Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Ashes 2015

Comments

• Options

55-3

Hazlewood goes for 12 in one over, 11 of which are scored by Root.

Who needs Twenty/20?!?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

I think it is safe to say that we have "doctored" this wicket so as not to suit their bowling attack. Good work I say.

Not working so far is it?
    The batsmen still have to apply themselves in overcast conditions which makes Cook's dismissal at the hands of Lyon even more ridiculous.
  • Options
    70-3

Root, having had his let off after being dropped second ball, is making the Aussie attack look somewhat ordinary with 26 off just 17 balls.
  • Options
    33 run partnership with Ballance and Root has 32 of them!
  • Options
    Ballance now coming to the party with two fours in an over off Johnson.
  • Options
    88-3 at lunch. Australia's session but a good fightback from Ballance (28) and Root (33).

• Options
    edited July 2015
    It's already clear that our hopes of winning the series rely on Root scoring a truck load of runs.
  • Options
    Carrying a number 4 at the moment, Bell has scored 0 or 1 in 6 of his last 9 innings, he has also averaged only 28 since that summer two years ago.
    Bairstow must be breathing down his neck!
  • Options

Night watchman?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Night watchman?
    To be fair to Ballance, Root had more of the strike and he did put a few away just before lunch.
  • Options

Bell out LBW

Did they review? Looked to be drifting wide to me.
    Yeah after I quoted this I saw someone mention it was umpires call. The replay looked like it was heading wide of leg
  • Options
    Because the hire car i had was tuned into Talksport and me not knowing how to work it, i had to endure Talksport for first session this morning, and was hugely impressed with Didi Hammann's knowledge of cricket - he knew more about cricket and the England players than the other blokes - very knowledgable. Considering he's a Kraut !
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

I am surprised neither of the Marsh's are playing. I think we will be all out for about 220. The Snail to get a duck.

Dick, i'm not saying anything, but i'm eyeing this post !
  • Options
    Root gets his 50 (54)

117-3
  • Options
    Brilliant from Root once again. I could watch him bat all day. Hopefully I'll get the chance!
  • Options
    I know i've said this before, but OZ definitely have some of the most obnoxious players around in Warner,Haddin,Clarke and Johnson.
    When i eventually got onto TMS this morning, Swanny virtually let it out that Warner was the player who he said 'was so far up his own arris'
  • Options
    Ballance getting a right working over from Johnson. Ballance doesn't like watching the ball or using the bat to hit it either.
  • Options
    Review for turned down LBW against Root.
  • Options
    Wasted by Aussies as ball pitches outside leg ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I know i've said this before, but OZ definitely have some of the most obnoxious players around in Warner,Haddin,Clarke and Johnson.
    When i eventually got onto TMS this morning, Swanny virtually let it out that Warner was the player who he said 'was so far up his own arris'

Christ, that's a bit rich coming from Swann
  • Options

Wasted by Aussies as ball pitches outside leg ;-)

I wouldn't say wasted. It was bloody close!
  • Options
    England's run rate is over 3.8. Fantastic to see England playing on the front foot.
  • Options
    139-3 at drinks

Ballance 41* (96)
    Root 68* (70)

Now batsmen please remember to start all over again post drinks!
  • Options
    143-3 and with the hundred partnership.
  • Options

Ballance getting a right working over from Johnson. Ballance doesn't like watching the ball or using the bat to hit it either.

He's clearly a bit out of touch, but fair play to the bloke he's really toughing it out out there. Spending time in the middle is the best way of recapturing form so hopefully after this he can really push on. People forget that since June 2013 he's in the top 10 batsmen in the world in terms of runs scored.
  • Options

He's clearly a bit out of touch, but fair play to the bloke he's really toughing it out out there. Spending time in the middle is the best way of recapturing form so hopefully after this he can really push on. People forget that since June 2013 he's in the top 10 batsmen in the world in terms of runs scored.
    It's handy for Ballance that he's with Root rather than say Cook, as Root scores so quickly that he isn't under pressure to speed up
  • Options

I don't think he ever looks comfortable whether he scores runs or not. What he has got is determination and a penchant for occupying the crease. As time goes on in his innings he finds it a bit easier and the runs come quicker.
  • Options
    Root is making Starc look like a net bowler.
  • Options
    Ballance gets his 50

179-3