Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Karel Fraeye - 1/2 on SkyBet. Betting now suspended

Comments

• cabbles said:

MrOneLung said:

Karel Fraeye
    Malky Mackay
    Tim Sherwood
    Alan Curbishley
    Gus Poyet
    Ian Holloway
    Lee Clark
    Nigel Clough
    Nigel Pearson
    Paolo Di Canio
    Stuart Pearce
    Jason Euell
    Brian McDermott
    Chris Powell
    Gareth Ainsworth
    John Carver
    Juan Muniz
    Paul Dickov
    Paul Jewell
    Paul Lambert
    Sean O'Driscoll
    Uwe Rosler
    Ivan Vukomanovic
    Avram Grant
    Billy Davies
    Dave Jones
    Les Ferdinand
    Paul Ince
    Rob Lee
    Tony Adams
    Derek McInnes
    Alan Pardew
    Brendan Rodgers

Looking at this list on sky bet the ones that would interest me are Lambert and O'Driscoll.

Up until 26.00 I thought that was what hour each applicant was going in for their interview today. Unless RD and KM have reinvented time and there are 51 hours in the day
    Thinking along the same lines.
  • Don't think I've been so underwhelmed since..............Guy Luzon was announced last season, if this is true.

• The same old pattern I'm afraid. A foreign coach from within his network. All the signs point to this being the same ol' same ol'.

All we can do is hope for the best. What else do we have?

We could boycott but that wouldn't help anything.

All we have is to give the bloke a chance but if it's all going tits up after 10 games or so then start doing whatever is necessary. Fan power.

I can't really see any other constructive approach at this time if he is appointed.
  • edited October 2015
    Colin is my favourite poster on this forum, I haven't read one of his comments without laughing
  • edited October 2015
    colin1961 said:

Can everyone please stop getting side showed by Colin.

If you think his comments are either stupid, or purposely for a wind up, just ignore them

So they can read your one sided view ...... your constant attacks on the club are getting very boring , I wonder why please tell us ???
    If you think what I put on here is one sided @Scoop, you should see what I put on http://twitter.com/charltonlife
  • colin1961 said:

If you think his comments are either stupid, or purposely for a wind up, just ignore them

So they can read your one sided view ...... your constant attacks on the club are getting very boring , I wonder why please tell us ???
    Shut up
    The "joke" is getting a bit old now mate.
  • RobRob
    edited October 2015
    Incidentally, Talk Sport were addressing this very issue yesterday after the Luzon sacking. Anyone listen?
  • people are saying this is going to be like phil parkinson all over again, it feels worse, like Les Reed all over again. Respected coach while he was here but awful record as manager. Let's hope the consequences aren't the same.
  • edited October 2015
    Just had to copy and post this from twitter-:image

New head coach Karel Fraeye
  • Sponsored links:

• Yep very helpful.
  • PaddyP17 said:

colin1961 said:

Shut up
    It's not a joke "mate"
  • PaddyP17 said:

colin1961 said:

Shut up
    It's not a joke "mate"
    In which case you're being unnecessary.
  • edited October 2015
    PaddyP17 said:

Rome is burning and Caesar is playing his fiddle.

It's actually Nero but I get your point about it just being another faceless member of the network, illustrated via your whimsical choice of the wrong emperor.

Or something.
    I was of course using one of his middle names.

• The last time we got a manager from VW.Hamme it worked out well...

Pardew?? ;-)
    bingo
    To be fair, Curbs also had a bit of history with that lot
  • Rob said:

Incidentally, Talk Sport were addressing this very issue yesterday after the Luzon sacking. Anyone listen?

Yes, Stan Collymore correctly claimed that the club was rotten to the core.
  • PaddyP17 said:

PaddyP17 said:

colin1961 said:

Shut up
    It's not a joke "mate"
    In which case you're being unnecessary.
    I'm not arsed
  • Kristof Teurreur (Belgian Journalist) saying he's been appointed. I've followed him for a while and he seems to get most things Belgian related correct.
  • Don't agree with not turning up at the valley, more so people who go occasionally, or hardly ever but still feel the need to post on here.
    Not digging out fans who live X miles away,
    Better option would be turn up and have organised stay in concourses for 5/10mins of game.

• Another puppet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dutch wiki have confirmed Fraeye's appointment at: https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karel_Fraeye
  • Dutch wiki have confirmed Fraeye's appointment at: https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karel_Fraeye

So it was confirmed by the Belgian pub team he currently manages, and Dutch Wikipedia- what other media outlets will confirm his appointment before our Official Site get round to it ?
  • se9addick said:

Dutch wiki have confirmed Fraeye's appointment at: https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karel_Fraeye

So it was confirmed by the Belgian pub team he currently manages, and Dutch Wikipedia- what other media outlets will confirm his appointment before our Official Site get round to it ?
    KM still writing the press release
  • edited October 2015

Wouldn't be surprised if Malky was touted.
    Then he saw us today and said no twat could fix our sorry club at this moment on time!

A pretty good shout. Personally I think it's so that KM can point to other candidates being considered ("Malky was there at her invitation") before the appointment of another Belgian patsy Fraeye

• C_A_F_C said:

Dutch wiki have confirmed Fraeye's appointment at: https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karel_Fraeye

Anyone can edit Dutch wiki you don't even have to be Dutch.
    There's a lot of good lines on here today, but this one really tickled me more than the rest.
  • If Fraeye has the job and if it was offered to McKay who declined I would imagine his reasons for doing so would have been the uncertainty about who would find and sign new players rather than anything specific to the current squad or money. Both Riga and Luzon appear to have wanted more freedom in this respect.
  • Could be once bitten twice shy. Fraeye could be another Les Reed: good coach but zero management (or playing) experience. Another ominous coincidence would be that Dowie got removed at about this stage in 2006 and the club then messed about with an unsuitable replacement for 7 fatal games until sorting out a proper new manager in late December. Are we repeating this?
  • nichorob said:

Rob said:

Yes, Stan Collymore correctly claimed that the club was rotten to the core.
    KM is one of the few women Collymore hasn't slapped.
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3KKap7eSEI

Fraeye confirms it himself in this interview from what I can gather... If anyone on here speaks Dutch then a translation would be much appreciated!