Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v. Brentford post match views 2015/16

edited October 2015 in General Charlton
Though we started optimistically, Brentford's two Alans—"Oxo Tower" McCormack and "Judge, Jury and Executioner"—ran the show for most of the 90 minutes.

We're a rudderless ship. The ever-deft Ms. Miere has painted herself into a corner once again. Will she ever learn? It was spelled out in black and white right in front of us this afternoon. What is she to do with Guy now?

What's that... oh, you're right. Silly me... over to you Roland!

(PS Do your selves a favour and go outside and spend some quality time in the fresh air!)

Comments

• Total Richard
  • #BlamePope
  • Rubbish, confidence not idea.

It was clear to see we was outnumbered in midfield but Luzon refused to budge from 442 and did nothing to change the game.

Luzon out
  • RD your time has come, please please please sell up and fuck off, you are destroying this club by your stupid experiment, we are a proud club why would you do this, please go, please.

RD your time has come, please please please sell up and fuck off, you are destroying this club by your stupid experiment, we are a proud club why would you do this, please go, please.

RD your time has come, please please please sell up and fuck off, you are destroying this club by your stupid experiment, we are a proud club why would you do this, please go, please.

This this ... and this
  • Spent the afternoon doing pumpkins with my daughters. This is a waste of time. RD seems content to prove season after season that he's a clueless git in football. Wonder why he ploughs on with it!
  • RD your time has come, please please please sell up and fuck off, you are destroying this club by your stupid experiment, we are a proud club why would you do this, please go, please.

• Sponsored links:

• edited October 2015
    ROLAND OUT ROLAND OUT and take the cluless with you. PLEASE SELL THE CLUB TO SOMEONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO RUN IT PROPERLY. If I had as much money as Roland Charlton would now be in the Premier League - THAT IS FOR SURE.
  • edited October 2015
    Guy will go of that I'm sure, if he doesn't then RD/KM really do have it in for us! I can see it now in a few years, RD sells off the Valley after we have fallen to the Conference or whatever its called, social housing where the proud ground once stood, well he did say he wants to do something good didn't he!!! I fear for us and our future with him in charge.
  • No plan B, rigid slow 4-4-2. It was the same under Powell, Petiers, and now Luzon.

Teams know how to play against us, we made Brentford look like Bacelona for a lot of that game.
  • Watched the stream, wish I hadn't. No passion, no desire, no fight, no character. Over run by McOxo and Judge. What hope is there when players give so little for their manager and fans as soon as they lose a few games? How about fighting to turn it around, rather than doing all they can to get the manager sacked. We'll be changing manager every six months at this rate. Anyway bring back Riga or Curbs, we are now in yet another relegation battle.
  • Something needs to change - and quickly. Whether you blame the owners, the manager (or head coach or whatever he is called) or the playing staff is up for discussion.

The first thing to cure is the lack of harmony which seems to rife amongst players, supporters and other staff. I posted about a year ago that the departure of Morrison and Kermorgant symbolised more than the departure of two decent Championship players. It symbolised to me the exit of players who were prepared to fight for the club.

I suspect there are troublemakers in this current squad - I may be wrong - but they need to go now if I am right. With a thin squad, that is difficult and whilst I am not in the 'spend spend spend, Roland' camp, it is ultimately his bad investments that need ejecting and replacing with those who can perform at this level most games even when things aren't going well.

I feel as angry as I have ever felt about the club I have supported for over 50 years. RD got shot of players who gave their best and has replaced with fly by nights in the main. Will he sort it out or will the laudable Black and White succeed? I don't know, but effingwell hope so.
  • edited October 2015
    Full backs were awful. Good old days Solly and Wiggins never let a cross over. They were raining in today. Lucky Bees forwards were midgets. Solly not only his knees are gone but his head. Must realise this is as good as it gets for him after early promise and England interest. Lazy punts up the line. Should have been him defending 2nd & 3rd goals not Cousins and Bauer. JJ did nothing all game. Too puffed to cajole more effort. McAleny - why is he here and playing in front of our kids? No touch. Useless.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

No need for personal insults at KM we know she's in RD's pocket.

I'm not sure what we were playing for today.

Sarr and Bauer strangely were our best players yet we lost 3-0.

I thought we looked OK until the goal and then positioning went out the window.

Jackson tried to be everywhere which left gaps.

Makienok's not fit enough to do the chasing down that maybe KAG would have done well at.

The only good thing that can be said is the first two were great finishes and the last a lucky deflection I think?

One thing that was obvious Luzon can't lift the team and no matter who we replace him with they'll have the same issue.

Also why was SM booed off? That was pathetic.

Can't see who lolled this. Can only assume it's a twit.
  • It doesnt matter what Manager comes in because the club is rotten at the top. No Manager could be successful if the Owner and Chief Exec are clueless about football. To me there is no point sacking Luzon. It is the Owner who should admit his way of doing things at Charlton clearly does not work and SELL us to someone who knows Charltons potential as soon as possible.
  • Watched the stream, wish I hadn't. No passion, no desire, no fight, no character. Over run by McOxo and Judge. What hope is there when players give so little for their manager and fans as soon as they lose a few games? How about fighting to turn it around, rather than doing all they can to get the manager sacked. We'll be changing manager every six months at this rate. Anyway bring back Riga or Curbs, we are now in yet another relegation battle.

What? There was a stream? I didn't know that.... I was watching West Ham's match against Chelsea while following the Match Thread on here. Probably nothing much missed. :(
  • Moderately less awful performance but with a better team, which is actually more worrying. Luzon needs to go.
  • He was injured.
  • We were completly outnumbered in the middle. No brentford players were marked. No one closed anyone down
    Any team can see if they play between our 2 rigid lines of 4 they have alk the time in world to play round us
  • Was It a packed valley