Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Spares for Palace...

Comments

• shine166 said:

Purposely buying, to sell for profit Is a scummy thing to do... No questions about it. 'Recouping' travel costs is no excuse, it is probably cheaper to fly in from Denmark than it is to get a train from Devon or up north.

... and if you purchased to help someone out, be an even nicer person and help out a stranger.

I did not get the impression flyingkiwidk was buying an extra ticket to make money.
  • Off_it said:

Not a lot only spares on this thread. Just bickering and people telling other people what they should do.

With all due respect starting a thread asking for spares before the last ticket is sold is a little unrealistic. A week or so before the game, maybe, but how many people are going to buy a ticket and then discover half an hour later that they don't need it?

I'm sure that there will be a few spares nearer to the time but to come on here asking for one when the club still have some for sale does suggest that there is some demand for tickets that will end up being used by someone that doesn't qualify to get one on the club's criteria, and I can see no reason as to why the beneficiary shouldn't pay a fee to queue jump above more deserving recipients.

In fact I would suggest that all the time the club is still selling them, and they will always take them back, and mightn't have even posted them out yet, here is an argument that any unwanted tickets should be given back to the club.

In any event spares are most likely to come about from people changing their plans or having them changed for them.

There was always going to be someone that was going to have a ticket above face value at this stage, and I suspect that the spare discussed above was purchased to sell on for a profit. I don't know this for sure, but it looks like it. The only way to stop touts, permanently, is for everyone to refuse to pay over face value. All the while someone is willing to pay extra to jump the queue, these sort of things will happen.

I have, myself, paid a huge markup for a tickets on several occasions, and for various different events. It happens. I have no issue with forum rules banning personal profit, but I do find the disgust that is showed by some on here to be a little over dramatic.
    Although perhaps morally wrong, touts serve a purpose.

I bought a ticket off a tout to see The Human League at Hammersmith after Forest away last year.
  • Off_it said:

Not a lot only spares on this thread. Just bickering and people telling other people what they should do.

With all due respect starting a thread asking for spares before the last ticket is sold is a little unrealistic. A week or so before the game, maybe, but how many people are going to buy a ticket and then discover half an hour later that they don't need it?

I'm sure that there will be a few spares nearer to the time but to come on here asking for one when the club still have some for sale does suggest that there is some demand for tickets that will end up being used by someone that doesn't qualify to get one on the club's criteria, and I can see no reason as to why the beneficiary shouldn't pay a fee to queue jump above more deserving recipients.

In fact I would suggest that all the time the club is still selling them, and they will always take them back, and mightn't have even posted them out yet, here is an argument that any unwanted tickets should be given back to the club.

In any event spares are most likely to come about from people changing their plans or having them changed for them.

There was always going to be someone that was going to have a ticket above face value at this stage, and I suspect that the spare discussed above was purchased to sell on for a profit. I don't know this for sure, but it looks like it. The only way to stop touts, permanently, is for everyone to refuse to pay over face value. All the while someone is willing to pay extra to jump the queue, these sort of things will happen.

I have, myself, paid a huge markup for a tickets on several occasions, and for various different events. It happens. I have no issue with forum rules banning personal profit, but I do find the disgust that is showed by some on here to be a little over dramatic.
    Although perhaps morally wrong, touts serve a purpose.

I bought a ticket off a tout to see The Human League at Hammersmith after Forest away last year.
    I paid a tout €600 to watch an England game in the 2006 World Cup. As outrageous as it was for a ticket with a face value of €50 (from memory) having flown out for the weekend I was happy to be able to get a ticket at all.
  • shine166 said:

Purposely buying, to sell for profit Is a scummy thing to do... No questions about it. 'Recouping' travel costs is no excuse, it is probably cheaper to fly in from Denmark than it is to get a train from Devon or up north.

... and if you purchased to help someone out, be an even nicer person and help out a stranger.

I did not get the impression flyingkiwidk was buying an extra ticket to make money.
    Maybe it's just lost in translation, but by sayin 'offers' I'm presuming he wast willing to sell at a loss... What ever the original intentions were

• edited September 2015
    shine166 said:

shine166 said:

Maybe it's just lost in translation, but by sayin 'offers' I'm presuming he wast willing to sell at a loss... What ever the original intentions were

"Lost in translation"? I'm not Danish you know. :-)
  • Not for one minute trying to suggest limiting discussion (I was indeed critical myself) but my opinion is that flyingkiwiDK has apologised so perhaps best to draw a line under it. I think the principle of no selling tickets at a profit on CL has been established.
  • mountain / molehill / move on
  • mountain / molehill / move on

Mountain out of molehill, I quite agree.
  • Sponsored links:

• who would want to be a tout,stand outside a football ground and risk being jumped on,not me
  • 'Glass half full' : Alan-has been incredibly generous, and offered myself a ticket, so will be making a donation to a CAFC good cause, As I have been involved with the museum, think that might be the recipient .
  • GHF is a very generous man. Well done to him!

And he has some lovely friends !

( We'll be with him in Crossbars pre match on Saturday, Ken if you're buying....)

:smiley:

And he has some lovely friends !

( We'll be with him in Crossbars pre match on Saturday, Ken if you're buying....)

:smiley:

He sure does!
  • Have to pop up there then...... be rude not too I guess.
  • PM me if someone has another one or two. Happy to pay over the odds.
  • edited September 2015

PM me if someone has another one or two. Happy to pay over the odds.

Thin ice.

Good use of Caps though
  • If anyone does have either 1, 2 or 3 spares please, but I won't be able to answer straight away thank you!

If there's 2 going spare anyone :)
  • Has it been confirmed that they are not giving us any more?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2015

Has it been confirmed that they are not giving us any more?

No more tickets mate according to the OS extract 'On Monday, September 7th, all season ticket holders and Valley Gold members became eligible to buy up to two tickets each.
    The last seats for the tie at Selhurst Park were sold just after 3pm that day and the club have since been advised that additional seats will not be made available'.
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/tickets/ticket-prices/index.aspx#qHdKzrVbKgx6g50x.99
  • edited September 2015

Off_it said:

Piss off and mind your own business.
    DM, Shouldn't you be listening to your Imagination albums and cracking one out over pictures of Leee?

;)
  • Im still looking for 2
  • Im still looking for 2
  • Also still need 2 please!
  • I would like one ticket if anyone has one they would like to sell. I am willing to pay more than face value if nessacary. pm me please. much apreciated
  • Looking for 2 tickets :)
  • all get in order im second.lol im still going anyway ticket or not.coyr.
  • edited September 2015
    Still looking for 1 adult ticket.

Don't make me sit in the home end!