Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Naby Sarr signed on 5 year deal*** (Ed. Gone)

Comments

• Options
    Heartbroken.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Thanks Naby.  I didn't watch us much in the Champ Duchatelet days.  Last season in L1 and this at the start of the champ you were a joy to watch, our play at times was some of the best quality of football.  You always looked class against Luton, so you'll probably end up there!
  • Options
    Had some shockers for us and some great moments too! That QPR goal is pinned on my Twitter and I don't think I can ever bring myself to replace it haha! Seems like a lovely bloke too, who always gave his all. Hope he gets a good gig elsewhere. Thanks Naby
  • Options
    Good luck Naby.
  • Options
    Loved  Nabby and gutted he has gone as he seemed to care about the club. He will always be welcomed  back. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Leuth said:
    My girlfriend of 5 1/2 years is moving out tomorrow morning as well. Perhaps it was always going to be this way
    Sorry to read that mate.
    These things always happen for a reason, to let something better happen.
  • Options
    Thanks for the memories Naby, will never forget that own goal at Wembley xox
  • Options
    Gutted and relieved in the same sentence 
    Which sort of summed him up?never knew which naby would turn up 
    Had some shocker moments and some sublime moments as well
    But wish him all the best just the same
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    My girlfriend of 5 1/2 years is moving out tomorrow morning as well. Perhaps it was always going to be this way
    Feeling your pain at the moment Leuth.
  • Options
    More good memories than bad for me . Highlights free kick at Wimbledon and equaliser at QPR . Seemed like a decent guy  as well , all the best Naby .
  • Options
    No surprise that he's gone.

Sad though. He was a character and I enjoyed watching him.

If they ever allow fans to attend  and open The Valley toilets to enable old gits like me to go in all senses of the word and Naby is playing he will get a cheer and clap from me. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Thanks all. Yeah, the Sarr years and the Charlton Aesthetic years will always be one and the same. Nice how it worked out in a way. Certainly fitting

I was feeling sad about Naby and now I feel even sadder. I wish you, Ms Aesthetic and Naby well for the future. All life, relationships and football contracts come to an end. We go again. 

• Options
    He always had me on the edge of my seat as you never knew what he was going to do, half the time I don’t think he knew what he was going to do! Brilliant moments followed by utter shit! Gotta love Nabs! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I feel sad, love Naby
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Chin up mate👍🏽👍🏽
  • Options
    Gutted about naby!
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    At least he honoured his contract could have done a runner sooner and turned his back on us, like another person that shall not be named.
  • Options
    Nice post, although a shame about the God stuff. Refreshingly honest and modest of him to admit that he had a rocky start but learned and improved a lot.
  • Options
    I've decided to fully embrace denial as a coping mechanism where Charlton are concerned, so I'm just going to point out that Jonny Williams was released last summer.
  • Options
    I’d just like to take this opportunity to thank Naby for all the assists.

Beat wishes,

90% of the teams you played against. 
    He scored a good goal at Wembley as well.
  • Options
    I’d just like to take this opportunity to thank Naby for all the assists.

Beat wishes,

90% of the teams you played against. 
    He scored a good goal at Wembley as well.
    Kick started the game for us.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    My favourite player of recent times, better passer than almost anyone else in the squad, took his chances more often than anyone else in the box too, shots to goals ratio must be sky high. If his concentration didn't let him down every now and then he'd be a formidable player, as it is he'll leave us knowing he won over the vast majority of fans and that is a huge achievement in this day and age where scapegoats are made within seconds. 

Also away from the pitch is an absolutely lovely guy, I once had a conversation with him in a shop for 20 minutes and he was charming, funny, slightly shy and just seemed incredibly happy just to be recognised by a fan, he couldn't stop smiling and spoke at length about how much he loved being here and how good the squad was (this was last summer)

All the best, Mon gars
    I bet he could not stop smiling when opening his 8k(allegedly) weekly pay slip.