Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v. Brentford post match views 2015/16

Comments

• I've said it once, I'll say it again - please stop banging on about players and 'passion'. What the fuck does that even mean anyway?

If you mean running around and putting challenges in, then unfortunately there are instructed to play in a ridged 4-4-2 where we remain narrow and try and get two banks of four behind the ball. We play with no fluidity, it's embarrassing football from a year gone bye. Even Hodgson chucked this style of football.

And that is exactly why Luzon is bloody clueless, everyone could see it apart from the arm waving lunatic
  • Dazzler21 said:

No need for personal insults at KM we know she's in RD's pocket.

I'm not sure what we were playing for today.

Sarr and Bauer strangely were our best players yet we lost 3-0.

I thought we looked OK until the goal and then positioning went out the window.

Jackson tried to be everywhere which left gaps.

Makienok's not fit enough to do the chasing down that maybe KAG would have done well at.

The only good thing that can be said is the first two were great finishes and the last a lucky deflection I think?

One thing that was obvious Luzon can't lift the team and no matter who we replace him with they'll have the same issue.

Also why was SM booed off? That was pathetic.

SM was clapped off, it's the decision to take him off that was booed.
  • timken said:

The problem with not going is it doesnt take the pain away.Pretending that you dont care doesnt take the pain away.The only good thing about not going is you dont get stuck in traffic and dont get caught in the rain.If you are a supporter it will hurt wether you go or not.

That is so bloody true

• Spent the afternoon doing pumpkins!

So did Brentford by the sound of it.
  • Two new full backs needed.

Plus a new game plan. Pass to Solly every time doesn't work any more.

This may mean clearing out all the first team coaching staff.
  • edited October 2015
    Crusty54 said:

Two new full backs needed.

Plus a new game plan. Pass to Solly every time doesn't work any more.

This may mean clearing out all the first team coaching staff.

I heard today that two members of the first team coaching staff simply ignore what is said by the third one.
    Nothing nasty, simply not listened to.
  • colin1961 said:

Henderson did not have a save to make in 90 mins yet we still lost

Erm...well....erm....their shots on target?
  • Dross.

Came out fairly lively but with our amateur levels of fitness we couldn't sustain it for more than ten minutes.

How can you make mccormack look like a world beater? He is plod but still managed to look busy against our overweight and unfit players. They really do look like a pub team in terms of fitness against the rest of the Championship.

Shocking that JJ was the most energetic player on the pitch. Played his socks off, well done.

Morgan Fox has the worst right foot I've seen in the modern game. You can't be a professional player if you can't kick or control a ball with your weaker foot. He was absolutely pony today and Solly wasn't much better.

BMIK. Watt showed flashes of brilliance but is no team player.

On today's showing the only player I'd want at championship level is Henderson. Bauer is so slow to track a runner

Really!!

I must have missed the flash amongst him continually losing or giving the ball away. How the fans have stuck by him I'll never know!
  • Sponsored links:

• Gonna have a cold lager and enjoy my Saturday night, feck em.
  • edited October 2015
    colin1961 said:

Henderson did not have a save to make in 90 mins yet we still lost

Pardon
  • Crusty54 said:

Two new full backs needed.

Both Solly and Fox give the opposition wingers far too much space. All of the other teams are aware of this weakness and play on it every week.

We need a new manager "bounce". Your time is up Mr Luzon!

• seth plum said:

PWR

Roland is the owner, he can do what he likes.

Two 3-0 home defeats in a week.

Injuries are not the excuse today.

Brentford were better than us in every department for 80% of that game, maybe more, and as I said pre match Alan Judge (got from Notts County) basically tore our pathetic attempts to compete to shreds.

Luzon says we have the quality, and when it returns it will prevail, well he is wrong.
    Luzon, like the previous managers has been given an impossible job, and he probably still thinks he can do it, maybe the regime still think they can do it. The unreality is unreal if you get my drift.

The only card Duchatelet has got to play is sacking Luzon and hoping for new manager bounce, other than that we're relegated.

We're probably relegated whatever happens. We are going to see a lot of players looking after number one this season.

This thread will discuss this move or that event or the other player, but we are out of our depth in every area of this club, with the one saving grace, the one bit of compensation, being the academy set up. However we are now seeing the fruits of our academy being de-skilled, and mis-used week by week by the chite circumstances this ignorant and arrogant regime have created. Cousins and Solly are being contaminated at an accelerating rate by these events, and my advice to those decent Charlton products, who I have a particular fondness for, my advice is to get out of this mess of a club as soon as you can.

Roland is the owner and he can do what he likes, we can only gawp and weep from the sidelines, and yes right now it is that bad.

Please, please will some positive poster construct a story that tells us there is a way out, because I can't see one.

Simon Francis and Alan McCormack, supposedly two of the worst players ever to play for CAFC. Why mention them? Because sometimes players who look dreadful, are in reality, far from dreadful, they just need the right set up in order to give their best. All our players were terrible today, but I know that many of them are very good players, too good for League One. We need a lift, we need confidence and either the squad needs strengthening, or we need more luck with injuries. We need a catalyst to turn this around quickly. A new manager such as Riga could do it, or a new signing, but something needs to happen and quickly. Everyone needs to keep their heads. New ownership might help, but we have to be realistic, we were on the market for years and nobody wanted us.
  • Dog shit afternoon capped by the smell of dog shit around our seats all game. No idea who it was but someone will be digging a toothpick into the grooves right now.
  • Poor poor poor but still not as bad as Preston.

Thought Sarr and McAleny had their best games. Not great but better.

But Sarr playing means Bauer shifts to the other side. Not good.

Fox had a shocker.

We played well for 20 mins until Brentford worked us out. After that they always had two wide players and stretched us. JJ and Cousins were outnumbered in the middle.

Judge and woods were quality for them. McCormack showed why ordinary English players can be more effective in the rough and tumble of English football.

Mak not fit and didn't do much. Watt had 20 mins and then went off what he played all 90? Are you sure?

We looked terrible, had nothing from the bench, Luzon's only seems to know 442 and nothing will make him change from it.

Getting rid might give us a bounce but for how long? The underlying problem of an inadequate squad continues until KM convinces Roland that he needs that we need more than bare minimum. I'm not holding my breath.
  • _MrDick said:

Well done Brentford. Just shows what can be done with a group of players that are well coached. McCormack looked a different player from the one that was lambasted on here. If I were Guy, my resignation would be on KM's desk in the morning. Where do we go from here ... Who knows. We're a shambles and an embarrassment of a club at the moment.

Where do we go from here? That's the question that's been on my mind since we chucked the towel in around 3.26 this afternoon.
    What really scares me is that I 've got a feeling that it's going to be the big question at Sparrows Lane Monday morning.
    So where do they go from here.
    Luzon? Anywhere I don't care, as far away as possible.
    Our Belgian friends, ditto I don't care, just for the love Charlton go.
    Players? Stay if you want to fight for the club, if not off you go with the idiots from Belgium.
  • Thought we were better this afternoon than we were against Preston. We should have scored 1 or 2 early on, and, Reza was caught off side 4 times in the last 30 minutes. Against Preston we didn't manage anything. We need to bring in some defenders on loan, play a back 5 and grind out a result from somewhere......anywhere. With a proper tactical disposition this ought to be possible. Could Luzon do it? His record in management so far, particularly with Israel U21 and Standard Liege seems to indicate that he could. But - it's still October and we need 45 points from 33 games to be sure of staying up. If RD doesn't want Luzon then he's got several 'network' bods he could slot in (none of whom have UK experience) though I wouldn't fancy any of them and we'd be better off with Malky McKay - if that was why he attended the game today. We're in for a hard time.
  • We couldn't get near them but I'm not sure we even tried to. So frustrating to see how often fox and solly stood off their wingers to allow easy balls into our box.
  • Did anyone else witness the prick in the West Upper block M offering out another bloke four seats away during the 2nd half and doing the hold me back bit even though nobody was trying too. The fella who was on the receiving end left soon after.
    The stupid twat did a similar thing to a different bloke during half-time on Tuesday.
    Stewards appeared eventually, once the heat had gone out of it.
    Absolute moron.
  • Sponsored links:

• colin1961 said:

Dross.

Came out fairly lively but with our amateur levels of fitness we couldn't sustain it for more than ten minutes.

How can you make mccormack look like a world beater? He is plod but still managed to look busy against our overweight and unfit players. They really do look like a pub team in terms of fitness against the rest of the Championship.

Shocking that JJ was the most energetic player on the pitch. Played his socks off, well done.

Morgan Fox has the worst right foot I've seen in the modern game. You can't be a professional player if you can't kick or control a ball with your weaker foot. He was absolutely pony today and Solly wasn't much better.

BMIK. Watt showed flashes of brilliance but is no team player.

On today's showing the only player I'd want at championship level is Henderson. Bauer is so slow to track a runner

JJ you sure ,,,,, McCormack run past him time and time again , Jackson showed why he should not be in the starting line , so outpaced for most of the game
    Bore off Colin.
  • Sorry Guy, but it's time to go. Mcormack is a very ordinary player but no-one in our midfield got anyway near him today. Cousins,Moussa and JBG have stolen their wages this week and should be ashamed for their lack of effort, but it suggests that they have lost faith in you.

Looking at the bigger picture where are we going to get the next Yoni Buyens, Bulot and TBH from now Roly doesn't own Liege, it appears he won't spend any money so we may be doomed already.
  • All the coaching staff have gone.
  • Luzon sacked.
  • Okay for first 15 minutes but couldn't take our chances then disintegrated. Fox and Moussa were dire and Makienok was ineffective alongside Watt who forgets this is a team game. Sarr was okay and that was about it.

JBG looks like he wants to go..
  • Many problems but the priorities for me are:

- the players don't look to have the core fitness to compete at this level
    - we must go 4-5-1 for a few games at least to stop the rot
    - Luzon must go, may not be his fault but there now needs radical change. Please get someone in who knows the division
    - get at least a couple of good players in on loan.
  • Spent the afternoon doing pumpkins!

So did Brentford by the sound of it.
    Thank you for this Stockhausen, best laugh I have had all afternoon, cheered me up no end. Now where's the beer
  • It's been like this for weeks now. The first few games were a blip, driven by GL's manic personality, but now he's been found out. I honestly don't know what the answer is but it would not harm to get a good old British manager in. Would be a start anyway. Something drastic is needed otherwise it'll just get worse.

Now, whether we have the players is another question but they did perform for the 1st few games so you'd think they have it in them.

Also, someone needs to look at the conditioning/training routine. All the injuries point to there being something seriously wrong there. Also the fact that the players just don't look ready for a full 90 minutes.

Bizarre.
  • Am I the first to hear this? It's official, Luzon has gone. Totally inevitable as the man had clearly lost the plot. Trouble is why would any coach with any pride or ambition chance coming in and working for Duchatalet. Anyhow I repeat -Guy Luzon is sacked.
  • Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear, what are you going to do now.... huh?