Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Spares for Palace...

Comments

• Selling my season ticket £1000 pm please

You're avin a laugh, only paid £150 for mine.......we are the A block, we are the A block, we are the A block East Stand. Large & Golfie gis a wave, oh hang on think I might have moved along next to you at the last home game :smiley:
  • Would kill for two, literally.
  • One adult if anyone's got one spare? Would be much appreciated.
  • It shouldn't just be a CL rule, it's surely a Charlton thing. Got a spare, sell at face value. Genuinely can't understand why anyone would do any different.
  • Looking for TWO adult tickets - please message me with price. Can meet before or after the game on saturday. Thanks in advance
  • edited September 2015
    I don't have a ticket to sell, nor do I need one (I don't want to go to the game) but I can see why someone would want to sell a ticket at above the face value.

It's not something I would do, personally, but on the basis that it costs money to benefit from a priority (Valley Gold, tickets to other away games and, to a smaller extent a season ticket) why shouldn't some of that expenditure to recouped if a ticket is going to be sold to someone that shouldn't get anywhere near getting one as they don't pay for those things? We give Millwall a lot of stick about their 'band wagon' but there will, no doubt, be a few Charlton fans at Palace that don't contribute to any of those costly criteria listed above.

If the practice of making money out of fellow fans is not acceptable to those running the site then, of course, this forum shouldn't be used to tout tickets but I think it is as unfair of fans to demand to be sold tickets at face value that they don't (and shouldn't) qualify for as it is for those giving the club much more money to recouped some of that outlay.

However, I would have thought that the fairest and most appropriate course of action would be to 'sell' the ticket back to the club so that they can offer it to the next person on the 'priority' list that wants one.

I'm sure I'm going to get flagged for this but if I don't share someone else's opinion then, as long as I don't offend them, I think I should be allowed to put my point across.
  • I don't have a ticket to sell, nor do I need one (I don't want to go to the game) but I can see why someone would want to sell a ticket at above the face value.

It's not something I would do, personally, but on the basis that it costs money to benefit from a priority (Valley Gold, tickets to other away games and, to a smaller extent a season ticket) why shouldn't some of that expenditure to recouped if a ticket is going to be sold to someone that shouldn't get anywhere near getting one as they don't pay for those things? We give Millwall a lot of stick about their 'band wagon' but there will, no doubt, be a few Charlton fans at Palace that don't contribute to any of those costly criteria listed above.

If the practice of making money out of fellow fans is not acceptable to those running the site then, of course, this forum shouldn't be used to tout tickets but I think it is as unfair of fans to demand to be sold tickets at face value that they don't (and shouldn't) qualify for as it is for those giving the club much more money to recouped some of that outlay.

However, I would have thought that the fairest and most appropriate course of action would be to 'sell' the ticket back to the club so that they can offer it to the next person on the 'priority' list that wants one.

I'm sure I'm going to get flagged for this but if I don't share someone else's opinion then, as long as I don't offend them, I think I should be allowed to put my point across.

The problem with your argument is that there are many Season ticket holders who haven't been able to obtain a ticket due to not getting through on the phone line and not having time to go down on the day. So would you think it's perfectly acceptable charging those double the price?
  • Needed one more ticket for Old Firm league cup final years ago. Fella came in the pub on the night before and offered it out face value £25 and wouldn't even accept a drink on top for it. That's the way it should be. Also it seems to me a bit strange that you've since you are offering to sell the ticket so soon after they went on sale. Did you buy an extra one with the purpose of selling it for profit?

Absolutely not! I bought an extra one for a Charlton supporting mate of mine who was 50/50 at the time. Didn't want him to miss out just in case he could make it but as it happens he has work commitments hence I have one going spare.

Love the accusation though. Well done.
    Did you see the ? at the end. I was asking you a question in which you have answered. If I was accusing you I wouldn't have added a ? Good luck in your quest to rip a fellow supporter off.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2015

I don't have a ticket to sell, nor do I need one (I don't want to go to the game) but I can see why someone would want to sell a ticket at above the face value.

The problem with your argument is that there are many Season ticket holders who haven't been able to obtain a ticket due to not getting through on the phone line and not having time to go down on the day. So would you think it's perfectly acceptable charging those double the price?
    Well, on the basis that there are more than three times as many season ticket holders as there are tickets available, and a Valley Gold membership would, almost certainly, have guaranteed a ticket do you think that the season ticket holder without a ticket should get priority over all other season ticket holders because they come on here?

Presumably if the ticket was passed back to the club the season ticket holders would be no better off.

In answer to your question, however, I think that if someone that qualifies (and pays for it) and is willing to sell a ticket to someone that would, otherwise, not have got one then yes it is acceptable for them to make a bit of money on it. Assuming, of course, that they are not going to pass them back to the club so that someone more deserving (based on the criteria the club use) can have it.

Either way I find it rather demanding for someone that couldn't get one to demand that someone that could should prioritise them for nothing.
  • edited September 2015
    Purposely buying, to sell for profit Is a scummy thing to do... No questions about it. 'Recouping' travel costs is no excuse, it is probably cheaper to fly in from Denmark than it is to get a train from Devon or up north.

... and if you purchased to help someone out, be an even nicer person and help out a stranger.
  • Face value only on here please. Thanks

Why? I hate Phil Collins.
  • Not a lot only spares on this thread. Just bickering and people telling other people what they should do.
  • Off_it said:

Not a lot only spares on this thread. Just bickering and people telling other people what they should do.

Piss off and mind your own business.
    You shouldn't be horrible. You should be nice.
  • Off_it said:

Just bickering and people telling other people what they should do.

You must be new here :)
  • Off_it said:

Not a lot only spares on this thread. Just bickering and people telling other people what they should do.

One of the reasons I love this forum so much!
  • Off_it said:

With all due respect starting a thread asking for spares before the last ticket is sold is a little unrealistic. A week or so before the game, maybe, but how many people are going to buy a ticket and then discover half an hour later that they don't need it?

I'm sure that there will be a few spares nearer to the time but to come on here asking for one when the club still have some for sale does suggest that there is some demand for tickets that will end up being used by someone that doesn't qualify to get one on the club's criteria, and I can see no reason as to why the beneficiary shouldn't pay a fee to queue jump above more deserving recipients.

In fact I would suggest that all the time the club is still selling them, and they will always take them back, and mightn't have even posted them out yet, here is an argument that any unwanted tickets should be given back to the club.

In any event spares are most likely to come about from people changing their plans or having them changed for them.

There was always going to be someone that was going to have a ticket above face value at this stage, and I suspect that the spare discussed above was purchased to sell on for a profit. I don't know this for sure, but it looks like it. The only way to stop touts, permanently, is for everyone to refuse to pay over face value. All the while someone is willing to pay extra to jump the queue, these sort of things will happen.

I have, myself, paid a huge markup for a tickets on several occasions, and for various different events. It happens. I have no issue with forum rules banning personal profit, but I do find the disgust that is showed by some on here to be a little over dramatic.
  • Choice over at Charlton Athletic choice tv is doing a competition for a u18 ticket on facebook if anyone wants to give that a go.
  • Sponsored links:

• my kitten has been diagnosed with with chronic flatulence which has meant I have had to give up my tour of the UK undertaking charitable work on behalf of the human race.

i completely forgot about tickets going on sale yesterday to ST holders as I was assisting elderly people on and off of public transport all day.

never mind, i'm sure that if there are two tickets spare, they will go to a good home.
  • Off_it said:

With all due respect starting a thread asking for spares before the last ticket is sold is a little unrealistic. A week or so before the game, maybe, but how many people are going to buy a ticket and then discover half an hour later that they don't need it?

I'm sure that there will be a few spares nearer to the time but to come on here asking for one when the club still have some for sale does suggest that there is some demand for tickets that will end up being used by someone that doesn't qualify to get one on the club's criteria, and I can see no reason as to why the beneficiary shouldn't pay a fee to queue jump above more deserving recipients.

In fact I would suggest that all the time the club is still selling them, and they will always take them back, and mightn't have even posted them out yet, here is an argument that any unwanted tickets should be given back to the club.

In any event spares are most likely to come about from people changing their plans or having them changed for them.

There was always going to be someone that was going to have a ticket above face value at this stage, and I suspect that the spare discussed above was purchased to sell on for a profit. I don't know this for sure, but it looks like it. The only way to stop touts, permanently, is for everyone to refuse to pay over face value. All the while someone is willing to pay extra to jump the queue, these sort of things will happen.

I have, myself, paid a huge markup for a tickets on several occasions, and for various different events. It happens. I have no issue with forum rules banning personal profit, but I do find the disgust that is showed by some on here to be a little over dramatic.

Well it's sold out now, so maybe climb down off your high horse ?
  • Off_it said:

No harm in making a spares thread, not all of us live near the Valley to pop down. I've trying since 9am to get a ticket. Couldn't manage to get one. I have every right to have a ticket just as you, so climb off your high horse seems apt.
  • If anyone does have either 1, 2 or 3 spares please, but I won't be able to answer straight away thank you!
  • Off_it said:

No harm in making a spares thread, not all of us live near the Valley to pop down. I've trying since 9am to get a ticket. Couldn't manage to get one. I have every right to have a ticket just as you, so climb off your high horse seems apt.
    Fair enough but my point was that it is no surprise that there are very few people offering spares yet as it's unlikely that one would have bought one and then realised 24 hours later that they didn't need it.

I had no objection to the spares thread, I was just pointing out that I'm not, personally, surprised that there are no spares available yet.
  • CAFCsayer said:

Would kill for two, literally.

Go for the home end!
  • Happy I got a ticket but I'd sell mine for £250 let me know.
  • That's the link I was trying to post. A fool and their money...