Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Fulham - match thread

Comments

• That's just awful from Pope. He's not good enough. We need a replacement. Fast. That's basic goalkeeping.
  • God knows what Pope is like in a bar if he can't handle shots like that
  • no arguments now surely .. WE NEED A DECENT GOALKEEPER .. (and a few more besides) .. shame about the miss in the first minute
  • Pope can play like a world beater as much as he likes so that people defend him on here, but if he then proceeds to make an error every other game it's not gonna cut it. SHITE.
  • Our defending is getting a bit comical.
  • Same old errors from Pope.

If he can't cut those out of his game he isn't going to make it as a keeper at this level.

Need Henderson back ASAP.

Looking good up to then but all undone by another keeper mistake.
  • Pope is rubbish. So so bad. Can't do the basics.
  • I'll say it again. Mitov must be asking what has to happen in order for him to get a game. I would be having serious words with the manager. It's not fair on him.
  • Kit Symons at half time; open up some space and shoot low. follow in with a run.

job done, beat our entire team by finding a hole in the most important player on the pitch.
  • His body language is totally wrong for a keeper.
  • Sponsored links:

• I did say the public flogging was coming :confused:
  • Ba incorrectly flagged offside when behind the defence
  • And the thing is, people who aren't nuanced in the game won't think of this, but his erratic nature means we pull everyone back for corners and set pieces and hack the ball clear in a panicky way. Therefore we have no outlet to alleviate the pressure on our already under confident keeper, exasperating the situation
  • How many times. I said so long ago that it Pope was a Network signing he'd have been slaughtered on here. He's 2 Bob and needs to go.
  • Huskaris said:

I'll say it again. Mitov must be asking what has to happen in order for him to get a game. I would be having serious words with the manager. It's not fair on him.

Maybe because the boss knows what'll happen to him if he makes a mistake... Pigott / Pope wont be the first to have a career ruined by the forum experts
  • Popes mistake was shite but we have been really unlucky.
  • edited October 2015
    such a shame that Pope has let us down again .. we are doing OK here .. Watt looks back on form and the midfield is making progress

Does that surprise you?
  • great cross by Watt........ golden chance no2
  • Brilliant by Watt. A great pass down the wing from Fox, Watt outclasses the defender. Great ball across goal. KAG late to it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Pope is not rubbish but his weakness is the powerful shot along the ground, you might think that the coach would have rectified it and a defender would be ready to kick away any rebound
  • We need a new number one goalkeeper. Henderson is brilliant but can't be relied on to stay fit and Nick Pope is just a disaster waiting to happen every game.

Think he's earned this one though.

What does surprise me is even though Pope spills just about every shot that is hit into his body, the defence never seems to be expecting that second ball. It's insane, you'd think one of Bauer or Diarra would be racing to pick up that likely rebound

Why the surprise ? The bloke isn't up to it.

Does that surprise you?
    No.
  • Laddick01 said:

Popes mistake was shite but we have been really unlucky.

Why is it unlucky when you make a mistake that gives away a goal?

And we haven't had a testing shot on target for Fulham, nor have they to us but that freekick was a test enough for Pope apparently
  • First game I've seen since hull... We've really gotten bad. No one wants to make a run to the penalty spot.. The feeling the defence are bottling tackles a bit.. Not good
  • Huskaris said:

I'll say it again. Mitov must be asking what has to happen in order for him to get a game. I would be having serious words with the manager. It's not fair on him.

Maybe because the boss knows what'll happen to him if he makes a mistake... Pigott / Pope wont be the first to have a career ruined by the forum experts
    Largely those people who have had their careers "ruined" by forum experts have ended up at much lower league clubs. It doesn't take a genius to identify when someone is way out of their depth.
  • Who was that who made the useful interception on the edge of our area? Hard to see numbers, and commentators spent too long drooling over McCormack to say.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!