than carry on blindly
  • We bmust accept that the players are not goodenough, which is the fault of Roland and the coach for bringing in or holding onto poor players without the skills to play football. Just look at how poor are tackling is in midfield we hardly ever stap an attack there.
  • Sad, sad days........almost a R.I.P.......but we're still breathing....
  • Sounded like the previous 10 games. God knows what they are doing in training.

Relegated by March I reckon. Our squad will be hopeless in a relegation fight...

Worrying. They genuinely don't look coached. Honestly seen Sunday league teams with more of a game plan.
  • OH, and when you see the goal... absolutely pathetic. Made MK Dons look like Manchester City. If we dont appoint a proper manager before Saturday then that may be the day when I start my indefinite break. Not worth my time at the moment.
  • Whats happened to Oliver Muldoon...?

With all the youngsters appearing for the First Team, our Midfield seriously needs something different but you don't see Oliver's name either for the U21s or mentioned as being part of the First Team, maybe we should give him a chance? (Especially if Cousins is now injured)
  • Whats happened to Oliver Muldoon...?

With all the youngsters appearing for the First Team, our Midfield seriously needs something different but you don't see Oliver's name either for the U21s or mentioned as being part of the First Team, maybe we should give him a chance? (Especially if Cousins is now injured)

The academy players are not the answer. It's unfair to be placing the weight on their shoulders this early. Lookman looked like a really exciting player when he came on, but within a few minutes he looked just as demoralised as the rest of them.