Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Looking at the wreckage, how the hell can anyone walk away from that?
  • That’s a miracle he walked away from that.
  • One of the worst incidents I've seen for a long time. No idea how he is able to walk away from that with minor burns to his ankles.
  • Looking at the wreckage, how the hell can anyone walk away from that?
    I know. It’s unbelievable really. Just goes to show that the improvements in safety and the stricter rules around safety were worth it.
  • edited November 2020
    Wreckage
  • In one fell swoop - the ‘it’s just driving a car’ crew are looking like a bunch of melts
  • Sorry can’t seem to make photo bigger
  • "Race control say there will be a delay of a minimum of 45 minutes before the race is restarted as they repair the barrier."
  • Sponsored links:

• Got to wonder if the rest of the Drivers want to go back out there today!!
  • Terrible to watch and I hope he's ok, but why am I not surprised it's Grosjean in a crash?
  • Terrible to watch and I hope he's ok, but why am I not surprised it's Grosjean in a crash?
    Unfortunately its his own fault too, dont know why he needed to go across Kyvatt like that
  • Thats sort of my point. Hes been in so many incidents, I've thought hes been a dangerous driver since he first came into F1.
  • Not long ago there would be no way he would have walked away from that. Amazed he pulled himself out. Halo and other safety designs showing their worth.
    Unfortunately its his own fault too, dont know why he needed to go across Kyvatt like that
    Saying potentially due to debris
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2020
    Got to wonder if the rest of the Drivers want to go back out there today!!
    That was my thinking too. I suppose because they know he is relatively ok & the only real damage is to the car & crash barrier then in reality its no real difference to a usual crash.

Looking at it the fire seems to get worse once fire extinguishers are applied......esp the ones from the medical team. It might just be the way the fire went up, but for a few seconds it doesnt  look like they helped.
    That was my thinking too. I suppose because tgeh know he has rejativekt ok & the only real damage is to the car & crash barrier then in reality its no real difference to a usual crash.

Looking at it the fire seems to get worse once fire extinguishers are applied......esp the ones from the medical team. It might just be the way the fire went up, but for a few seconds it doesnt  look like they helped.
    Is this new barrier going to be good enough if anyone crashes into it? 
    Oh they will. They are unique in the field of sportsmen in that it’s just how they are wired.

my 12 yr old son rolled his kart at 80mph a few months back. Whilst I was in tears of shock, he ran back to the paddock screaming at me to get my tool box cos he wanted to make the restart.

these guys will be good to go 
  • They are saying his life was saved by the halo. Minor burns to wrists and ankles and broken rib or ribs. Thank God it wasn't worse than that. You fancy a go at that Ronnie O'Sullivan?
    One of the first thing I said to my missus. Grosjean gets his fair share of stick on social, Hamilton has had filth thrown at him the last few weeks, Bottas criticism sometimes goes too far. Jesus I’ve not been too complimentary of some drivers in the past.

Fuck that - they are all different class. Whilst I sit at home and get a bit of entertainment on a Sunday this is all the reminders we needed that it isn’t just driving a car. And these guys deserve a lot more respect than they have been getting at times 
    The cameras showed Max Verstappen talking to his old man in the pit lane after the race had stopped. I wonder what he was feeling?
  • Shit a brick......drama of the first order.
    Let’s be honest and without being flippant, most of us like to see a tasty F1 crash once in a while as long as no one gets hurt (it’s all part of the spectacle), but that pushed us all to the limits of what can be considered acceptable .....it was bloody scary.
    Roman would appear to be relatively OK thank God and it was great to see that all service crews rose to the occasion.
    Incredible footage of him appearing from the flames, in which he was completely engulfed!
  • Now Stroll ends up upside down on the 1st lap of the restart 
  • The question must be, how did he go through the barrier. He shouldn’t be climbing back over from the other side !