Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Karel Fraeye - 1/2 on SkyBet. Betting now suspended

Comments

• I can honestly not wait top hear KM spout out the line about interviewing x managers and someone we sacked 2 years ago, who's now managing Belgium's version of Welling United, is the best candidate.
  • 37 years old, would much rather an older manager. These young whippersnappers seem to loose the dressing room far quicker than older more distinguished managers. Anyway let's not panic yet, apparently Katrien is busy conducting 40 odd interviews this weekend.
  • Now 1/10 with Sky Bet. Done deal
  • a ridiculous but not unexpected appointment, a bloke who's been managing in the belgian backwaters of football..... surely the fella from the dog and duck pub team would have been cheaper....the belgian circus of madness continues...
  • Awaiting the round of 'give the bloke a chance' posts. And so the soap opera continues.

And repeat

The point is AFKA that it's not Fraeye's fault. I can't hold this ridiculous appointment against him personally. He's obviously not equipped to work at this level and everything points to him being hopelessly out of his depth. He obviously wants to progress his career and I don't blame him for wanting to have a go and prove himself. Who wouldn't. My vitriol is now fully directed at Duchatelet who is now showing breathtaking arrogance and proving that we are in fact very much some kind of weird social experiment where decisions are made not from a good business point of view but just to pursue a strange arrogance and stubbornness to accept the facts.

I'm not saying I won't go because I probably will. It's what I do but I'm afraid that I'm now very much in the RD out corner. A complete turn around for me in just a few weeks.

I want and hope Fraeye to defy the odds and be a success but I'm long enough in the tooth to know that these things rarely work out well.

I'm really very pissed off.

• Bloody disgrace if this guy rocks up. I really don't know how much more I can take of this regime we need to get him out of OUR club.
  • colin1961 said:

Whoever gets the job then he is a Charlton man from that point and fans get behind him .... ttere not many great candidates around at the moment I would still like Di Canio ...... that's the only one who would get the fans through the gate and singing from the first moment

Di Canio is a bit off his head but I'll give you that.
  • This has to be more ludicrous by a factor of 10 than any previous managerial appointment at Charlton.
    Me and my 3 kids,all season ticket holders, now out until a change of owner,or less likely,a change of strategy. I am not prepared to put another penny into this bs. RD can now see his wish to get rid of older fans come true.
  • He's just car taker manager, sounds like we may actually be thinking about our next appointment
  • Sponsored links:

• He's just car taker manager, sounds like we may actually be thinking about our next appointment

I would not fall for that wording, why would he leave a job just to be caretaker.
  • Southbank said:

This has to be more ludicrous by a factor of 10 than any previous managerial appointment at Charlton.
    Me and my 3 kids,all season ticket holders, now out until a change of owner,or less likely,a change of strategy. I am not prepared to put another penny into this bs. RD can now see his wish to get rid of older fans come true.

My 11 year old son who loves charlton more than life itself has just said that's it I'm not going anymore. well done Roland it took me long enough to brainwash the boy to keep him away from following his mates supporting the big boys now he doesn't want to know.im not gonna say a word now if he decides to follow his pals coz the poor little sod gets bullied at school about supporting Charlton
  • edited October 2015
    Fuck Fraeye and fuck Roland and Katrien. We are going round in circles with these clowns. Anyone who seriously thinks this could be a good thing needs their heads examined.

Say bye bye to our hard earned Championship position. Why does this Belgian twat want to fuck us over like this? I hope he dies very horribly very soon. Sorry, but that's really how I feel. I've loved this club for over 30 years and he is killing it, so rather him die than my club.
  • Roland is going to run dry of insiders at this rate.
    I absolutely believe that Fraeye will continue to follow the Duchatelet template.
    Looking back, when I met Karel and had quite a long chat with him what I remember was that his English was pretty good, he was very inquisitive regarding Charlton and English football, he was annoyed that young players were snatched from smaller clubs by bigger clubs, he dismissed the lower reaches of Belgium football as insignificant, he was very interested regarding our attendance that day, he was generally quite sharp as he was here on business and returning to Ghent that evening to report (presumably) to Roland, he was then in deep conversation with Katrien.
    My personal impression was that he had quite a wide knowledge of football on the continent, he stuck me as intelligent person and in command of his brief at that time.
    He has some knowledge of us and was here under Riga, so far he has not shown to be racist, so I think Roland is persisting with his experiment.
  • Scoham said:

SLP article says he'll be caretaker manager. So he's leaving his (presumably) permanent job to be our caretaker head coach? I expect they're hoping he'll get a few good results to then justify giving him the job permanently.

That was not originally reported by Cawley. That has been amended since.
  • With apologies to Star Wars.."Let the farce be with you"
  • For the first time in six years my 12 yr old son did not come to a home game yesterday.

Didn't fancy it.

Couldn't be annoyed because I understood.

Now I feel like doing the same.

Sad. Embarrassing. Ridiculous.
  • Sweet dreams aren't made of this, so 12th in a division 3 Belgium club, is the equivalent of us appointing Scunthorpes current manager, hardly going to fill you with enthusiasm.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sweet dreams aren't made of this, so 12th in a division 3 Belgium club, is the equivalent of us appointing Scunthorpes current manager, hardly going to fill you with enthusiasm.

Do me a favour!.....Belgium 3rd division is like the Dog and Duck 2nd XI

Considering the level of Belgian footballer, it's more the equivalent of appointing Dulwich Hamlets managers mum
  • shirty5 said:

Scoham said:

SLP article says he'll be caretaker manager. So he's leaving his (presumably) permanent job to be our caretaker head coach? I expect they're hoping he'll get a few good results to then justify giving him the job permanently.

That was not originally reported by Cawley. That has been amended since.
    It was amended from permanent to caretaker wasn't it?
  • We're heading to League One if this guy is appointed.

Seriously, he manages in the Belgian third division. It's absolutely ridiculous if he becomes our manager.
  • C_A_F_C said:

He could be our David Moyes.

Was just about to say the same thing.

• Hopefully he's just caretaker until we can negotiate Riga's release from Metz.
  • 37 years old, would much rather an older manager. These young whippersnappers seem to loose the dressing room far quicker than older more distinguished managers. Anyway let's not panic yet, apparently Katrien is busy conducting 40 odd interviews this weekend.

Agreed, when the chips were down Guy seemed like to much of a callow youth to have any answers. Fraeye maybe even more so
  • seth plum said:

Roland is going to run dry of insiders at this rate.
    I absolutely believe that Fraeye will continue to follow the Duchatelet template.
    Looking back, when I met Karel and had quite a long chat with him what I remember was that his English was pretty good, he was very inquisitive regarding Charlton and English football, he was annoyed that young players were snatched from smaller clubs by bigger clubs, he dismissed the lower reaches of Belgium football as insignificant, he was very interested regarding our attendance that day, he was generally quite sharp as he was here on business and returning to Ghent that evening to report (presumably) to Roland, he was then in deep conversation with Katrien.
    My personal impression was that he had quite a wide knowledge of football on the continent, he stuck me as intelligent person and in command of his brief at that time.
    He has some knowledge of us and was here under Riga, so far he has not shown to be racist, so I think Roland is persisting with his experiment.

I'm not being funny, but isn't that where he's managing/coaching at the moment ?
  • seth plum said:

Roland is going to run dry of insiders at this rate.

You win the award for angriest Charlton fan ever !