Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

SILVER MINIBUS!

To any of you that are on here that were part of the group of "fans" in a silver minibus hired from Rainham Essex that was parked in the car park by McDonalds at yesterday's Reading game. Thanks for the "free" milkshake that one of you threw at my 76 year old dad! As I tried to point out after it happened that I too was a Charlton fan and all I got was "ta, ta" "jog-on" mate.

Comments

• You are opening yourself up to abuse with people saying it is only milkshake,was worse in the 70's, what do you expect against a fairly local promotion rival....

Some of our supporters are scum but am sure you will get the usual apologists on here.
  • What do you mean against a local promotion rival! That's got f£&k all to do with it! And it was only a milkshake, I don't care what it was it was something thrown at my dad!
  • edited October 2015
    chappers said:

What do you mean against a local promotion rival! That's got f£&k all to do with it! And it was only a milkshake, I don't care what it was it was something thrown at my dad!

I read it as free "milkshake" for a minute (rather than "free" milkshake) so could have been worse.

Unfortunately every club has some arseholes following them, we seem to be collecting more at the minute too.
  • Shocking! There are some real skegs of society following us around.
  • We had some really nice fans foaming at the mouth about nothing yesterday, puts you off going really, it's like we've gone back to the 80's.
  • What an absolute disgrace. Really disappointed to hear that. Given me the right hump and I wasn't even at the game. Some right pieces of work down there now.
  • Dare I ask what flavour it was ?
  • The lot that decided to have a pop after Reading scored yesterday were cringeworthy in the extreme. All in there 40s - 50s, totally embarassing.
  • chappers said:

What do you mean against a local promotion rival! That's got f£&k all to do with it! And it was only a milkshake, I don't care what it was it was something thrown at my dad!

Sorry, was trying to say some people will come up with some shit old excuses to justify what happened.
  • Sponsored links:

• They prolly thought you were Reading , give them a break

*im being sarcastic like MrOneLung ... Totally disgusting behaviour

• Disgusting!
  • Sorry to hear this....

.....but any chance your Dad could play up front for us on Tuesday? :smile:

Seriously though, hope he's ok and not put off going by by the stupid actions of these absolute wankers.
  • The lot that decided to have a pop after Reading scored yesterday were cringeworthy in the extreme. All in there 40s - 50s, totally embarassing.

Left 10 minutes early when a pissed up Charlton fan staggered over to where me and my 2 kids were sitting, threw up numerous times and then sparked up a fag. Inadvertently found ourselves leaving with football factory wannabes who were ejected. Embarrassing wasn't the word for how they were pseudo 'giving it' to the stewards outside. Grow the f&@k up and get a life. I'm done with away games.

• There are some right melvins who follow our club on the road.
  • Would love to hear from any of them who may visit this site and get an apology. But not holding my breath!
  • PL54 said:

Dare I ask what flavour it was ?

I would imagine the Ape that bought it would prefer Banana.
  • Sponsored links:

Left 10 minutes early when a pissed up Charlton fan staggered over to where me and my 2 kids were sitting, threw up numerous times and then sparked up a fag. Inadvertently found ourselves leaving with football factory wannabes who were ejected. Embarrassing wasn't the word for how they were pseudo 'giving it' to the stewards outside. Grow the f&@k up and get a life. I'm done with away games.

Thankfully we were nowhere near it. Our seats were right at the back and I knew my 10 year old wasn't going to be able to see anything once the game started. Had a word with the head steward who let us move to the section infront of the disabled enclosure.

My daughter actually said to me "daddy, they are older than you and all the Reading fans are laughing at them, what is wrong with them?"
  • Disgraceful, hope your Dad's ok.

I highly doubt there will be any apologists for this latest incident

There has been a noticeable rise in the helmet /normal punter ratio at away games ....
    I've decided on only going to the further away games with my kids where there's numerous empty seats to move away from the bells and less of them there
    Hope you get to some more away games with a better experience than what you had yesterday
  • Why did you mention you were Charlton. I don't care weather you were a Charlton, Palace, Millwall or take that supporter no one deserves to have Milkshake or anything else thrown over them. What pisses me off is the fact that they would not have done that to me or mine because I would have caved his fucking head in, and no I don't going looking for trouble but will not tolerate pricks like that throwing milkshake, coins or anything else in or around football grounds or anywhere for that matter. If your old man goes to the Valley next Saturday home game meet up and I will buy him a beer we are not all fucking idiots

Cheers BP. The thing that annoyed me apart from the drink thing was the send off by them.
  • We do have some goons but the the overwhelming majority on here are sheer class.

Makes me proud to be Charlton when other fans offer pies and beers to make your old man a better impression of what we are really all about.

Hope you take us up on the offers @chappers. Should be a beer from each supporter per home game till the end of the season. One beer each mind, anymore and the venerable notion will mean no other bugger can get served at half time ;)

COYR. Some things are far more important than a late winner on a Saturday
  • Really hope your Dad is OK. I too would like to buy him a beer and a pie sometime

One like is nowhere near enough for this post. Take a bow, I'll buy YOU a pint at a home game for that sentiment alone. No hollow offer, usually drinking in the Village pre-game,
    White Horse it is then'