Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIXTURE RELEASE 2015-16

Comments

• Although the start looks hard on paper you just don't know.

Teams like QPR could struggle to adapt back in the premiership same with hull. You might find Derby struggling with a new manager and Forest you just never know.

Positivity Tony, positivity mate!
  • edited June 2015
    Bolton away on a Tuesday night again, pretty stupid.

Bit gutted about some of the away games I wanted to go to taking place while I'm working in France, but hopefully will get to go to Bristol City, QPR and possibly Burnley away.
  • January is going to be one crazy month for us oop North in Yorkshire.
    I usually go wherever for the first fixture of the new year. Then FA Cup 3rd round. Sod's law says it will be Huddersfield, but of course I would be hoping and praying up here cos by the time Town, Hull and Rotherham come around I am going to be well and truly potless with Christmas only just behind me. :fearful:
  • Certainly looks like a tough start particularly the first 5 games, but i'm not so sure that's a bad thing. We had a pretty tough opening few games last season and beat Derby & Watford at home amongst other good results. If we can make a good start again it will give the confidence a huge boost going forward.
  • V Tricky start
  • In terms of away games I fancied, a bit of a mare really.

Derby and Forest in the same week in August, MK Dons midweek, Bristol City Boxing day, like others was looking forward to seeing their rebuilt ground and having a weekend in Brizzle :-(
  • love it we are away boxing day, alaways hard to justify leaving the family for footy so away game settles that lovely, also ST GEORGES DAY , at home to Brighton #messy
  • Burnley away 19th December

185 Charlton

Last time i went to Turf Moor we lost 7-0 . Never again.
  • Should we be that afraid of QPR? They're in the same league of us for a reason
  • Sponsored links:

• QPR will be on live TV I reckon so prepare for Sunday lunchtime/Friday evening all.

Agreed. I reckon Sky will go for our game and the Cardiff v Fulham match, they look the most interesting out of the first day fixtures - although Brighton v Forest would be attractive too.
  • QPR will be on live TV I reckon so prepare for Sunday lunchtime/Friday evening all.

Agreed. I reckon Sky will go for our game and the Cardiff v Fulham match, they look the most interesting out of the first day fixtures - although Brighton v Forest would be attractive too.
    Since when did Sky start championing us? Would love to see us kicking off the televised games but doubt it based on the recent lack of recognition Sky extend to us.
  • Burnley away 19th December

185 Charlton

Last time i went to Turf Moor we lost 7-0 . Never again.
    7-1.
  • Should book a holiday in the beautiful Peak District for mid august. Be handy for the Saturday and Tuesday.
  • How do we know its a tough start? Seems an odd statement.
    We don't know how good those teams are going to be yet?
  • I'm sure we always get a relegated/ promoted side to open with. When was the last time we didn't?
  • True, you would fancy those teams to be in and around the top 6 but you never know.

Before last season it was considered a tough start at home when we had Derby and Wigan.
    Wigan went down.
    And the point away to Brentford in the first game was perhaps even better than we thought at the time.
  • Everyone said August would be difficult when we pulled out

Brentford (A)
    Wigan (H)
    Derby (H)
    Huddersfield (A)
    Brighton (A)

• I'm sure we always get a relegated/ promoted side to open with. When was the last time we didn't?

well the chances of getting one of the six promoted/relegated teams is only 1 in 3 so it's not that surprising really.

• Sponsored links:

• 6/23 is closer to 1/4, and then to get this five years running is 1/1000
  • (ish)
  • *consults calculator* 1/828, in fact. Obviously very remote odds
  • Bloody hell doesnt the football league like us. Tough start at least we we will know where we at after 5 games. First 6 pointer at home to rotherham lol in September. At least we're not bloody at home on boxing day.
  • Leuth said:

6/23 is closer to 1/4, and then to get this five years running is 1/1000

6/23?
  • Leuth said:

Our 1st year back in the Championship was against Birmingham, they weren't promoted or relegated.
  • edited June 2015
    Leuth said:

*consults calculator* 1/828, in fact. Obviously very remote odds

Those odds are also affected by the fact that in one of those five years we were a promoted side so the odds were 5/23 that season.
  • haha fine, I was only running the hypotheticals ;)
  • Leuth said:

6/23?
    six promoted/relegated sides out of twenty-three (we can't play ourselves).
  • Leuth said:

6/23?
    3 up, 3 down = 6
    24 teams minus us = 23

Therefore chance of drawing a team promoted or relegated is 6/23.