Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Plans to turn the Club shop into flats?

Comments

• Swisdom said:

Don't bite my head of everyone - I love the Valley. I know it's our home and everything......

But is moving to a new all seater stadium that might just be slightly easier to get to and from really the end of the world?

Yes!
    It is not the end of the world, what the fuck are some people on?

• We also need dressing room facilities for pink faires and a landing strip for the flying elephants... get on with it RD!!!!
  • the shop as it stands is too small and a very poor design, as long as we are retaining a shop at the ground a bigger one would be much better

That is not the point of the upset.

What else are the Belgians looking to do?
    And that's the point. What are else ARE they looking to do?

We've somehow gone from a unsubstantiated rumour about the shop to moving grounds.
  • Once you get permission for a few flats then the floodgates open.
    Roland dipping his toe in.

My thoughts exactly.

My thoughts exactly.
    Beat me to it...

• Every Championship club has to submit plans to the Premier League by NYE on how they would get the stadium up to PL standard by the opening day. The work on most Championship grounds would be massive, and has usually seen things getting knocked down
  • Rothko said:

Every Championship club has to submit plans to the Premier League by NYE on how they would get the stadium up to PL standard by the opening day. The work on most Championship grounds would be massive, and has usually seen things getting knocked down

Our dug outs are clearly not up to scratch fora start, not being big enough, and not equidistant from the half way line!
  • If they do have a view of the pitch will the residents be allowed to drink alcohol while a game is on?
  • Sponsored links:

• Fumbluff said:

great place for a flat, lots of nice views from the windows...let him do it, they won't sell, it'll be another loss for the master of disaster...

Flats just about anywhere in London will sell. Lots of parking, close to train station, Blackheath Borders. £500k

If you had 500k to spend on a flat, would you really choose to live in Floyd Road?
    Only if there wasn't a football club next door.
  • Rothko said:

Every Championship club has to submit plans to the Premier League by NYE on how they would get the stadium up to PL standard by the opening day. The work on most Championship grounds would be massive, and has usually seen things getting knocked down

And what about for League 1?
  • They have to do one for the Championship...
  • Katrien's just projecting the Clu Shop revenue forward and realised we can go back to using a garden shed or perhaos now a cupboard.
  • D_F_T said:

Swisdom said:

Don't bite my head of everyone - I love the Valley. I know it's our home and everything......

But is moving to a new all seater stadium that might just be slightly easier to get to and from really the end of the world?

Yes!
    It is not the end of the world, what the fuck are some people on?

The use of 'all seater' rattled me for some reason
  • Make no mistake. The Morden Wharf site is one of the best locations on the Greenwich Penisula. It fronts the river and is bang in the heart of London.

Can anyone explain to me why this plum site has not already been bought up. High rise is no problem in that location and the flats would be worth a fortune and you could build a lot of them.

This has troubled me for a while. RD is not a football man. He hasn't shown any signs of becoming one or want Charlton to be a Presteige investment. It's seems like he is doing the bare minimum in keeping us ticking over. Biding his time but ensuring the training ground is fit to have as a base if the stadium is only for match days.

Until the possibility of a move to the peninsula is ruled out because the land is gone I think it's an investment possibility.

Odd that KM has chosen this moment to engage with fan groups ?

Until I hear that it won't happen I will continue to think it's a real possibility.

So the last thing you'd want to do is stick a football club in the area. I'm sure the flat owners would be most impressed when we play Millwall, and half the streets are shut off by the Police
    A multi use sports and leisure complex with flats, arena, shops, restaurants.

Not everyone wants to live in quiet suburbia.

• Fumbluff said:

great place for a flat, lots of nice views from the windows...let him do it, they won't sell, it'll be another loss for the master of disaster...

well the ground floor masonette opposite, the one with the burger bar on the pavement and a lovely view of the railway behind, sold only a couple of weeks ago for nearly 300k (see below) so I wouldn't be too sure that they wouldn't sell, because they would, and a tidy sum would be made profit wise too

rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-50464642.html

• iaitch said:

If they do have a view of the pitch will the residents be allowed to drink alcohol while a game is on?

If they're Charlton fans, they will need a hotline to the Samaritans.
  • the shop as it stands is too small and a very poor design, as long as we are retaining a shop at the ground a bigger one would be much better

That is not the point of the upset.

What else are the Belgians looking to do?
    And that's the point. What are else ARE they looking to do?

We've somehow gone from a unsubstantiated rumour about the shop to moving grounds.
    You see what's happening? You're all making me agree with Henry and Rothko. Damn you all!!! ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

He wants to build on the Thames Barrier as well ?

Where will it end.....
  • Fumbluff said:

Flats just about anywhere in London will sell. Lots of parking, close to train station, Blackheath Borders. £500k
    ... but they'll probably lack the quality required and put in the wrong position.
  • This would be the Premier League after asking us the following Question... So Charlton, how would you get the Valley up to Premier League Standards.

• Reply back from one of the ward councillors - Greenwich's chair of planning has been asked and is not aware of anything having been submitted.

Again, councillors don't always know what officers are up to in Greenwich, maybe the club and officers are just talking, and maybe an application for the club shop wouldn't be seen as hugely important. But councillors don't seem to be aware of any plans, anyway.
  • Make no mistake. The Morden Wharf site is one of the best locations on the Greenwich Penisula. It fronts the river and is bang in the heart of London.

Can anyone explain to me why this plum site has not already been bought up. High rise is no problem in that location and the flats would be worth a fortune and you could build a lot of them.

This has troubled me for a while. RD is not a football man. He hasn't shown any signs of becoming one or want Charlton to be a Presteige investment. It's seems like he is doing the bare minimum in keeping us ticking over. Biding his time but ensuring the training ground is fit to have as a base if the stadium is only for match days.

Until the possibility of a move to the peninsula is ruled out because the land is gone I think it's an investment possibility.

Odd that KM has chosen this moment to engage with fan groups ?

Until I hear that it won't happen I will continue to think it's a real possibility.

So the last thing you'd want to do is stick a football club in the area. I'm sure the flat owners would be most impressed when we play Millwall, and half the streets are shut off by the Police
    A multi use sports and leisure complex with flats, arena, shops, restaurants.

Not everyone wants to live in quiet suburbia.

A big difference between that and Charlton vs Millwall or Palace
  • rikofold said:

colin1961 said:

What a load of tosh people will believe anything ....

Do you still believe Bob Peeters is the 4th best manager in our history? #thankscolin
    3rd, he said 3rd. Obviously Powell is is number 1 and Luzon number 2 so harsh on Lawrence, Curbs, Seed et al