Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Fulham - match thread

Comments

• Pope's distribution looks much better - great long pass there.
  • We look pretty good! Have a great feeling about this game now. Just need a little bit of luck in front of the goal.
  • Why every time we get a corner does the ball get put in exactly the same place.
  • We are playing fairly well in the first half of a game. Shocking.
  • Keeper's now flap-punched two corners barely clear. We need to stick someone on him next corner we win
  • We are pressing really well, and just after a move with about 20 passes that ended with a corner. Much better than recent performances.
  • We're actually playing quite well. It's kind of creeping me out. Our final ball is atrocious though and when we break down the wings there's no-one in the box and we're not troubling their keeper. We need to capitalise on some of these excellent openings we're creating
  • We are pressing really well, and just after a move with about 20 passes that ended with a corner. Much better than recent performances.

Yes much much better than I expected !
  • McAlenys sponge has fallen off. That was a thunderbolt.
  • We play well on the counter, great move and shot from McAleny just misses high to right.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good save from Pope off a swerving shot. Followed closely by Pope completely missing a long shot from O'Hara and it luckily going wide. So basically, does some good things and ruins it by then doing some bizarre stuff. Like the actual Pope really.
  • McAlenys sponge has fallen off. That was a thunderbolt.

I think the lad just needs game time. He's growing in confidence.
  • Good save from Pope off a swerving shot. Followed closely by Pope completely missing a long shot from O'Hara and it luckily going wide. So basically, does some good things and ruins it by then doing some bizarre stuff. Like the actual Pope really.

To be fair it was a tough shot, bouncing just in front of him and dying. Dealt with it well imo
  • Good press and Fulham letting us play the football we like to play more so than other teams, but we just know they are more clinical than us, so unless we take a chance or two ... Good game for the neutral though for a 0-0, but all neutrals are now swapping to Everton v Liverpool. haha

To be fair it was a tough shot, bouncing just in front of him and dying. Dealt with it well imo
    Dealt with it well? He dived over it and barely brushed it with the underside of his arm. If that had been on target it would have been a goal. It was a tough shot but he wasn't equal to it there
  • Pope did a Pope
  • Pope is not good enough. HOW MANY TIMES.
  • 0-1. Pope spills McCormack's free kick and Fulham put in the rebound
  • Pope is like starting to fart again in the days following a dose of the shits. You never know if you can fully trust him.

Yep - that one was a shart.

Had enough of these. It's a fucking basic flaw in his technique.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good job the cheerleaders are warming up to lift the mood....
  • fuck. Pope gonna be flogged again.
    1 - 0 Fulham.
  • Once again Pope spills to an attacker and concedes.
  • We need a player who acts as a babysitter next to pope so every time he drops it they can kick it away faster than an attacker can score. Ridiculous.
  • Where were our defenders too? We know he's always got a clanger in him so they should be following that it as well!
  • Blimey not again........
  • Oh, look. Pope's dropped it. How predictable.
  • Anyone else want to make anymore excuses for Nicky "I can't believe he's not made of butter" Pope?
  • I may be swaying in my support of Pope. I feel like I'm telling the vet to put my dog down but that spill has annoyed me
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!