Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIXTURE RELEASE 2015-16

Comments

• For some reason QPR are regarded as a big Club. There is no real justification for this as they are in fact a tin pot, two bob, small club from some Bush out West who no-one gives too shits about, with scummy fans and a creaking, decrepit stadium.

Yes. As @SheedyCAFC said, they're in our league for a reason.
  • Hotel booked for a visit to Derby .. that game will be a REAL early season test of our (hopefully) new and strengthened team ((:>) .. last season they mullered us .. fings can ownlee get better
  • edited June 2015
    The thing that struck me looking through that list is that there are hardly any teams/places I'm really excited about us playing. I can't remember the Championship looking so bland as far as fun away days go.
  • I'm happy - the 2 away games I wanted to go to as they are new grounds are Cardiff and Hull. Both on a Saturday. Hull away is the weekend of my 34th Birthday. Rock and roll
  • The cafc shit ya knickers brigade loud Nd clear and alive and kicking this morning
  • Hotel booked for a visit to Derby .. that game will be a REAL early season test of our (hopefully) new and strengthened team ((:>) .. last season they mullered us .. fings can ownlee get better

Derby might still have a hangover from the dismal end of season run which saw them plummet out of the automatic promotion places...
  • Surely Sky will be covering their favourite team, Leeds, they seemed to be on quite a bit last year despite their position in the table.
  • at the risk of sounding like my Dad here but that's a tough old start - despite them being in the PL last season, think the opening day will be our best chance of a win in the first three games
  • Burnley away 19th December

185 Charlton

beautiful , early Christmas present for the kids a trip to Burnley with our cranky Charlton brethren
  • iaitch said:

Surely Sky will be covering their favourite team, Leeds, they seemed to be on quite a bit last year despite their position in the table.

As official TV anorak, I can confirm Leeds had eight live league games and one live league cup game on tele last season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Burnley away 19th December

185 Charlton

beautiful , early Christmas present for the kids a trip to Burnley with our cranky Charlton brethren
    I'll be there .. hotel booked .. just hope the cross Pennine M/way is not too frosty

Derby might still have a hangover from the dismal end of season run which saw them plummet out of the automatic promotion places...
    new manager will have them up for it .. they have/are spent/spending lots .. Bent on a permanent and (probably) Ince .. not too many will leave from last season .. their defence is still a bit slow and cumbersome though .. I am looking forward to the game on a nice late summer afternoon
  • Of the opening day fixtures, I reckon it will be us v QPR or Leeds v Burnley as they tend to like relegated premier league teams.

QPR are a bigger draw than Burnley but Leeds are a much bigger draw than us so I assume they'll show the Leeds game.

Hope we get the Friday though as I'm at a wedding on the first day.
  • Of the opening day fixtures, I reckon it will be us v QPR or Leeds v Burnley as they tend to like relegated premier league teams.

QPR are a bigger draw than Burnley but Leeds are a much bigger draw than us so I assume they'll show the Leeds game.

Hope we get the Friday though as I'm at a wedding on the first day.

QPR are a more interesting story though, high profile owners, vast amounts of money wasted on lazy players, potential fines etc

new manager will have them up for it .. they have/are spent/spending lots .. Bent on a permanent and (probably) Ince .. not too many will leave from last season .. their defence is still a bit slow and cumbersome though .. I am looking forward to the game on a nice late summer afternoon
    EDIT: Just recalled .. Derby have signed CB Alex Pearce .. he will DEFINITELY speed up and strengthen the Rams defence
  • Well, I am at a party on the Friday evening so we'd better not be on the ***** telly. I can cope with Sunday lunchtime no probs.
  • Bad planning by the League and Sky - making the title decider the first game means the rest of the season will be a bit of an anticlimax.

I do love a flag. Don't get many of them but, when I do, it keeps me entertained for the rest of the day working out quite how I've succeeded in offending someone unintentionally.

Must be someone from the School Of Sensible Remarks.
  • QPR won't be all that this season. Can't see them challenging.
  • Bad planning by the League and Sky - making the title decider the first game means the rest of the season will be a bit of an anticlimax.

I do love a flag. Don't get many of them but, when I do, it keeps me entertained for the rest of the day working out quite how I've succeeded in offending someone unintentionally.

Sorry mate was an accident! Removed it
  • charltonJ said:

Bad planning by the League and Sky - making the title decider the first game means the rest of the season will be a bit of an anticlimax.

Sorry mate was an accident! Removed it
    No problem.
  • Sponsored links:

• Any ideas if there would be trains running between London and Bristol on Boxing Day ?
  • edited June 2015
    Only just got in to see the fixtures.......ouch !! definitely a tough start & I agree with a previous poster that this NOW must spur RD & KM on to bring players in before Aug 1. No point hanging around until Aug 31st and then looking at the loan market as we could be bottom 3 with less points than games played before then.

PS. Boxing day game is a shocker. don't think we've played anyone further. Don't the League TRY and get you to play someone local. I don't expect a London team (although seeing as we have Brentford, Fulham & QPR to choose from its not that hard to do) a team like MK Dons & Brighton should be on the cards or even Reading & Ipswich are doable, but Bristol !!!!!!

PPS. And as for the opening fixture - what are we, some sort of Football League barometer for promoted/relegated teams ??? Jeez - cant we ever start with just a normal, run of the mill game !!!!!
  • Hope the qpr game if its televised is 12.45 or friday night have to be at work at 7pm sat.
  • http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/channel-5-football-league-highlights-2496991.aspx

I'd say that sounds slightly more promising then the drivel we have had to sit and watch at midnight previous seasons! If Rosenior's not on it either, I'll be over the moon...You get more personality from a tin can!
  • anybody know how to get fixtures on calendar of Iphone?
  • found it, click the link here, then subscribe to fixtures.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/teams/charlton-athletic/fixtures
  • On paper a challenging start – but might also be best time to play them. A lot will depend on how ready we are.
  • Pedro45 said:

Burnley away 19th December

185 Charlton

Last time i went to Turf Moor we lost 7-0 . Never again.
    7-1.
    I'm in then...
  • anybody know how to get fixtures on calendar of Iphone?

Mine just updated on its own, had last season''s fixtures on it.
  • edited June 2015
    I'm pleased with that list.

A tough start on paper, but you're usually better off, playing the relegated teams, at the start of the season, before they've got their act together.

I'm happy that Boxing day is a crap away game, so I can miss that one, without a care.

Also pleased that many of the crap away games are on a Tuesday, Huddersfield, Preston, Bolton.