Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Karel Fraeye - 1/2 on SkyBet. Betting now suspended

Comments

• edited October 2015
    apart from alienating the fan base when Fraeye is appointed, I wonder what it will do for the morale of the players because I'll bet they've had a gutful as well.
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3KKap7eSEI

Fraeye confirms it himself in this interview from what I can gather... If anyone on here speaks Dutch then a translation would be much appreciated!

So it's definitely him...
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3KKap7eSEI

Fraeye confirms it himself in this interview from what I can gather... If anyone on here speaks Dutch then a translation would be much appreciated!

He confirms it is Charlton he is going to.
  • This interview basically is about today's match at Hamme. However, they did speak about Charlton. Fraeye mentions that he was approached last night to go to Charlton. He accepted this offer. He only told the Hamme team after the match that he was leaving for Charlton (this afternoon). The reporter asked Fraeye what his mission is at Charlton. Fraeye replies that normally there is a manager's switch if the club is not doing well. He explains that Charlton is almost at the bottom of the league and he expects that it is expected of him to get them in the safe zone. The reporter asks Fraeye if they will still see him in Belgium every now and again. To which he replies: of course, my heart is here.
  • 'In the safe zone' ... Such ambition, I can't wait
  • The bumpy ride somehow gets even bumpier!
  • This interview basically is about today's match at Hamme. However, they did speak about Charlton. Fraeye mentions that he was approached last night to go to Charlton. He accepted this offer. He only told the Hamme team after the match that he was leaving for Charlton (this afternoon). The reporter asked Fraeye what his mission is at Charlton. Fraeye replies that normally there is a manager's switch if the club is not doing well. He explains that Charlton is almost at the bottom of the league and he expects that it is expected of him to get them in the safe zone. The reporter asks Fraeye if they will still see him in Belgium every now and again. To which he replies: of course, my heart is here.

He should have replied "of course, I'll be Hamme manager againin a couple of months"

Do Hamme have any connection to the network ?
  • se9addick said:

This interview basically is about today's match at Hamme. However, they did speak about Charlton. Fraeye mentions that he was approached last night to go to Charlton. He accepted this offer. He only told the Hamme team after the match that he was leaving for Charlton (this afternoon). The reporter asked Fraeye what his mission is at Charlton. Fraeye replies that normally there is a manager's switch if the club is not doing well. He explains that Charlton is almost at the bottom of the league and he expects that it is expected of him to get them in the safe zone. The reporter asks Fraeye if they will still see him in Belgium every now and again. To which he replies: of course, my heart is here.

He should have replied "of course, I'll be Hamme manager againin a couple of months"

No, not to my knowledge.
  • Have an awful feeling that Roland hadn't actually thought of Fraeye,but he saw all of us going into meltdown over the idea of him being appointed. So has now decided to do it as some kind of sick joke, because he gets off on making us all hate him!
  • Sponsored links:

Well I guess that's that then :disappointed:
  • se9addick said:

This interview basically is about today's match at Hamme. However, they did speak about Charlton. Fraeye mentions that he was approached last night to go to Charlton. He accepted this offer. He only told the Hamme team after the match that he was leaving for Charlton (this afternoon). The reporter asked Fraeye what his mission is at Charlton. Fraeye replies that normally there is a manager's switch if the club is not doing well. He explains that Charlton is almost at the bottom of the league and he expects that it is expected of him to get them in the safe zone. The reporter asks Fraeye if they will still see him in Belgium every now and again. To which he replies: of course, my heart is here.

No, not to my knowledge.
    Just odd that they gave up their manager so quickly unless it was the plan all along.
  • next strategy..."Target 4,000"
  • Have an awful feeling that Roland hadn't actually thought of Fraeye,but he saw all of us going into meltdown over the idea of him being appointed. So has now decided to do it as some kind of sick joke, because he gets off on making us all hate him!

Probably true. Someone should have started a 'we want Karel Freaye' thread and we wouldn't have got him.
  • What a hammefisted appointment!
  • 'Approached last night...'

For all their other perceived failings, you have to give it to Roland and Katrien for running such a very slick interview and appointment process.
  • se9addick said:

se9addick said:

No, not to my knowledge.
    Just odd that they gave up their manager so quickly unless it was the plan all along.
    Don't forget Hamme is only the equivalent, at best, of division 4 or national conference. Hamme is division 3, regional in Belgium.
  • se9addick said:

se9addick said:

No, not to my knowledge.
    Don't forget Hamme is only the equivalent, at best, of division 4 or national conference. Hamme is division 3, regional in Belgium.
    I would put a lot of money on Oxford United beating Hamme FC
  • Sponsored links:

• Given this video, why are the odds on him becoming manager lifting? Now 4/9.

Was 2/5 this morning
    1/10 last night

Was 2/5 this morning
    1/10 last night

If he is given the job as caretaker until the end of the season would Skybet pay out or wait until he was given the job permanently?
  • ^^ technicalities, if he comes in as caretaker I highly doubt bookies would pay out.

Was 2/5 this morning
    1/10 last night

If he is given the job as caretaker until the end of the season would Skybet pay out or wait until he was given the job permanently?
    They will be too busy laughing at us like everyone else to worry about paying out.
  • Malky now 7/4
  • edited October 2015

I do understand the angst here but I am not sure I can get as animated, not because another no doubt decent moderately ambitious guy waving his UEFA license but with palpably few other credentials will it seems be given an opportunity to be our head coach, but because it is an exercise in futility.

I am reminded of a scenario from Blackadder. The job is a poisoned chalice. I just need "Queenie" to shout "off with his head" to complete the imagery.

As I tried to point out yesterday the playing assets acquired by the club and now available to any new coach are not fit for purpose. No self respecting coach will touch SE 7 with a barge pole without cast iron guarantees things will change.

To be clear the chances of any British appointee are remote. I doubt we would even know who to talk to. Under this regime we have not signed one British player on a permanent contract directly from another British club.

Of the 45 players currently under contract we have 11 peripheral players out on loan.

1.Ansah 2. Dmitrovic 3. Harriott 4. Lennon 5. Obileye 6. Parzysek 7. Phillips 8. Piggot 9. Sho Silva 10. Thomas 11.Tucudean

Of the remaining 34:- 14 have zero to minimal first team experience;

1. Ahearne-Grant 2. Aribo 3. Barnes 4. Charles - Cook 5. Edwards 6. Hanlon 7. Holmes-Dennis 8. Kelly 9. Kennedy 10. Lapsie 11. Mitov 12. Muldoon 13. Staunton 14. Umerah

10 others have no long term championship experience (say just 10 games in 2014/15)

1. Ba 2. Bauer 3. Bergdich 4. Cebellos 5. Ghoochannejhad 6. Sarr 7. Kashi 8. McAleny 9. Makienok 10. Moussa

which leaves your core championship assets as follows;

1. Berg Gudmundsson 2. Cousins 3. Diarra 4. Fox 5. Henderson 6. Jackson 7. Pope 8. Solly 9. Vetokele 10. Watt

Of these;

Henderson, Vetokele, Jackson and Solly are injury prone.

Pope, Fox and Watt with one seasons senior football under their belts are still unproven in the Championship.

Berg Gudmondsson has only 1 season in the Championship

Diarra, a World Cup Finalist had previously only played 10 games in Championship and never a full season as a central defender

Jordan Cousins is the main man but because of the successive recruitment campaigns we play him on the left wing.

As an aside, of this seasons "new boys" Ba, Cebellos, Ghoochannejhad, Makienok and Moussa (yes I know he signed last year) all have recent injury "history" while Kashi has acquired an unknown injury which will keep him unavailable for an unknown period.

Now you tell me who of the above you want to be representing you in fighting the fight in the heat of a Championship relegation battle.

Though I agree in normal circumstances such an appointment should be crucial for our future, with this investor and this executive, I suggest the head coach is the least of our problems.

How many of the current squad played under Riga/Fraeye after poor CP was stabbed in the back by KM & her boss?
  • Oakster said:

I do understand the angst here but I am not sure I can get as animated, not because another no doubt decent moderately ambitious guy waving his UEFA license but with palpably few other credentials will it seems be given an opportunity to be our head coach, but because it is an exercise in futility.

I am reminded of a scenario from Blackadder. The job is a poisoned chalice. I just need "Queenie" to shout "off with his head" to complete the imagery.

As I tried to point out yesterday the playing assets acquired by the club and now available to any new coach are not fit for purpose. No self respecting coach will touch SE 7 with a barge pole without cast iron guarantees things will change.

To be clear the chances of any British appointee are remote. I doubt we would even know who to talk to. Under this regime we have not signed one British player on a permanent contract directly from another British club.

Of the 45 players currently under contract we have 11 peripheral players out on loan.

1.Ansah 2. Dmitrovic 3. Harriott 4. Lennon 5. Obileye 6. Parzysek 7. Phillips 8. Piggot 9. Sho Silva 10. Thomas 11.Tucudean

Of the remaining 34:- 14 have zero to minimal first team experience;

1. Ahearne-Grant 2. Aribo 3. Barnes 4. Charles - Cook 5. Edwards 6. Hanlon 7. Holmes-Dennis 8. Kelly 9. Kennedy 10. Lapsie 11. Mitov 12. Muldoon 13. Staunton 14. Umerah

10 others have no long term championship experience (say just 10 games in 2014/15)

1. Ba 2. Bauer 3. Bergdich 4. Cebellos 5. Ghoochannejhad 6. Sarr 7. Kashi 8. McAleny 9. Makienok 10. Moussa

which leaves your core championship assets as follows;

1. Berg Gudmundsson 2. Cousins 3. Diarra 4. Fox 5. Henderson 6. Jackson 7. Pope 8. Solly 9. Vetokele 10. Watt

Of these;

Henderson, Vetokele, Jackson and Solly are injury prone.

Pope, Fox and Watt with one seasons senior football under their belts are still unproven in the Championship.

Berg Gudmondsson has only 1 season in the Championship

Diarra, a World Cup Finalist had previously only played 10 games in Championship and never a full season as a central defender

Jordan Cousins is the main man but because of the successive recruitment campaigns we play him on the left wing.

As an aside, of this seasons "new boys" Ba, Cebellos, Ghoochannejhad, Makienok and Moussa (yes I know he signed last year) all have recent injury "history" while Kashi has acquired an unknown injury which will keep him unavailable for an unknown period.

Now you tell me who of the above you want to be representing you in fighting the fight in the heat of a Championship relegation battle.

Though I agree in normal circumstances such an appointment should be crucial for our future, with this investor and this executive, I suggest the head coach is the least of our problems.

How many of the current squad played under Riga/Fraeye after poor CP was stabbed in the back by KM & her boss?
    Jackson, Solly, Fox, Cousins and Harriot.

Was 2/5 this morning
    1/10 last night

I was thinking that

Given this video, why are the odds on him becoming manager lifting? Now 4/9.

Was 2/5 this morning
    1/10 last night

That is probably the answer
  • I still don't understand why Alcoron get only experienced, Spanish managers under RD and we get these guys ?
  • se9addick said:

I still don't understand why Alcoron get only experienced, Spanish managers under RD and we get these guys ?

Maybe because Spanish manages are used to the European model of working as a head coach with owner interference where as British Mangers generally will not accept it.