Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Plans to turn the Club shop into flats?

123457»

Comments

• Swisdom said:

Don't bite my head of everyone - I love the Valley. I know it's our home and everything......

But is moving to a new all seater stadium that might just be slightly easier to get to and from really the end of the world?

Easier from where? presumably your home?

• cafc999 said:

Could this be a false story 'put out there' so that it will get 'answered' by Katrien and Murray next week..??

In other words - a dead cat strategy. Stranger things have happened...
  • cafc1263 said:

vff said:

Swisdom said:

Don't bite my head of everyone - I love the Valley. I know it's our home and everything......

But is moving to a new all seater stadium that might just be slightly easier to get to and from really the end of the world?

I would be OK moving from the Valley and a state of the art stadium owned by Charlton with good transport links. It would be good for the club. The problem is that if Duchatelet has anything to do with it, Staprix will own the stadium and Charlton would have to pay rent. I understand that there is a similar arrangement at one of this other clubs. I can also see a lot of the money from the sale of the ground disappearing into his own pocket. Duchatelet is not to be trusted.
    We're in a decent stadium, owned by Charlton, with good transport links now and our ground means more to the club and fans that any club in the Country. I would not be okay with it - that would be a tipping point for me.
    This is what it's all been about whoever bought the club 2 years ago.
    Except that it doesn't and never has stacked up financially and certainly wouldn't without Premier League football.
    A ground that just wouldn't be used for just football , big advertisement in a prime location bigger investors in the club.
  • Selling the club shop is not the worst idea I've heard. Never liked the location and size of it. I also don't know why we don't have a kiosk inside the ground as I'd certainly be more inclined to buy something than walk round to the shop.

A new stadium though I do not get. Roland is supposedly investing x amount of millions for the training ground. A new stadium also won't be cheap. Yet he constantly under resources the fundamental part of a football club in the playing and coaching staff. Weird.
  • The story doesn't stack up.

Fitting four flats in that space would be difficult and not in keeping with the surrounding area. Parking would also be required plus the need to get the opposition team coach into the parking space under the stand.
  • Utter disaster ... The frustration and pain... I hope this meeting is videoed and someone makes there feelings absolutely clear...

I am furious as we all seem to be.. Utter shambles ... Lies deception ... Are we going to get a clearer insight, no of course we won't... Are the crowds going to continue to dwindle,absolutely...

Are we going to get relegated far more likely than not ...

Is this bloke a f-ingmoron ... Definitely ...

Could we find him and then with some bats and some bricks , explain it to him...absolutely ...

A dark time for the club one that will get much darker over time ...

Time to make sure -Meire knows she is no longer welcome at the valley ...
  • mascot88 said:

Utter disaster ... The frustration and pain... I hope this meeting is videoed and someone makes there feelings absolutely clear...

I am furious as we all seem to be.. Utter shambles ... Lies deception ... Are we going to get a clearer insight, no of course we won't... Are the crowds going to continue to dwindle,absolutely...

Are we going to get relegated far more likely than not ...

Is this bloke a f-ingmoron ... Definitely ...

Could we find him and then with some bats and some bricks , explain it to him...absolutely ...

A dark time for the club one that will get much darker over time ...

This.
  • edited November 2015
    mascot88 said:

Utter disaster ... The frustration and pain... I hope this meeting is videoed and someone makes there feelings absolutely clear...

I can see why you have the title 'welcome officer'
  • edited November 2015
    I'm sorry but the "New Stadium" story has no legs, please stop buying into this UTTER BULLSHIT just to RD & KM hate, it is embarrassing.

There was talks simply to move the club shop to a move more convenient location to create space around the ground and again it was just mentioned.

Jesus Christ some of you lot need to calm your shit, and we are not moving stadium!.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm sorry but the "New Stadium" story has no legs, please stop buying into this UTTER BULLSHIT just to RD & KM hate, it is embarrassing.

There was talks simply to move the club shop to a move more convenient location to create space around the ground and again it was just mentioned.

Jesus Christ some of you lot need to calm your shit, and we are not moving stadium!.

Well, that's good to hear, but a lot of people have lost faith in this regime so find it hard to trust any such reassurances.

When there is a gulf in official communication, it will naturally be filled by rumour and gossip...

• Reliably informed this cat is not dead, and club will go for planning on the shop site. (Thats all I have)
  • I agree Weegie. When you are getting nothing from them you just automatically think the worst.

• edited November 2015
    razil said:

Reliably informed this cat is not dead, and club will go for planning on the shop site. (Thats all I have)

This - and it should be obvious that the club is progressively withdrawing personal service at the ticket office (now two days a week). There is no logic to that in isolation - they don't staff the windows per se other than matchdays, it only becomes a cost (in staff time) when there is a sale or an enquiry and that cost is the same on the phone - except that they are aiming to withdraw it altogether.

Is there another club in the Football League that won't sell you a ticket two days a week during office hours if you are at the ground?
  • mogodon said:

Is there another club in the Football League that won't sell you a ticket two days a week during office hours if you are at the ground?

Is there another club in the Football League that would go to the Belgian 3rd Division to find the man to get you out of a deep hole?
    Well, quite. But since there will be some people determined to argue that it doesn't matter if fans cannot buy tickets at the ground, etc, it's worth establishing if there is any other club that thinks this is a sensible way to operate and if so what level they play at.
  • mogodon said:

Is there another club in the Football League that would go to the Belgian 3rd Division to find the man to get you out of a deep hole?
    Well, quite. But since there will be some people determined to argue that it doesn't matter if fans cannot buy tickets at the ground, etc, it's worth establishing if there is any other club that thinks this is a sensible way to operate and if so what level they play at.
    I doubt there is any club with aspirations to participate in the top two divisions and an increasing need to sell tickets to stop the stadium looking two-thirds empty the whole time which would behave in this way. Perhaps KM is forward planning for life in League 1 or 2?
  • mogodon said:

Sheff Utd are open and manned each day, but apparently Hull are going down the back office only route and tickets will only be through retail and online.
  • TelMc32 said:

mogodon said:

Sheff Utd are open and manned each day, but apparently Hull are going down the back office only route and tickets will only be through retail and online.
    Through retail is personal service at the ground though?
  • TelMc32 said:

mogodon said:

I believe so but, by the sounds of it via an alternative outlet, rather than a dedicated ticket office. Perhaps from a handily located flat, or four, on site!! :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2015
    TelMc32 said:

TelMc32 said:

mogodon said:

I believe so but, by the sounds of it via an alternative outlet, rather than a dedicated ticket office. Perhaps from a handily located flat, or four, on site!! :wink:
    That would be fine though. The reason I say you simply cannot close a ticket office because of the issues that arise that simply cannot be dealt with by a machine. If people can still go into the shop/main office etc to speak to a ticketing representative about tickets then that would be fine, but I don't believe you can at the moment.
  • Crusty54 said:

The story doesn't stack up.

Fitting four flats in that space would be difficult and not in keeping with the surrounding area. Parking would also be required plus the need to get the opposition team coach into the parking space under the stand.

Plus Airman Brown belting out "Get your new Voice of the Valley" from across the road. ;)

• Parking is not considered a necessity these days if the proposed development is close to good public transport. Our planners are now allowing developments without parking spaces as this allows speculators/developers to maximise their living floor areas.
  • edited November 2015

Parking is not considered a necessity these days if the proposed development is close to good public transport. Our planners are now allowing developments without parking spaces as this allows speculators/developers to maximise their living floor areas.

Agreed. They'd argue the bus routes and the station negate the need for parking, but in any event there's a bloody great car park next door controlled by the applicant which is empty most of the time.

Coach access is not affected and wouldn't impact on the footprint so not an issue for the planners.
  • I stand to be proved wrong, but I think this all sounds suspicious. I can see that running a shop that does not make money makes no sense, but is there really a plan to build flats on that area? I am more inclined to believe the dead cat theory.
  • Just like the Chelsea Physio joining our medical team, Jimmy Floyd as our next manager, and couple having sex on the pitch.

All make-believe and intended to create publicity.

BELGIANS OUT
  • Apologies if this has been updated elsewhere, but is there any news on this subject ? I haven't noticed any updates / has this gone away ?