Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v. Brentford post match views 2015/16

Comments

• Pathetic trying to please us by revealing the finances which we're supposed to be happy about at this time. Fed up of the gimmicks. Fed up of the football.
  • Pretty sure it was the decision to take Makienok off that was booed. He was our only outlet up top and was winning everything. The other lazy fuck up top just wasn't getting on the end of it
  • Not renewing my season ticket was my most sensible decision I've made in years
  • Anyone know what the attendance was today? I would say that it was an embarrassing sub 10k.

I don't blame the stay away fans, but after AB revelations of the hike in actual attendances from reality, I doubt that we shall get an accurate figure anyway.
  • Absolute crap. The club no longer bears any resemblance to the old Charlton I've followed for over 25 years. Not willing to give any more of my hard earned wages to RD's retirement fund.

I'm afraid to say it's definitely time to do a Blackpool and start boycotting Charlton for a non-league side like Welling United or Bromley.
  • Watched the stream, wish I hadn't. No passion, no desire, no fight, no character. Over run by McOxo and Judge. What hope is there when players give so little for their manager and fans as soon as they lose a few games? How about fighting to turn it around, rather than doing all they can to get the manager sacked. We'll be changing manager every six months at this rate. Anyway bring back Riga or Curbs, we are now in yet another relegation battle.

What? There was a stream? I didn't know that.... I was watching West Ham's match against Chelsea while following the Match Thread on here. Probably nothing much missed. :(
    Yes, I was watching both. Stream very choppy and frustrating, you're lucky you missed it! It was on firstrowsports for future reference.

• Luzon must go .. as simple as that .. the experiment has blown up the laboratory .. the players potentially are good enough to keep us up BUT .. WE NEED A DECENT MANAGER .. who knows this division and what tactics to use .. 90% of us on here know as much about tactics and what is required as does Luzon .. he MUST go A S A P
  • The new Alex Ferguson.....Embarassing, really.

Watt lazy? - who knew?
  • We are so pedestrian in midfield its embarrassing. The full backs were awful as were the wide players. Once we conceded heads went down and the game was over. Despite conceding three Saar and Bauer were our best players. Jacko's best days are long gone. Cousins is regressing and we miss Kashi. Saying that if we had taken even one of our early chances it may have been different, but we didn't. Also my previous sympathy with Luzon has waned. I'm sure someone else could get better from these players. Someone may get that chance soon.
  • Shite once they went ahead it was game over and they were there for the taking. This club will be the next pompey. Where are the relegation Millwall buffoons now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Well done Brentford. Just shows what can be done with a group of players that are well coached. McCormack looked a different player from the one that was lambasted on here. If I were Guy, my resignation would be on KM's desk in the morning. Where do we go from here ... Who knows. We're a shambles and an embarrassment of a club at the moment.
  • edited October 2015

ROLAND OUT ROLAND OUT and take the cluless with you. PLEASE SELL THE CLUB TO SOMEONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO RUN IT PROPERLY. If I had as much money as Roland Charlton would now be in the Premier League - THAT IS FOR SURE.

...and a very warm welcome to Charlton Life to you.
  • Newton and Ridley.
  • No rocket science needed here. This scenario has been seen probably a 1000 times since the war. And the solution too. When a club starts a season very badly the most effective and simple short term solution is to bring in a new experienced manager.
  • Dross.

Came out fairly lively but with our amateur levels of fitness we couldn't sustain it for more than ten minutes.

How can you make mccormack look like a world beater? He is plod but still managed to look busy against our overweight and unfit players. They really do look like a pub team in terms of fitness against the rest of the Championship.

Shocking that JJ was the most energetic player on the pitch. Played his socks off, well done.

Morgan Fox has the worst right foot I've seen in the modern game. You can't be a professional player if you can't kick or control a ball with your weaker foot. He was absolutely pony today and Solly wasn't much better.

BMIK. Watt showed flashes of brilliance but is no team player.

On today's showing the only player I'd want at championship level is Henderson. Bauer is so slow to track a runner
  • Brentford showed us today the real postives of attacking Fullbacks and playing with width.
    Bar Gudmundsson we have nobody to offer that.
    Fox is nowhere near good enough for this level, no pace and crossing sporadic.
    Moussa looks better when he comes inside rather than playing wide
    Solly has not found any consistency this season.
    Cousins was honestly poor in the middle too and Jackson was being put in the middle of the Brentford triangles.
    Honestly the only players I feel that can potentially come out of that with any credit are Bauer, Sarr ( Who I thought was solid today) and Henderson.
    Some serious investment needed at LB, RB, LM and CM in January or I think we are in big trouble.
  • uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurgghh jesus can't be bothered with this anymore
  • Dross.

Came out fairly lively but with our amateur levels of fitness we couldn't sustain it for more than ten minutes.

How can you make mccormack look like a world beater? He is plod but still managed to look busy against our overweight and unfit players. They really do look like a pub team in terms of fitness against the rest of the Championship.

Shocking that JJ was the most energetic player on the pitch. Played his socks off, well done.

Morgan Fox has the worst right foot I've seen in the modern game. You can't be a professional player if you can't kick or control a ball with your weaker foot. He was absolutely pony today and Solly wasn't much better.

BMIK. Watt showed flashes of brilliance but is no team player.

On today's showing the only player I'd want at championship level is Henderson. Bauer is so slow to track a runner

Whilst I agree with much of what you say, Henderson shouldn't be here. Yes he is a very good keeper, when he is fit, but he spends too much time out. We need a number 1 that spends more time in the goal than on the physio table.
  • Sponsored links:

• Absolute rubbish even if you ignore the wider club issues. Luzon now looks completely tactically inept. Clear after 20 mins what Brentford where doing and how they set up, as with all the other games since we started losing. But no, rigid 442 is the order of the day.

Cant see anyway Luzon stays in charge.
  • Watched the stream, wish I hadn't. No passion, no desire, no fight, no character. Over run by McOxo and Judge. What hope is there when players give so little for their manager and fans as soon as they lose a few games? How about fighting to turn it around, rather than doing all they can to get the manager sacked. We'll be changing manager every six months at this rate. Anyway bring back Riga or Curbs, we are now in yet another relegation battle.

What? There was a stream? I didn't know that.... I was watching West Ham's match against Chelsea while following the Match Thread on here. Probably nothing much missed. :(
    Yes, I was watching both. Stream very choppy and frustrating, you're lucky you missed it! It was on firstrowsports for future reference.

Thanks. I'll check that site before every game in future.
  • My season ticket has found a new home in the bin, someone give me any reason to take it out
  • good first 15 mins, didn't take our chances,

then BOOM, we implode.

we're getting beat big now, it's not even close,

at the risk of causing upset, Solly and Cousins were poor and have been poor, Fox ditto.

we will be relegated make no bones about it.

Brentford looked so much more comfortable on the ball especially in midfield. they looked like a 'team'.

totally fed up.

said before Preston couldn't see us scoring or winning again this season, tempted to have a bet on it now.
  • Taxi for Guy
  • Please, please will some positive poster construct a story that tells us there is a way out, because I can't see one.

I've heard they are scrapping the academy and and build a Belgian chocolate factory instead.

• We are a total shambles.
  • Poor ...so poor ...wished I'd stayed home and watched the rugby. Certainly will next week as I have no interest in listening to the Boro game.