Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Naby Sarr signed on 5 year deal*** (Ed. Gone)

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2020
    He’s has more memorable moments than most in the last 5 years. Tend to agree that he’s been underused a bit by Bowyer, particularly in the run-in when we were so struggling to create chances.

If either one of him or Pearce was right footed they’d have made a good pairing, as it was they layer the same role but were a bit chalk and cheese playing style wise.

We won’t be replacing him with as good a player as he is, so his departure weakens us. 

Very best of wishes Naby Beckensarr, I hope you find a club that will love you like we grew to. 
  • Options
    Had a love and hate relationship with Naby but, ultimately, it was more love than hate. I feel we're a weaker team without him in it. A proper cult hero who I'm sad to see go. Merci, Naby!
  • Options
    Loved watching Naby. Remember the ball to Taylor for the goal away to Forest.
  • Options
    Ahhhhh im seriously gutted!!

Does that mean we will just have plain ol defenders again!?!
  • Options
    I don't rate him as highly as others on here but will miss him. Seems like a good lad as well, always seemed to get on well with the rest of the squad. Thanks Naby.
  • Options
    Farewell to one of my favourite players of the last few years. Gor some ridiculous stick on here at times. All the best Naby!
  • Options
    Best long passer at the club without a doubt. I really liked him and am sad to see him go but it was inevitable, really.

I wonder if he'll get a club in England or go to France?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I liked him.
  • Options
    Sometimes sublime, often awful . 
  • Options
    All the best, Naby.  What character you showed.

You'll always be welcome back in SE7.
  • Options
    Good luck with the future Naby and thanks for your efforts. You’ll be remembered positively by this supporter.
  • Options
    Good luck wherever ya end up Nabster,game by game we never knew which Naby was going to turn up,but boy you certainly entertained us...thanks for sticking by us too,when needed,respect...tc big man...👍

PS...just dont turn up at Millwall or Weds,that’s all we ask...
  • Options
    The good the bad and the ugly of playing, but was a cult hero in the end so all the best Naby.

Time to retire the no.23 shirt I think
  • Options
    I’d just like to take this opportunity to thank Naby for all the assists.

Beat wishes,

90% of the teams you played against. 
  • Options
    Seriously, sorry to see him go - bit of a cult hero. 
  • Options
    Deserves a warm welcome if he ever returns to The Valley with another club, which is a hell of a turnaround from when he arrived with an over-inflated price tag looking every inch a Thomas Dreisen signing.

A part of me wonders if we might have stayed up if we'd played him up front instead of some of our actual strikers during the last few games, as he certainly appears to have more composure in front of goal than Hemed (and Bonne at times). I think he would have put away at least one of the numerous chances we squandered in the last few games to get us that crucial extra point or two.

Ultimately, I'll always be a bit sad to see the back of any player that his given his all for us and clearly developed an affection for the club. However, I'm also confident that Gallen will be able to find us a replacement of comparable ability for a hell of a lot less than the £2.5m(?) that we paid for Naby, and a fraction of the wages. That's more a reflection of Katrien "I like negotiating the transfers" Meire's total ineptitude rather than any fault of Naby's though.

Good luck to him.
  • Options
    My son's favourite player and I liked him too. He was such an enigma and he put up with a lot of dog's abuse at the start as he was covered by the stench of Duchatelet/Meire. He got his head down to get into the squad then the team and he did a job with some amazing cross field passes and some top drawer goals. And who'd forget the OG-Gate at Wembley last year he was involved in. He goes with my thanks and all the best for his future career. I hope,despite the most turbulent period of the club, he has good memories of us too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Still divides opinions but I thought he was fantastic, particularly for the last 2 seasons. 

My favourite player and one I'll look out for for the rest of his career. 
  • Options
    I think this lad could become a bit of a cult figure . Welcome Naby
    Prophetic stuff. Interesting to read through this thread, especially all the optimism on the first page. I doubt anybody could have predicted what would've happened over the next five years.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    http://footyroom.com/maribor-1-1-sporting-lisbon-2014-09/ Link to the reason a few Sporting fans don't like him Go to 3:38 for the offending moment
    That's the other defender's fuckup fgs
    Also nice to see some consistency from Leuth.
  • Options
    Reduce the wage bill or keep him ... we made the right decision. 
  • Options
    My girlfriend of 5 1/2 years is moving out tomorrow morning as well. Perhaps it was always going to be this way
  • Options
    Tres bien oui et " for fcuks sake" will be missed by me