Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

SILVER MINIBUS!

Comments

• Our support is wank , in terms of numbers , with or without these recent bell end additions
  • Get in touch with the hire company this is assalt,they don't need to know it was a milkshake thrown
    Funny how they pick on you and your dad total bunch of knobheads where are we getting them from!!
    That being said came back from Waterloo earlier and has to witness so called rugby fans urinating on the train and being rude and abbusive
    Just don't get it
    No wonder attendances are going down no one wants to put up with these kind of knob fans
    Glad ur not put off

• LenGlover said:

Absolute scum throwing something at an old man.

There will be apologists on here though. "passion," "Stand up," "proper fans" blah, blah, blah.

I repeat scum.

I guess there won't be any apologists.
  • DA9DA9
    edited October 2015

Get in touch with the hire company this is assalt,they don't need to know it was a milkshake thrown
    Funny how they pick on you and your dad total bunch of knobheads where are we getting them from!!
    That being said came back from Waterloo earlier and has to witness so called rugby fans urinating on the train and being rude and abbusive
    Just don't get it
    No wonder attendances are going down no one wants to put up with these kind of knob fans
    Glad ur not put off

I used to work for a rental company, they won't give out any information, or shouldn't, it's data protection.
    We had plenty of incidents of people ringing up complaining about cars/vans/minibuses and bad driving, parking, blocking driveways etc but you are not allowed give out hirers or drivers details.
    Even if you were to say they were involved in an alleged assualt, they best they could do is advise you to go to the police and let them take it from there.
  • There was a load of this type on my coach up to Blackburn a few years back now, real give it heads, puffing on the coach, drinking etc until we stopped of at service station and me a coach of West ham supporters,, pretty hard ones.
    They melted quicker than that milkshake,

Fair play to the west ham lot as they knew who was there with kids and older family members, I was there with 2 11 year old.

They did ask if they would get off the coach politely to carry on the wankers gestures but they sadly declined.
    The moral is, if you can't back it up don't give it, especially when your involving kids and pensioners.
  • DA9 said:

Get in touch with the hire company this is assalt,they don't need to know it was a milkshake thrown
    Just don't get it
    Glad ur not put off

I used to work for a rental company, they won't give out any information, or shouldn't, it's data protection.
    We had plenty of incidents of people ringing up complaining about cars/vans/minibuses and bad driving, parking, blocking driveways etc but you are not allowed give out hirers or drivers details.
    Even if you were to say they were involved in an alleged assualt, they best they could do is advise you to go to the police and let them take it from there.
    With all due respect that's utter bollocks. The dpa 98 has a specific gateway allowing the disclosure of information in order to facilitate the detection or prevention of crime. Section 29 if you want to look it up. Rental firms just instruct employees to use that old crap line in the hope that the complainant will believe it and the matter will go no further.

In my view the OP should think about consulting with one of those firms that do no win no fee cases and claim an injury, stress and worry. Then it can all be dealt with as a civil matter through the rental firm's insurers.
  • cafcfan said:

DA9 said:

Just don't get it
    Glad ur not put off

With all due respect that's utter bollocks. The dpa 98 has a specific gateway allowing the disclosure of information in order to facilitate the detection or prevention of crime. Section 29 if you want to look it up. Rental firms just instruct employees to use that old crap line in the hope that the complainant will believe it and the matter will go no further.

In my view the OP should think about consulting with one of those firms that do no win no fee cases and claim an injury, stress and worry. Then it can all be dealt with as a civil matter through the rental firm's insurers.
    Yes, they would tell the police, but they're not going to give out personal information to some bloke on the phone. Which was DA9's point.
  • edited October 2015
    IA said:

cafcfan said:

DA9 said:

Just don't get it
    Glad ur not put off

Yes, they would tell the police, but they're not going to give out personal information to some bloke on the phone. Which was DA9's point.
    On the 'phone no, but there's a bog standard form you can use and the legislation is silent on who can use it. It's commonly used by the police (saves having to get a warrant) but also many, many other organisations like councils for example. The request must be in writing but as long as the reason is legitimate, like helping to identify a perpetrator of a crime, there's no legal reason why that shouldn't be disclosed.
    The rental companies and many others just want to avoid the aggravation so trot out the "computer says no" line.
  • We had some really nice fans foaming at the mouth about nothing yesterday, puts you off going really, it's like we've gone back to the 80's.

Agreed
  • The lot that decided to have a pop after Reading scored yesterday were cringeworthy in the extreme. All in there 40s - 50s, totally embarassing.

Left 10 minutes early when a pissed up Charlton fan staggered over to where me and my 2 kids were sitting, threw up numerous times and then sparked up a fag. Inadvertently found ourselves leaving with football factory wannabes who were ejected. Embarrassing wasn't the word for how they were pseudo 'giving it' to the stewards outside. Grow the f&@k up and get a life. I'm done with away games.

Saw the same thing. It's as if they are actors still in character for a 1970s knob heads tribute show.
  • Sponsored links:

• We had some really nice fans foaming at the mouth about nothing yesterday, puts you off going really, it's like we've gone back to the 80's.

ain't that the truth. Some of the antics were embarassing.
  • seth plum said:

There are folk who criticise our away support in terms of numbers, but I don't want to experience this kind of thing, this and the stuff at Palace it is dreary, alienating, lacking imagination, wit, passion and creativity, and is not about getting behind the lads, but self indulgence which is seen by some to be more important that being part of the wider supporting community.
    Away numbers will drop not only because of our chite form, but because of the lumpen nature of a section of our following.

I have no doubt some reading this will assume I have put myself on a pedestal but I don't really care about that opinion. In my general behaviour away, yes, I am 'better' than some of our supporters.

100% agree Seth. I was planning to go to Bristol for the Boxing Day game. Having serious second thoughts now. Not because of our dismal form, not because of any issues with Bristol, but because I don't want to share the same oxygen as some of the neanderthal low life we get at away games.
  • Davo55 said:

seth plum said:

There are folk who criticise our away support in terms of numbers, but I don't want to experience this kind of thing, this and the stuff at Palace it is dreary, alienating, lacking imagination, wit, passion and creativity, and is not about getting behind the lads, but self indulgence which is seen by some to be more important that being part of the wider supporting community.
    Away numbers will drop not only because of our chite form, but because of the lumpen nature of a section of our following.

I have no doubt some reading this will assume I have put myself on a pedestal but I don't really care about that opinion. In my general behaviour away, yes, I am 'better' than some of our supporters.

100% agree Seth. I was planning to go to Bristol for the Boxing Day game. Having serious second thoughts now. Not because of our dismal form, not because of any issues with Bristol, but because I don't want to share the same oxygen as some of the neanderthal low life we get at away games.
    It's ok, mummy won't let them out on boxing day :wink:
  • IA said:

cafcfan said:

DA9 said:

Just don't get it
    Glad ur not put off

This

With all due respect its not bollocks, IA understood my point, FACT, we were not allowed to give out hirer or even driver information (not always the same person) due to data protection, not because we hoped "it would go no further" We would advise people to contact the police who could then use their powers to investigate using our database if they needed to. Happened many a time with suspected drug dealers swapping cars regularly to the point we had plain clothed OB watching our forecourt from the main office a few times.
  • There was a load of this type on my coach up to Blackburn a few years back now, real give it heads, puffing on the coach, drinking etc until we stopped of at service station and me a coach of West ham supporters,, pretty hard ones.
    They melted quicker than that milkshake,

Fair play to the west ham lot as they knew who was there with kids and older family members, I was there with 2 11 year old.

They did ask if they would get off the coach politely to carry on the wankers gestures but they sadly declined.
    The moral is, if you can't back it up don't give it, especially when your involving kids and pensioners.

211 year old! That certainly trumps the 76 yr old in the OP.
  • MrOneLung said:

Some of our supporters are scum but am sure you will get the usual apologists on here.

LenGlover said:

There will be apologists on here though. "passion," "Stand up," "proper fans" blah, blah, blah.

So, where are these apologists then? Every post on this thread has rightly condemned the perpetrators.

I find it kind of sad that you would even think this.
  • Was going by previous responses to previous incidents.

Obviously attacking a 76 year old man is the line in the sand of what can be 'defended'
  • Really hope your Dad is OK. I too would like to buy him a beer and a pie sometime

One like is nowhere near enough for this post. Take a bow, I'll buy YOU a pint at a home game for that sentiment alone. No hollow offer, usually drinking in the Village pre-game,
    White Horse it is then'
    Thank you Calydon Road!
  • edited October 2015
    Off_it said:

MrOneLung said:

Some of our supporters are scum but am sure you will get the usual apologists on here.

LenGlover said:

So, where are these apologists then? Every post on this thread has rightly condemned the perpetrators.

I find it kind of sad that you would even think this.
    What MrOneLung said.

After the defensive reactions from some to the seats, flares and smoke bombs thrown in the past, to give one example, I anticipated some moron trying to justify this.

I am heartened and pleasantly surprised that they have not.
  • edited October 2015
    deliberately throwing a milkshake at someone 76 or not is a fucking disgraceful way to behave, in no way defending what someone done but aimlessly throwing a plastic bottle and it hitting a child in the face is again a ridiculous type of behaviour all be it im sure the person that threw it didn't mean to hurt a child nevertheless we don't need that sort of thing!!!, the stewards on Saturday I felt sorry for they don't get paid enough, to deal with that sort of shit, one of them was a bit of a pain to me as at 1st I wasn't allowed in apparently too drunk all be it I had 2 pints before the match, but eventually sense prevailed and he said I could go in, it has been mentioned on football ground guide that the stewards are a bit ott at reading, but seeing apparent Charlton fans fighting with stewards and the police was something ive rarely witnessed before.
  • Sponsored links:

• its a twat thing to do, id rather take a punch in the face than be covered in Milkshake miles from home.
    Imbecile.
  • Yet again blown out of context, as we went to got into the minibus one of the boys chucked the drink just as unfortunately your dad was walking behind the minibus, he wasn't targeted. You being a charlton fan is irrelevant, even if it was a reading fan its still not a nice thing to happen. We were probably a bit unapologetic at the time as a group of reading fans were hurling abuse at us but thats still no excuse. We've all got season tickets , travel up and down the country supporting charlton and are not "true fans" because we accidentally got milkshake on someone. Some of the comments on here a laughable, jumping on bandwagons without knowing what happened. Any of you lot actually go reading??
  • We had some really nice fans foaming at the mouth about nothing yesterday, puts you off going really, it's like we've gone back to the 80's.</blockquit was an accidental splatter of milkshake ..... not a brick!!! hahahaha

• MCFLURRYGATE!
  • @milkshake you're a piss taker with that username.

You say you were "unapologetic" at the time. My question is why the fuck not?

Reading fans were calling you names and giving you a cheeky wanker sign were they?

Boo hoo, grow up. It was your job to apologise after you lot covered an elderly man in drink miles from home.

Also, I don't care if you traveled to Reading, Timbuktu or The Moon supporting Charlton. Do you think that makes one bit of difference to what happened? I think not.
  • If I accidentally hit a 79 year old with a milkshake I'd be going out of my way to apologise to him straight away.

Each to their own.
  • milkshake said:

a group of reading fans were hurling abuse at us

That milkshake brings all the Reading fans to the yard
  • 'covered' a man , were you there , did you see how much he was 'covered; in ?? ... and we did say sorry!!, if you dont no the ins and outs pipe down and stop picking up on information you wish to pickyoure acting as if we threw a brick or pinned him down and started doing body art out of milkshake on him . We threw a milkshake it accidentally hit someone and now were scumbags and "we taken it back to the 80s' .... laughable