Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Karel Fraeye - 1/2 on SkyBet. Betting now suspended

Comments

• colin1961 said:

Scoham said:

SLP article says he'll be caretaker manager. So he's leaving his (presumably) permanent job to be our caretaker head coach? I expect they're hoping he'll get a few good results to then justify giving him the job permanently.

As I keep saying keeping the seat warm like Luzon was for the Belgium manager who will join after the euros
    Shut up
  • West2003 said:

Is Fraeye still contracted to the club? Doesn't make sense appointing a caretaker who is already managing another club (to me anyway)

Surely appointing in house (e.g. Euell) as a caretaker would make more sense

Its cheaper than giving him a full contract and then have to pay that up when he is fired.
  • colin1961 said:

Scoham said:

SLP article says he'll be caretaker manager. So he's leaving his (presumably) permanent job to be our caretaker head coach? I expect they're hoping he'll get a few good results to then justify giving him the job permanently.

As I keep saying keeping the seat warm like Luzon was for the Belgium manager who will join after the euros
    mrbligh said:

Fraeye is a joke

Our painted yellow stairs are fantastic

How is he a joke no one knows ... He had exoeranice at the club before , was highly regarded around the club for the excellent coaching sessions the players liked him and staff around the club said he always had time to stop and chat , I met him and Riga in bexleyheath on a Thursday night and they stayed and chatted for a while.
    So is it a risk ??

Till the end of the season it's a decent move
    This exoeranice stuff you keep going on about. Is it legal? With all the focus on doping at present, I hope so.

• I could do with some exoeranice right now.
  • Beckboy said:

Posting my season ticket back first thing Monday morning had it with this arsehole in charge and his side kick

They won't care as they have already got your season ticket money. Turn up and direct your anger towards the directors box instead.
  • More negligence from our owners. I feel like we're a dog that got bought for Xmas and the family that have bought us have turned out to be a bunch of horrible scumbags and will now let us starve it death and die. Bit harsh, and please don't think I'm trivialising animal cruelty. It just seems that we really now an inconvenience for a belligerent owner who has more money than sense.

What a pathetic laughing stock we have become. Very sad
  • caretaker manager, so that if he starts winning games they can make him permanent, if it doesn't come off they can hire another no hoper. The RD regime think we're all a bunch of muppets.
  • What doesn't make sense is sacking ALL our coaching staff, then bringing in Fraeye as he will have no team around him. Riga not only had Fraeye, but also had Dyer for continuity.
  • Time to boycott me thinks....
  • Sponsored links:

• Realistically can any of us honestly believe that RD will appoint a British Manager?
    Would love to have any of Nigel Pearson, Malky Mackay, Paul Lambert, Paulo DiCanio etc.
    But will they come to Charlton no way! Mackay was probably hear to apply for the
    Brentford job as Carsley doesn't want it full time.
    All this rubbish about possibly appointing a racist - shame on you clowns!
  • A properly organised protest/ boycott needs to happen. The game on TV is perfect. Especially as cameras are outside the game before and I'm sure sky will be lapping up any drama. If it was organised I'd be happy to go down the ground before kick off for some sort of protest then not go into watch. Or even a walkout. There's no better opportunity than a game on sky either.
  • Or don't turn up in the first place. If everyone did it and we recorded our lowest attendance in our history the message would get out loud and clear.
  • Realistically can any of us honestly believe that RD will appoint a British Manager?
    Would love to have any of Nigel Pearson, Malky Mackay, Paul Lambert, Paulo DiCanio etc.
    But will they come to Charlton no way! Mackay was probably hear to apply for the
    Brentford job as Carsley doesn't want it full time.
    All this rubbish about possibly appointing a racist - shame on you clowns!

That famous British manager Paulo Dicanio
    Beat me to it haha
  • A properly organised protest/ boycott needs to happen. The game on TV is perfect. Especially as cameras are outside the game before and I'm sure sky will be lapping up any drama. If it was organised I'd be happy to go down the ground before kick off for some sort of protest then not go into watch. Or even a walkout. There's no better opportunity than a game on sky either.

Anyone that watches us on TV probably thinks there are thousands of fans already protesting by not going.

Please, organise it then, don't just post on here and expect others to organise it.

You @theorganiser, @kentred2 all calling for a boycott.

Stop talking and start acting then, please.
  • colin1961 said:

mrbligh said:

How is karel fraeye a joke......

Fuck a duck sideways anyone can see that

He has so far managed

Eendracht Zele in the belgian THIRD division

And the mighty

VW Hamme in the belgian THIRD division

To go from 'coaching' these two footballing dynasties to a side in the championship is A JOKE

And the man who was part of management team that saved us from relegation
    If nothing else you're consistent! ☺

Please, organise it then, don't just post on here and expect others to organise it.

You @theorganiser, @kentred2 all calling for a boycott.

Stop talking and start acting then, please.
    Stop pushing other people to organise it and posting about them posting about it and not acting while not acting yourself, and organise it yourself HI.

;-)
  • Marc Wilmots hahahahahahahahahaha

Haha hahahaha haha

Hahaha

Ha.
  • Sponsored links:

• colin1961 said:

mrbligh said:

How is karel fraeye a joke......

Fuck a duck sideways anyone can see that

He has so far managed

Eendracht Zele in the belgian THIRD division

And the mighty

VW Hamme in the belgian THIRD division

To go from 'coaching' these two footballing dynasties to a side in the championship is A JOKE

And the man who was part of management team that saved us from relegation
    Good point
    Bring back Dyer and Matthew as they were part of that team weren't they.

Only they are Powell people and you hate anyone connected to Powell.

Then again Guy was the best man for the job in your eyes, Peters was the third best manager in our history in your eyes and now Fraeye is the ideal man in your eyes.
  • Fucking circus.
  • What an absolute ******* mess, I'm done for this season, no interest from this point apart from any protest that I will keep an eye on.
  • Thank you 'Covered end' genuine typo mistake.

That famous British manager Paulo Dicanio

Saracasm - the lowest form of wit!

Anyway would rather have the Italian Paulo DiCanio than Karel Fraeye,
    Di Canio showed plenty of passion when he played for us!
  • Hopefully he's just caretaker until we can negotiate Riga's release from Metz.

Let's say you're right and we end up with Riga and Fraeye, the players are happy and we start winning again. What then? Does everyone forget (again) what Roland is doing to the club? All talks of protests get put on hold (again)?
  • Only thing I'll say in Defence of Karel Fraeye is this...

When Keith Peacock went to the Bromley Addicks meeting a few weeks ago, he mentioned Alan Curbishley starting out as a Manager with Charlton (Now I wasnt there so basing this on what I think someone put about the meeting so correct me if I'm wrong), Peacock said that Curbs wasnt the best Manager when he joined us but he learnt, and he learnt quickly which made him the Legend that he is when he comes to the Valley.

Fraeye... He's briefly been in England before so he sort of knows what to expect from the Championship... Yes he's doing poorly in the Belgian Third Tier but we dont know the calibre of player that he's got at his disposal there at the moment (i.e. You could have put Ferguson and Mourinho in charge of Blackpool last season but they still wouldnt have taken them to the Champions League on that squad).

What would me most about the Fraeye appointment would be his ability in the Transfer Windows (and I dont approve of the Director of Football role, its not the English club way)
  • edited October 2015

Awaiting the round of 'give the bloke a chance' posts. And so the soap opera continues.

And repeat

The point is AFKA that it's not Fraeye's fault. I can't hold this ridiculous appointment against him personally. He's obviously not equipped to work at this level and everything points to him being hopelessly out of his depth. He obviously wants to progress his career and I don't blame him for wanting to have a go and prove himself. Who wouldn't. My vitriol is now fully directed at Duchatelet who is now showing breathtaking arrogance and proving that we are in fact very much some kind of weird social experiment where decisions are made not from a good business point of view but just to pursue a strange arrogance and stubbornness to accept the facts.

I'm not saying I won't go because I probably will. It's what I do but I'm afraid that I'm now very much in the RD out corner. A complete turn around for me in just a few weeks.

I want and hope Fraeye to defy the odds and be a success but I'm long enough in the tooth to know that these things rarely work out well.

I'm really very pissed off.

It was very clear to those who wanted to see when Chris Powell was sacked that Roland is a nutter. Fair enough that people didn't want to believe it and have given him time to show otherwise or change, but things have played out accordingly. Meire is a ridiculous chief executive who has been cut far too much slack and Fraeye will no doubt go through the same honeymoon period as all RD's other puppets, with fans being urged to give him a chance.

It's as foolish us going round in circles as it is Duchatelet. His ideas will never work and he will kill the club while reasonable people are giving each replacement the benefit of the doubt and hoping for the best. This is a war of attrition and we need to fight it.
    I think this is the key point.

We have to realise that we're dealing with our very own Belgian 'Rain Man'. I advise anyone who doubts it to read his interview by a Belgian journalist in the current issue of the Trust News – not for the value of anything he says but for the insight it gives into how his mind works and in particular his view of himself; in his own words he believes himself to be a “visionary” who sees things others can't.

http://issuu.com/castrust/docs/tnt10/15?e=6744795/30366687

In 'Roland World' if his plan is not working then it's the fault of others for not carrying out the plan correctly not Roland's plan.....

• Another joke