Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Karel Fraeye - 1/2 on SkyBet. Betting now suspended

Comments

• @colin1961 is just a wind up merchant who sits laughing at our reaction to his posts, I would suggest we just forget him. Now onto a more serious discussion, if Fraeye is appointed, do not expect it to be caretaker, we all know that RD will put him in and keep him there saying there was no better option and that he is a trusted personal friend of RD/KM and that it was him and not Riga that really got us playing well a season or so ago. However that leads to questions in my mind, why let him go when Riga left? How can he (Fraeye) be stupid enough to give up, albeit at a very small pub type team, a permanent position for a caretaker one? He has no 'team' as such and we have let all our coaches go and our chief scout is now at Fulham!! What is KM going to say? How many did we interview? Overriding all this is what the hell is RD doing?, he cannot seriously think that this guy will turn it all around, he has already tried 3 of his network, 2 failed miserably (Peeters/Luzon) and Riga (along with Fraeye) was let go. This Belgium is showing contempt for all of us, and I say again (sorry for being boring) how can he think he will get an ROI, when we are in Div 1 with small crowds and 3/4 empty stadium that will see him have to put more of his money into the club. The man should be certified and his other business partners need to be asking questions on his strategy coz as sure as hell I don't understand it!!
  • Only thing I'll say in Defence of Karel Fraeye is this...

When Keith Peacock went to the Bromley Addicks meeting a few weeks ago, he mentioned Alan Curbishley starting out as a Manager with Charlton (Now I wasnt there so basing this on what I think someone put about the meeting so correct me if I'm wrong), Peacock said that Curbs wasnt the best Manager when he joined us but he learnt, and he learnt quickly which made him the Legend that he is when he comes to the Valley.

Fraeye... He's briefly been in England before so he sort of knows what to expect from the Championship... Yes he's doing poorly in the Belgian Third Tier but we dont know the calibre of player that he's got at his disposal there at the moment (i.e. You could have put Ferguson and Mourinho in charge of Blackpool last season but they still wouldnt have taken them to the Champions League on that squad).

What would me most about the Fraeye appointment would be his ability in the Transfer Windows (and I dont approve of the Director of Football role, its not the English club way)

Difference being that Curbs was trusted to run the club as he saw fit. No manager will be allowed to do that here now.
  • The club is f***** and its time to find Duchatalet and kick him in the shin... Not to hard, but just enough so he knows ... It's been another complete shambles ... We will be under 10k again soon ... That div of a CEO should now have her trips to the valley made so uncomfortable that she quits and as for the team, well they, like us, have given up ... Relegation looms again and we are also bored it doesn't even hurt properly ... The only answers I have are Joe Pesci style illegal ones ... Appalling state of affairs ... They finally broke it ...
  • Roland Duchatelet is currently making Cellino look like a stable, level headed owner.
  • It's reaching Blackpool style proportions now.

We need to do something that will generate enough press interest to bully Meire and Roland away from the club.

It's that bad.

Storm the turf in an electric wheelchair

• I actually couldn't give a toss who the new manager / coach / puppet is. Until Roly ups and leaves i can honestly say I have no interest whatsoever.
  • I'm afraid that's enough for me. After Reading, I didn't go to the two 3-0 games and I'm glad I didn't. I'll make use of our season tickets if my son really wants to go, but I won't be renewing next season unless there is a change in owner or a significantly different approach to running the club. I'll also be cancelling my Valley Gold subscription.

I'll be getting my live football fix from Dulwich Hamlet and occasionally Bromley from now on.

Good luck and thank you to those who carry on going, you'll be keeping the club going no doubt. But I'm afraid I no longer have the stomach for it.
  • A properly organised protest/ boycott needs to happen. The game on TV is perfect. Especially as cameras are outside the game before and I'm sure sky will be lapping up any drama. If it was organised I'd be happy to go down the ground before kick off for some sort of protest then not go into watch. Or even a walkout. There's no better opportunity than a game on sky either.

Please, organise it then, don't just post on here and expect others to organise it.

You @theorganiser, @kentred2 all calling for a boycott.

Stop talking and start acting then, please.
    I have been acting by not going (except one birthday treat!!!!!) more or less since Sheffield United. I have made it known I think those that go are wrong and the constant call for dialogue marks the supporters down as weak. I am of course no where near alone in not going.

But I don't know enough fans to influence and to be honest lots will go whatever ie the "real" fans as they like to call themselves who think supporting the shirt is not supporting RD and KM. The replies to this will show that.

All I think I can do is stay away and try and persuade others to on social media I guess. But it is up to others and their conscience.

Any other ideas?
  • The only thing I can draw parallels with is the way the banking system played fast and loose and pushed us into recession. What the fuck is RD doing!!???
  • Fraeye's odds have now drifted out from 1/10 to 1/4 on Skybet with Mackay 3/1. Sherwood 18/1 are the favourites.
  • Sponsored links:

• micks1950 said:

Awaiting the round of 'give the bloke a chance' posts. And so the soap opera continues.

And repeat

The point is AFKA that it's not Fraeye's fault. I can't hold this ridiculous appointment against him personally. He's obviously not equipped to work at this level and everything points to him being hopelessly out of his depth. He obviously wants to progress his career and I don't blame him for wanting to have a go and prove himself. Who wouldn't. My vitriol is now fully directed at Duchatelet who is now showing breathtaking arrogance and proving that we are in fact very much some kind of weird social experiment where decisions are made not from a good business point of view but just to pursue a strange arrogance and stubbornness to accept the facts.

I'm not saying I won't go because I probably will. It's what I do but I'm afraid that I'm now very much in the RD out corner. A complete turn around for me in just a few weeks.

I want and hope Fraeye to defy the odds and be a success but I'm long enough in the tooth to know that these things rarely work out well.

I'm really very pissed off.

It was very clear to those who wanted to see when Chris Powell was sacked that Roland is a nutter. Fair enough that people didn't want to believe it and have given him time to show otherwise or change, but things have played out accordingly. Meire is a ridiculous chief executive who has been cut far too much slack and Fraeye will no doubt go through the same honeymoon period as all RD's other puppets, with fans being urged to give him a chance.

It's as foolish us going round in circles as it is Duchatelet. His ideas will never work and he will kill the club while reasonable people are giving each replacement the benefit of the doubt and hoping for the best. This is a war of attrition and we need to fight it.
    I think this is the key point.

We have to realise that we're dealing with our very own Belgian 'Rain Man'. I advise anyone who doubts it to read his interview by a Belgian journalist in the current issue of the Trust News – not for the value of anything he says but for the insight it gives into how his mind works and in particular his view of himself; in his own words he believes himself to be a “visionary” who sees things others can't.

http://issuu.com/castrust/docs/tnt10/15?e=6744795/30366687

In 'Roland World' if his plan is not working then it's the fault of others for not carrying out the plan correctly not Roland's plan.....

Good of him to share ideas he has half-digested and then regurgitated about post-industrial economics and how the internet is changing everything (except when used by the unemployed - that bit of the internet you can safely ignore apparently). We have a certified crank in charge of Charlton ladies and gentlemen. He's Colonel Kurtz up the river in 'Apocalypse Now' - it isn't that his methods are unsound, I don't see any method at all.
  • edited October 2015
    I have one thing to say if he does get appointed.

I look forward to seeing about 5k attendances at the valley, joke of a club at the moment, we're in big trouble.
  • edited October 2015
    Organised Boycott ?

If you lose football matches, the crowd goes down any way.
    That happens by natural selection.
    The big worry is the young kids of Charlton supporters
    who end up being West ham, Chelsea fans etc instead.
    we lost a generation of fans when we were relegated back in the 70's
    when we left the Valley in the 80's and again in the Noughties, with the double relegation in a few years.

There were people that wanted a boycott and CAFC relegated down to League 2 if it got rid of Duchatelet a year ago. At least we would be at Izale Mcleod level and we could resign him !
    Cutting off your nose to spite your face.
    David Icke an Ex Coventry Keeper and EX BBC man thinks Roland is Barmy.

A boycott No; But we are in that Corridor of uncertainty.

Love,Hate,Apathy,Leave, I'm not talking about Marriage but CAFC.

A visit to Relate is on the cards for RD and CAFC fans.
    It's good to talk. I don't think RD will turn up thou.

A Divorce is the only answer.
  • Karel Fraeye
    Malky Mackay
    Tim Sherwood
    Alan Curbishley
    Gus Poyet
    Ian Holloway
    Lee Clark
    Nigel Clough
    Nigel Pearson
    Paolo Di Canio
    Stuart Pearce
    Jason Euell
    Brian McDermott
    Chris Powell
    Gareth Ainsworth
    John Carver
    Juan Muniz
    Paul Dickov
    Paul Jewell
    Paul Lambert
    Sean O'Driscoll
    Uwe Rosler
    Ivan Vukomanovic
    Avram Grant
    Billy Davies
    Dave Jones
    Les Ferdinand
    Paul Ince
    Rob Lee
    Tony Adams
    Derek McInnes
    Alan Pardew
    Brendan Rodgers

Looking at this list on sky bet the ones that would interest me are Lambert and O'Driscoll.
  • I know which one interests me the least !
  • Yeah can't stand Rogers.
  • kentred2 said:

A properly organised protest/ boycott needs to happen. The game on TV is perfect. Especially as cameras are outside the game before and I'm sure sky will be lapping up any drama. If it was organised I'd be happy to go down the ground before kick off for some sort of protest then not go into watch. Or even a walkout. There's no better opportunity than a game on sky either.

Please, organise it then, don't just post on here and expect others to organise it.

You @theorganiser, @kentred2 all calling for a boycott.

Stop talking and start acting then, please.
    I have been acting by not going (except one birthday treat!!!!!) more or less since Sheffield United. I have made it known I think those that go are wrong and the constant call for dialogue marks the supporters down as weak. I am of course no where near alone in not going.

But I don't know enough fans to influence and to be honest lots will go whatever ie the "real" fans as they like to call themselves who think supporting the shirt is not supporting RD and KM. The replies to this will show that.

All I think I can do is stay away and try and persuade others to on social media I guess. But it is up to others and their conscience.

Any other ideas?
    Your campaign not mine.
  • I actually couldn't give a toss who the new manager / coach / puppet is. Until Roly ups and leaves i can honestly say I have no interest whatsoever.

Maybe that's the plan, and Fraeye is just a cheap stopgap.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2015
    so Fraeye has gone from big odds on 1/10 is now 2/5 and Malky has come in to 9/4. Still think it will be Fraeye but odds have shortened quite a bit in last couple of hours. (on Sky Bet at 2 pm)
  • 24 Red said:

micks1950 said:

Awaiting the round of 'give the bloke a chance' posts. And so the soap opera continues.

And repeat

The point is AFKA that it's not Fraeye's fault. I can't hold this ridiculous appointment against him personally. He's obviously not equipped to work at this level and everything points to him being hopelessly out of his depth. He obviously wants to progress his career and I don't blame him for wanting to have a go and prove himself. Who wouldn't. My vitriol is now fully directed at Duchatelet who is now showing breathtaking arrogance and proving that we are in fact very much some kind of weird social experiment where decisions are made not from a good business point of view but just to pursue a strange arrogance and stubbornness to accept the facts.

I'm not saying I won't go because I probably will. It's what I do but I'm afraid that I'm now very much in the RD out corner. A complete turn around for me in just a few weeks.

I want and hope Fraeye to defy the odds and be a success but I'm long enough in the tooth to know that these things rarely work out well.

I'm really very pissed off.

It was very clear to those who wanted to see when Chris Powell was sacked that Roland is a nutter. Fair enough that people didn't want to believe it and have given him time to show otherwise or change, but things have played out accordingly. Meire is a ridiculous chief executive who has been cut far too much slack and Fraeye will no doubt go through the same honeymoon period as all RD's other puppets, with fans being urged to give him a chance.

It's as foolish us going round in circles as it is Duchatelet. His ideas will never work and he will kill the club while reasonable people are giving each replacement the benefit of the doubt and hoping for the best. This is a war of attrition and we need to fight it.
    I think this is the key point.

We have to realise that we're dealing with our very own Belgian 'Rain Man'. I advise anyone who doubts it to read his interview by a Belgian journalist in the current issue of the Trust News – not for the value of anything he says but for the insight it gives into how his mind works and in particular his view of himself; in his own words he believes himself to be a “visionary” who sees things others can't.

http://issuu.com/castrust/docs/tnt10/15?e=6744795/30366687

In 'Roland World' if his plan is not working then it's the fault of others for not carrying out the plan correctly not Roland's plan.....

Good of him to share ideas he has half-digested and then regurgitated about post-industrial economics and how the internet is changing everything (except when used by the unemployed - that bit of the internet you can safely ignore apparently). We have a certified crank in charge of Charlton ladies and gentlemen. He's Colonel Kurtz up the river in 'Apocalypse Now' - it isn't that his methods are unsound, I don't see any method at all.
    Would that make Katrien the Dennis Hopper character?

"Roland is not crazy. The man is clear in his mind, but his soul is mad."
  • Maybe Malky Mackay came and had a chat with KM and decided not to take the job. If it was the case, then it would be further evidence that nobody wants to work here with KM and RD in charge except those who are in the network.

I really hope it's not true though. I'd rather it was Mackay asking for a higher pay than KM would like to offer. Either way, I have a feeling that it's going to become like our last season in the Premier League..... albeit in a division lower.
  • apparently Mackay lives locally, perhaps he just wanted to take his son out to a match and the Valley was convenient and the club offered him free seats and hospitality

• Sounds like Tim Sherwood is available. Any takers?
  • apparently Mackay lives locally, perhaps he just wanted to take his son out to a match and the Valley was convenient and the club offered him free seats and hospitality

As conspiracy theories go, that's too sensible for betvictor to open a book on.

When I had my five-year season ticket VIP thingy v Sheff Wed last season, Malky Mackay was at The Valley. I think he was doing a bit of scouting.
  • Some Belgian press reporting Fraeye has the job. Depressing times.
  • Feels like the more happens to our club the more the soul is being ripped out of it. All that fight to get back to valley is being forgotten and totally ignored by RD.
    Don't get how a man can be a successful business man but keep making the same mistakes over and over and over again. Surely you realise something is not working rather than keep repeating the same pattern.
    Why can't he spend a bit of money and for once get a proper manager in who knows the division and can build a team rather than all these pals of his who in the long term end up losing the club money by fans going and just admit you were wrong. I know it is never gonna happen but getting seriously fed up with it all now