Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Fulham - match thread

Comments

• Leuth said:

Another factor to look at...You dont concede a free kick, they dont get the opportunity to score from it in the first place.

Yet you dont see the idiot who gave it away getting lynched on here... or McAlney for missing a golden chance in the first 40secs

The idiot who gave it away, Ba, has been our best player by an absolute mile
    No, it was diarra.
  • LenGlover said:

Pope is not rubbish but his weakness is the powerful shot along the ground, you might think that the coach would have rectified it and a defender would be ready to kick away any rebound

This.

It's a team game and all individuals have strengths and weaknesses.

It's not rocket science to instruct a defender to look out for deflections if the goalkeeper cannot hold the ball especially from free kicks.
    Come on. A goalkeeper who can't collect the ball that's straight at him does not fit in with your argument at all . As last year, he is costing us points
  • And no I'm not trying to find excuses for Pope... I just dont see it being productive digging one player out in what is a team game
  • It's not all doom and gloom. We're actually playing slightly better than Fulham, but they do look more likely to put the ball in the net when they attack which makes all the difference. Some of our passing has been excellent and we've created some clear cut chances in McAleny's miss and Watt's cross. We're not troubling their keeper enough though and something fairly drastic has to change for us to get 3 points out of this though. Most be can hope for at the moment is that we defend resolutely and put a chance away. Wouldn't mind seeing Moussa come on for Ahearne-Grant and McAleny pushed up with Watt. We're not going to win anything in their air but Fulham are definitely vulnerable to runners in behind
  • To be fair Mcaleny could have reversed the entire momentum of the past month in the first minute - awful miss.
  • Seeing the replays on sky....... Defenders very slow to react at the goal.

Don't blame them, bread and butter for your keeper and Popes reaction shows that. If they ran in after as fast as they could they'd be wasting energy, well would normally be.
  • Been the better team but awful mistake means we are behind. Need Henderson back and maky to cause some problems from crosses. Front players too small without him. We also seem to only be playing it over the top to the wingers, which to me seems odd, why not play a few balls over the top to watt or grant
  • Cant score and dodgy in defence - not a great combo. Pope I'm sorry to say can't cope with low shots and our defenders are too slow to react.
    Played some decent stuff but we're ineffective!
  • Leuth said:

Another factor to look at...You dont concede a free kick, they dont get the opportunity to score from it in the first place.

Yet you dont see the idiot who gave it away getting lynched on here... or McAlney for missing a golden chance in the first 40secs

The idiot who gave it away, Ba, has been our best player by an absolute mile
    No, it was diarra.
    Oh yeah, Ba gave another one away in a similar position. I'm ill ok
  • Sponsored links:

• In our poor run last season pope was in goal, same is happening this season.
  • Mitov is getting an extended warm-up btw...
  • Pope was lucky on the first shot that nearly went under him, he clearly has a major weakness in this area.
  • I'm not sure, having watched the team for the first time this season, what to say! Pope mistake was awful, yet just minutes earlier he pulled off a great save, Mcalney miss after 27 seconds was poor, but he has looked useful since then. To me we just look as though we have no confidence and Watt seems uninterested, I cant see us winning this at all, but we might nick a point.
    RD had the chance to strengthen he didn't and now it seems as though our injury list is coming to bite us on the arse, such a shame after a very useful start to the season.
  • I didn't think we'd be anywhere near the bottom three this season. Now I'm genuinely worried we could be relegated.
  • Unchanged for the second half
  • Seeing the replays on sky....... Defenders very slow to react at the goal.

Don't blame them, bread and butter for your keeper and Popes reaction shows that. If they ran in after as fast as they could they'd be wasting energy, well would normally be.
    Not excusing pope, but it was a free kick, what were the defenders doing........ surely they should be expecting the ball to be played forward, and expect to defend, Not excusing Pope, but not good defending sorry.

• Come on now Charlton - let's fucking ave em!!!!!!!!!
  • We survive a scare
  • Sponsored links:

• Sleepy start jesus
  • We've played ok but absolutely nothing up front and a very dodgy keeper.
    No squad.
  • Why the Fuck do Sky love Jamie Ohara
  • We're rubbish. Absolutely clueless in the final third
  • edited October 2015
    We are good at turning attack into defence at the moment. KAG looks so slow and Ba then gives the ball away when we are in a great position. shit!
  • Watt misses an easy header. And by that I mean he misses the ball with his head
  • That's better. Watt putting the pressure on.
  • edited October 2015

Huskaris said:

I'll say it again. Mitov must be asking what has to happen in order for him to get a game. I would be having serious words with the manager. It's not fair on him.

Maybe because the boss knows what'll happen to him if he makes a mistake... Pigott / Pope wont be the first to have a career ruined by the forum experts
    If you think footballer's careers are ruined by old men on forums then you're weird
    What makes you think we're all old men?

To be honest... I've made a mistake in the work place before and have been given a dressing down in front of the dept, its embarassing and quite frankly damaged my confidence.

Leon Cort proved a few seasons ago that players do come on here so if Pope comes on here and sees this, he'd have doubts in his head... know I would
    Hopefully us saying it on here wouldn't be some sort of revelation to him...
  • Come on you reds!!! It's coming, as long as we don't make bloody mistakes.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!