Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Karel Fraeye - 1/2 on SkyBet. Betting now suspended

Comments

• mart77 said:

Some Belgian press reporting Fraeye has the job. Depressing times.

Did they say, "According to the whispers at the leading British think tank, Charlton Life..."?
  • This is the article:

Roland Duchatelet pakt alweer uit met een verrassende nieuwe naam als coach van Charlton Athletic: Karel Fraeye, huidig coach van derdeklasser Vigor Wuitens Hamme. Bij Charlton volgt hij de ontslagen Guy Luzon (ex-Standard) op.

Fraeye (37) komt uit het netwerk van Duchatelet en was destijds assistent van Jose Riga in Charlton. Fraeye neemt Wim De Corte (43, Waasland-Beveren) mee als assistent.

Fraeye begon als jeugdcoach bij Destelbergen en AA Gent, waarna hij hoofdcoach werd bij KSV Sottegem en Eendracht Zele. In 2014 was hij dus al als assistent aan het werk bij Charlton, na het ontslag van Riga begon hij in Hamme als hoofdcoach.

Charlton verloor zaterdag met 0-3 van Brentford en staat momenteel pas 22e in The Championship, de Engelse tweede klasse. Luzon arriveerde vorig jaar in januari in 'The Valley' en kon met een indrukwekkende reeks de twaalde plaats veilig stellen . Dit seizoen verliep heel wat minder waardoor het bestuur "genoodzaakt was om in te grijpen". Ook assistent Damian Matthew (sinds 2006 in Charlton) en beloftencoach David Martane (eerste seizoen) werden ontslagen.

• Sounds like Phil Parkinson all over again. We were told he was caretaker to be judged on results then hired him after 8 straight defeats.

A lovely bloke who wasn't quite cut out for the job here.

• Roland Duchatelet again comes up with a surprising new name as coach of Charlton Athletic: Karel Fraeye, current coach of third division Vigor Wuitens Hamme. Charlton he follows the sacked Guy Luzon (formerly Standard) on.

Fraeye (37) comes from the network of Duchatelet and was then assistant to Jose Riga in Charlton. Fraeye takes Wim De Corte (43 Waasland-Beveren) along as an assistant.

Fraeye started as youth coach at Destelbergen and AA Gent after which he became head coach at KSV Sottegem and Eendracht Zele. In 2014 he was already working as an assistant at Charlton, after the resignation of Riga began in Hamme as head coach.

Charlton lost 0-3 Saturday with Brentford and is currently only 22 in The Championship, the English second division. Luzon arrived last year in January in 'The Valley' and could secure with an impressive set the twelfth place. This season was much less making the government "was forced to intervene." Also assistant Damian Matthew (since 2006 Charlton) and promise coach David Martane (first season) were dismissed.
  • edited October 2015
    At least he'll get to see all the crap he's recommended to us in person.

World Cup finalist Alou Diarra being told what to do by some 37 year old no mark who has never been in charge of a team higher than the Belgian regional leagues. That should be interesting.

And KM/RD, don't insult us by trying to play this off as a caretaker role. Anyone who's had access to the Internet has realised that this bloke has been earmarked for the job for over a year.
  • Anagram of his name is 'E real freaky.
  • LinkedIn: Wim De Corte

UEFA PRO LICENSE COACH, looks for a new opportunity !

Wiki: Wim De Corte (Wetteren, 13th november the 1971st) is a Belgian football coach. He works as an assistant coach at first division Waasland-Beveren.

Wim De Corte has never played football at the highest level and has already started at 18 years of his career as a trainer. First he went to work as a youth coach at Standard Wetteren, then as head coach of the first team. He guided Wetteren in 2003 to the third division and in 2009 even to the second division. Because of his outstanding performance, he was given the position of manager at the club Wetterse.

In 2011, the Corte took a step higher. He became the assistant Jacky Mathijssen at Beerschot AC. When Mathijssen on March 26, 2012 was put at the door, De Corte succeeded him. For the season 2012/13 he was replaced Adrie Koster. When Sexton was sacked on November 29, 2012, the Corte took over again, until January 22, 2013. When he was re assistant Jacky Mathijssen.

In the season 2013-2014 he was co-trainer at KSV Roeselare, along with Serhiy Serebrennikov. The next season he was assistant Geneugden Ronny Van to Waasland-Beveren.
  • Sponsored links:

• I've got it. Roland is looking to save money and Karel Fraeye can fill all the now empty roles himself. Manager/head coach, assistant manager, first team coach and chief scout. He's probably done them all.

In all seriousness there's nothing to add to the other comments and I really hope that the Fraeye speculation doesn't come to fruition. It's a bit too easy for me to boycott games; what do I do? Refuse to follow the match thread? Turn off the score alerts on my iPad?

The comments made have mainly been from a fan's perspective for obvious reasons but what must it be like to be a player right now. They need someone to relate to, someone to look up to and respect. Is a young 3rd division Belgian manager that man?
  • edited October 2015

VWHamme Twitter account Tweeted a link to the following article:

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/950/Buitenlands-Voetbal/article/detail/2501924/2015/10/25/Opvallend-Duchatelet-plukt-opvolger-Luzon-bij-Charlton-weg-bij-Hamme.dhtml

Google Translation

Yesterday, Charlton Athletic, one of the clubs in the portfolio of Roland Duchâtelet known that coach Guy Luzon (formerly Standard) the avenue uitstuurde. Today, the English team already snapped a successor. It picks Karel Fraeye away at third division VW Hamme.
    Fraeye is no stranger to Duchâtelet. People in Brussels last year was still an assistant to José Riga at Charlton. Following the resignation of Riga (barely three months later) Fraeye went to work at third division Vigor Wuitens Hamme. The East Flanders ended last year on a decent eighth place and the board continued - despite a poor start this year - further cooperation with Fraeye. Luzon was allowed to pack up yesterday and Duchâtelet had to look for a new coach.

Luzon road
    Luzon since January to work for the club and guided the team last season to twelfth position. The former coach of Standard assumed at the helm of Bob Peeters. Martane also David, who had been assistant of Luzon in the Rouches must leave at Charlton. The 40-year-old Luzon is the fourth trainer who is dismissed since Roland Duchâtelet bought the club in January 2014.
  • Vincenzo said:

Roland Duchatelet again comes up with a surprising new name as coach of Charlton Athletic: Karel Fraeye, current coach of third division Vigor Wuitens Hamme. Charlton he follows the sacked Guy Luzon (formerly Standard) on.

Fraeye (37) comes from the network of Duchatelet and was then assistant to Jose Riga in Charlton. Fraeye takes Wim De Corte (43 Waasland-Beveren) along as an assistant.

Fraeye started as youth coach at Destelbergen and AA Gent after which he became head coach at KSV Sottegem and Eendracht Zele. In 2014 he was already working as an assistant at Charlton, after the resignation of Riga began in Hamme as head coach.

Charlton lost 0-3 Saturday with Brentford and is currently only 22 in The Championship, the English second division. Luzon arrived last year in January in 'The Valley' and could secure with an impressive set the twelfth place. This season was much less making the government "was forced to intervene." Also assistant Damian Matthew (since 2006 Charlton) and promise coach David Martane (first season) were dismissed.

EXCUSE ME?
  • Is that their official club Twitter account ?
  • se9addick said:

Is that their official club Twitter account ?

Well it's linked to from what seems to be their OS, top right there's a Twitter button

http://www.vwhamme.be/
  • Hang on - has anyone stopped to consider we might be battling Aston Villa for the signature of Karel Fraeye

Not done and dusted yet.....
  • The last time we got a manager from VW.Hamme it worked out well...
  • Hamme Horror

Pardew?? ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

Pardew?? ;-)
    bingo
  • De Corte sounds better qualified than Charlie Fry.

Good to know he'll be able to step in two coaches on.
  • mart77 said:

Some Belgian press reporting Fraeye has the job. Depressing times.

He had the job yesterday Mart, and according to some he has been lined up to be 'next in line to the throne' since Luzon was appointed in Jan.
  • edited October 2015

It's a bit too easy for me to boycott games; what do I do? Refuse to follow the match thread? Turn off the score alerts on my iPad?

I would certainly turn off the score alerts. There's likely to be a lot of them if KF takes charge.
  • apparently Mackay lives locally, perhaps he just wanted to take his son out to a match and the Valley was convenient and the club offered him free seats and hospitality

If I was his son, I would be wondering what I did to deserve this.
  • Rome is burning and Caesar is playing his fiddle.
  • Rome is burning and Caesar is playing his fiddle.

Or Nero... :)
  • Whenever we have a new network manager results have picked up. It will happen this time as well.
  • Whenever we have a new network manager results have picked up. It will happen this time as well.

That's just regression to the mean. Team has a few bad results and is in a run of bad form so sacks manager. New manager comes in and results pick up for a bit. The same would happen if you just don't sack the manager. It's a correlation/causation thing that is just attributed to the change in manager, but probably has no effect. Results would've picked up under Luzon given enough time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23724517